Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F*** NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY R/S REMAKES

...well anyway, I guess these will be ok if they're actually good and original and not just the same thing as the first two, like all the other third main series games. I hope the games make a significant chronological jump though. It would help the games feel different.

And I'd say gen 5 is my second favorite generation, next to gen 3.

[quote name='Order-Sol' timestamp='1330219357' post='5840914']
or just come straight out with it and call it "Pokemon money pit version"
[/quote]
Shard. Continuum Shift 2. Continuum Shift EX (to a lesser degree) Shut up.

Grey is a flavor preference, really

ITT: I give a f*** about the 'format'.

There are already at least 3 differentiated 'formats' for the name.

1. The "AddARandomDescriptionToTheName", i.e. HeartGold, SoulSilver, LeafGreen, FireRed.
2. The "ContinueTheSequence", i.e. D/P/Pl, R/S/E, G/S/C, R/Y/B
3. The "ColonsAreOnlyForSpinOffs", i.e. Poképark & Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond, Pokémon Ranger + Sequels, Mystery Dungeon + Sequels, blah blah blah.

Black and White 2 safely fall under the third category since it follows a similar pattern to Mystery Dungeon and Poképark.

Besides, would you call it "Grey" or "Gray"?

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1330219754' post='5840931']
ITT: I give a f*** about the 'format'.

There are already at least 3 differentiated 'formats' for the name.

1. The "AddARandomDescriptionToTheName", i.e. HeartGold, SoulSilver, LeafGreen, FireRed.
2. The "ContinueTheSequence", i.e. D/P/Pl, R/S/E, G/S/C, R/Y/B
3. The "ColonsAreOnlyForSpinOffs", i.e. Poképark & Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond, Pokémon Ranger + Sequels, Mystery Dungeon + Sequels, blah blah blah.

Black and White 2 safely fall under the third category since it follows a similar pattern to Mystery Dungeon and Poképark.

Besides, would you call it "Grey" or "Gray"?
[/quote]

Cool, go blow it out of proportion, why don't you?

That's the reason it's "weird". It's completely different from every other same-Generation "sequel".

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1330220448' post='5840971']
Cool, go blow it out of proportion, why don't you?

That's the reason it's "weird". It's completely different from every other same-Generation "sequel".
[/quote]

But pretty much every person who notes the difference in this thread has been complaining about it saying that it's lazy and unoriginal.

It's just different. Different's not weird, nor bad.

Loving this. Not only the prospects of the new games, but all of the ridiculousness people are spewing. And while I did want to see Magma Ruby/Aqua Sapphire, there's always going to be more games, so let's not get disappointed.

Also, for those of you saying that they're just remaking B/W...What would be the point of that? Seriously, think about it. Nintendo isn't stupid; they're not going to waste a bunch of time, money, and resources to give us something we already have. This is going to be something like G/S/C after R/G/B/Y.

[quote name='-Dharc-' timestamp='1330222054' post='5841082']
Also, for those of you saying that they're just remaking B/W...What would be the point of that? Seriously, think about it. Nintendo isn't stupid; they're not going to waste a bunch of time, money, and resources to give us something we already have. This is going to be something like G/S/C after R/G/B/Y.
[/quote]
Well, people do bitch about the 3rd game remake normally, so them calling it B/W 2.0 is only going to make more people do so. Personally the 3rd version is normally the better version so you should just wait to get that (I don't, love pokemon to much) plus it really isn't like they are telling you to go out and buy the first version when at this point we KNOW a 3rd one will come out in a year or two.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1330222180' post='5841090']
Also, FD, I didn't have any Fighting Pokémon at the time. I did catch myself a Sawk, later. (Playing White, I had to look in the shaking grass. I managed to get one with Sturdy, a good nature, and holding a Black Belt.)
[/quote]
Rolling perfect is nice. Also, how can you not have a fighting type? They are so good.

I had a hissy fit until I came to a couple of realizations.

Black 2/White 2 imply direct sequels, not pumped up remakes. Yay.

N and Ghetis were both said to be in a faraway region or some crap at the end, so I assume this takes place in another region.

If the last two are true, and this is supposed to be Neo Gen 1, we may be seeing Neo Gold and Silver. So we may have 2 regions this game.

There looks to be a sapphire in Black 2's logo and a ruby in White 2's logo (oh god please let this one be true).

Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='Order-Sol' timestamp='1330217073' post='5840816']
excuse me for liking to play on a high level.[/quote]

You have to use the cheapest team in all of Marvel vs Capcom 3's existence and yet you can't even do basic combos with them/get wrecked by my team of low-tiers.

So stop acting like you're hot s*** when it comes to video games. You aren't. Especially your precious fighters.

[quote name='Anixeraeth' timestamp='1330224145' post='5841186']
I think I'll just wait for R/S remakes...maybe I'll get B2/W2, dunno. I'll probably end up getting B2/W2 after I see reviews of the game (ie. about 5 months after the release date). Just don't make it horrible like B/W were.
[/quote]
How is B/W horrible. Don't say the pokemon designs or story.

[quote name='Stylish Alastor' timestamp='1330224301' post='5841192']
I had a hissy fit until I came to a couple of realizations.

Black 2/White 2 imply direct sequels, not pumped up remakes. Yay.

N and Ghetis were both said to be in a faraway region or some crap at the end, so I assume this takes place in another region.

If the last two are true, and this is supposed to be Neo Gen 1, we may be seeing Neo Gold and Silver. So we may have 2 regions this game.

There looks to be a sapphire in Black 2's logo and a ruby in White 2's logo (oh god please let this one be true).

Just my 2 cents.
[/quote]
Doesn't sound crazy, so yea, that is something.

Archived