Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='IceDorago' timestamp='1330270868' post='5841814']
How likely do you honestly think it is that they'd create new Pokémon within an ongoing generation?
[/quote]

The new Kyurem pair for one.

Didn't B/W say something about Kyurem being the original dragon and Resherim and Zekrom came from him... No one said that so I just thought I'd put in my two cents.

[quote name='♠Decietful King♠' timestamp='1330277986' post='5842035']

Didn't B/W say something about Kyurem being the original dragon and Resherim and Zekrom came from him... No one said that so I just thought I'd put in my two cents.
[/quote]
That's yet to be seen, considering other "Forms" and the like have been introduced with new games, even though these are supposed to be seperate.

No, it was implied that Kyurem is the body of Reshiram and Zekrom, but there is/was no confirmation.

[quote name='♠Decietful King♠' timestamp='1330277986' post='5842035']

[/quote][quote name='Relius Clover' timestamp='1330278368' post='5842043']
That's yet to be seen, considering other "Forms" and the like have been introduced with new games, even though these are supposed to be seperate.

No, it was implied that Kyurem is the body of Reshiram and Zekrom, but there is/was no confirmation.
[/quote]
Didn't Kyurem come from space?

I'm looking forward to this, wonder how we got the Kyurem/Zekrom, Kyurem/Reshiram. (If it's fusion they'll be only the 2nd and 3rd in the whole series (Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno fusion in Pokemon Adventures). Given what was found in the coding they'll probably only be available in one game (the coding indicated 2 formes that includes the original), switching like Deoxys did.

I'd like her to have Tynamo instead of Emolga, none of the annoying exchanging. I'd be glad to get hold of it when it comes out in Europe, I've already replayed Ruby and will go replay Leaf Green/Fire Red. I only hope that improve on the after N story, because I found it rather boring, I'll do it, not re-challenge the E4 or as I much as I like the look of Kyurem not even catch it.

I liked N as a character, he was one of the reasons I play the game.

[quote name='~Burning Soul~' timestamp='1330281722' post='5842187']
i know it's random, but i'm betting that Elesa might have a Tynamo instead of 1 Emolga in BW2, calling it.
[/quote]

The gym leaders might not even be the same. At least, I hope they're different. Or at least the order is changed and like one new one is introduced.

If that's the case which would you ditch if they were going to change one? In GS they replaced Koga with Janine, Emerald they replaced Wallace with Juan, Platinium they changed the order from Maylene -> Wake -> Fantina to Fantina -> Maylene -> Wake.
I don't think I'd change any, but then since my last Black through I've played SS and Ruby so the leaders a little hazy to me, but I'd keep most of them, but it would be difficult to top Drayen/Iris, Elysia and Skyla's gym layouts and Brycen's gym at last changed the standard concept (you can only stand on a spot once) which if I remember even Pryce had.

Roxas I just referring to it because I meant in all of Pokemon, games, manga and all. Never heard of Venustoise, probably coz Ep 20 was such along time ago.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1330279997' post='5842089']
Zekrom and Reshiram were said to have once been a single dragon, but I haven't seen any dialogue implying that the dragon was Kyurem.
[/quote]

There's no dialogue implying it, but the design alone makes the allusions.

He's quite obviously based off of the concept of [i]Wuji [/i]which is the absense of Yin and Yang; his design is quite obviously evocative of a broken, incomplete dragon, injured and nearly destroyed though not killed- note that he has an entire wing broken off of him. His element is Ice, which would make sense, as both Electric and Fire are 'warm' types- when they were removed from him, he cooled down. Not only that, but dialogue implies that Kyurem is a lot more feral than the other two are, possibly because his higher concepts of Ideals and Truth have been torn out of him.

There's also the fact that he obviously forms a trio with the other two, despite their origin story leaving no other place for him to come in. Kyurem being the broken remnants of the original dragon simply fits the best out of any theory, I think.

But yeah, it's still just a theory. There's no actual conformation for any of this anywhere.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1330279592' post='5842076']
Didn't Kyurem come from space?
[/quote]

Possibly. The dialogue only mentions that it 'fell from a meteor'. I like to think that was when the One Dragon was split, it was high up in the air (possibly in the middle of battle); his corpse fell a good way down and was mistaken for a meteor impact.

A combination Reshiram/Zekrom, however interesting, would not really fit in with the theory that involve Kyurem being the original being. I dunno, it just doesn't work as a canonical thing

Kyurem's known back story is that it 'fell from a meteor near Lacunasa' and terrorized the villagers there.
Using the above logic, perhaps Kyurem began to prey on the innocent villagers because his sense of right and wrong, turth and ideals was gone since his (yes, I call Kyurem a he, shuddup) seperation from the souls of Reshiram and Zekrom.

I have a tiny theory on Kyurem now.
Perhaps, in the beginning, Kyurem was an embodiment of three souls; [i]wuji, yin [/i]and [i]yang[/i]. For however long, perhaps these souls were content to be represented in Kyurem's form.
After however long, perhaps, the souls began to fight for control of the body. A little like multiple personality disorder. When [i]yin[/i] was in control, the body appeared as a hybrid of Reshiram and Kyurem. With [i]yang[/i] in control, a Zekrom and Kyurem hybrid was produced.
The inner battle raged, until the two brothers came. They each equally shared the power of Kyurem, calling upon the particular side to aid his own cause.
That is, of course, until the bothers began to fight over who should be more powerful.
As the brothers themselves fought, Kyurem fluctuated between Kyurom and Kyuram (jokes), until Kyurem couldn't handle it. He went through a sort of breakdown, which is when Reshiram and Zekrom emerged as separate Pokemon. The separation caused Kyurem great pain, and it flew high to escape it. But it didn't have the energy to fully escape the planet and fell back down, smashing near Lacunasa Town, in the process snapping one of its wings off.

That little theory would connect the current surviving legends.

But heck, it ain't canon, it ain't my problem :)

Archived