Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just jumping in randomly, and not even continuing the prior line of discussion...
the one thing, the only thing, that bugs me so far about Black 2/White 2 is that Kyurem-Lightning and Kyurem-Thunder looks like a splice/fusion of Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram, respectively
In the past, fusions and splices were a thing fans did for enjoyment
Now it looks like an almost canonical thing, acknowledged by the creators as Kyurem's new forms
That's really all that bugs me so far, except for the fact its a sequel rather than a third title
But heck, that's new and different and I like that

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1330216364' post='5840789']As weird as it sounds, both cover Pokemon are alternate Kyurem forms.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I remember reading about that when the movie poster was revealed. Why make both his forms based on the rest of the Tao trio? The cool thing about Giratina's Origin Forme was how unique it was.

[quote name='Order-Sol' timestamp='1330218247' post='5840868']explosion in the middle of the screen.
explosion = where computer used to be.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bhsKlz8xkg&feature=related

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1330225203' post='5841226']
B/W had too much great music to be bad.

To list two of my favorites. (PLAAASMAAA!!!)
[/quote]
I call your Plasma Theme and Raise it one N Battle Theme! This sent shivers up my spine when first hearing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-rJlv_NSGw&feature=related

[quote name='Order-Sol' timestamp='1330227693' post='5841317']
@Stylish: excuse me for only using basic s*** online because I don't know s*** about umvc3 because it's complete ass. BlazBl-Oh wait, you don't like that. Sorry, excuse me. Also I only just picked up TT, so f***.
[/quote]
[img]http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/internet-memes-that-point-stings1.jpg[/img]

@Stylish: excuse me for only using basic s*** online because I don't know s*** about umvc3 because it's complete ass. BlazBl-Oh wait, you don't like that. Sorry, excuse me. Also I only just picked up TT, so f***.
[/quote] I hate to say this but chill the f*** out Shard :/ This is a Pokemon discussion anyways XD Also I have no problem with how much you love Blazblue & Guilty Gear, very big GG fan myself. To keep this on Topic I show another tune I loved.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WgXd63dC2s&feature=related[/media]
The essence of Pokemon in one Song :D

Also LOL! That Wonka face never gets old.

I'm too lazy to look for a link, but the theme that plays when your Pokemon is in the red is pretty catchy. Much better then that annoying as hell beeping noise.

Emotion was really good though. Definitely one of my favorites.

Anyways, hoping this one actually has a post-game. BW's post game sucked badly.

[/quote]

Don't call me that. Call me Ice if you're addressing me.

Anyways, UMvC3 isn't hard. If you were truly good at fighting games, you'd be able to pick up Marvel easy because it's seriously first one to attack wins/last to use X-Factor wins, and any real fighting game player would be able to pull off combos with ease. People have told me you suck at BB too so once again, don't go around acting like you're amazing without anything seriously backing it up.

But I really see no point in arguing about fighting games in a damn Pokemon thread. If you seriously want to continue this crap just bring it to PM or something.

[quote name='Moe Fantastico J-Max' timestamp='1330230081' post='5841357']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHItAqaW_EA[/media]

You're welcome Ice ^^ MUST USE FULL RESTORE!!!!!!
[/quote]

There we go.

This is actually extremely useful because I'm typing up some stupid report right now and I really need something catchy to listen too.

Oh, and apparently the cover Kyurims are called White Kyurim and Black Kyurim, and they've been classified as different pokemon.

Huh.

[quote name='❤ Lovely Warrior ❤' timestamp='1330230690' post='5841373']
Dumb fighting over games is dumb.

[img]http://cdn2.mixrmedia.com/wp-uploads/wirebot/blog/2011/03/boy-girl.png[/img]

I wonder if they are going to recolor the characters like in Emerald or give them different clothes like in Platinum.
[/quote]
I like Hilda just the way she is. They went with a WInter Theme for Platinum, maybe a Summer Theme for B/W 2? Hilda in a Bikini *Drools*

[quote name='Summer Rain' timestamp='1330230846' post='5841379']
SWAP HERO/INE COLOR SCHEMES
YESHYESH

They should totally recolor them to the outfit coloration of their equal, ie giving her red and white shoes and giving him manly pink and black shoes.
:P

That may have just made my day
[/quote]

So something like this?

[img]http://www.iaza.com/work/120226C/iaza15010166303600.png[/img]

Poor editing skills are poor.

[quote name='❤ Lovely Warrior ❤' timestamp='1330233748' post='5841431']
So something like this?

[img]http://www.iaza.com/work/120226C/iaza15010166303600.png[/img]

Poor editing skills are poor.
[/quote]
Yea, that was my train of thought
I reckon it'd be a little different and cool.

Of course, changing the entire color scheme, like the aforemention Ruby/Sapphire - Emerald, wouldn't be too bad either.

Honestly really glad that I'm not the only one that's actually looking forward to this and doesn't want Gen V to go burn in a hole.

Not bothered by the name, really. If these are supposed to be direct sequels rather than a remake/third version, it makes sense have them named as B/W 2, though it'd be nice if they do something like add a subtitle to it, possibly Kyurem related.

If these [i]are[/i] sequels, I'm guessing that there'll be a new cast of heroes but still the same starters, because there'd be no point for Touya/Touko, Cheren and Bel to be restarting their journeys after B/W's events. Starters would probably be the same trio due to it still most likely being Unova based, though with what happened to N, I wouldn't throw out the possibility that there'll be a short post game other-region thing.

Right now there's not much else I'm hoping for except for improvements in some stuff B/W failed in. (VS Seeker, move tutors, etc.)

Sadly, if this is going to be a direct sequel, that would probably throw out any hopes of the Sages returning and you actually fighting them, something I wanted to do in B/W since they just stood there and talked, pretty much.

But, if this is the exact same thing as B/W, while I loved them... -_-

I think if they go with completely new color pallets they should do this...

Boy: Have his main color be green instead of blue, swap the colors of his hat, change the white trim on his coat to black, change his pants to a more grey/white color, and have his shoes change from red to green.

Girl: make the white on her hat black, invert the colors of her shirt and jacket, make her jeans grey, have the white lace turn black, and turn the pink on her shoes and hat and bag changed to teal/aqua green.

Continuing off of Ice's point, they seem to hint at some deeper connection with Gen III.

I mean, of all the color schemes, they chose a red/blue eyes with white/black pupils on black/white scheme for Zekrom and Reshiram, respecitvely. In addition to this, they made Reshiram glow red and have a red attack for its signature (Though this could be written off due to fire) and Zekrom glows blue and has a blue attack. Then the fact that Black 2 has the two colors that match the eyes of the original mascot of that version, while looking like a gem, Black 2 having a more aquatic look to White 2's magma-y look.

Of course, anyone could see that, and this is all just speculation of similarites, buuut bored.

Another interesting fact is how Kyurem has YELLOW eyes to go with the other two which could be an allusion to Gen I and/or the Primary colors, but Gen I seems unlikely given the fact of Green in Japan.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1330243338' post='5841558']
So, the English names are already out. B/W version 2. Yea, that does sound odd...

Anyway, maybe this means we'll have the English release close to the Japanese....
[/quote]

Wait, B/W 2 or B/W [i]version [/i]2? Because version would suggest the games are more of remakes.

Archived