Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

[quote name='Master Hyperion' timestamp='1351374220' post='6055159']
Currently doing the PWT, but this time I'm doing rental Pokemon Tournament. The Pokemon I can choose are Salamence, Seimsitoad, Bastiodon, Jynx, Hippowdon and Gardevoir.
The problem?
The Hippowdon is a shiny.
In other words, the game just cheated out a shiny Pokemon in my face.
[b]YES I'M MAD[/b]
[/quote]
Oh god, the irony in that is amazing xD
(I apologize, but it is)

Though, to be fair, the Shiny Pokemon are pure-random.
So I guess its rare that it ends up in an area that you can't catch it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And decided to restart. I wasn't happy with any of my Pokemon choices at all, and the ones I thought would do well kept fainting. Was getting to the point where I was stuck in a rut and had little motivation to continue, so now back to square one! This time I think I'll try Snivy. Maybe actually play through with a Stoutland like I wanted to once. :'3
[b]EDIT:[/b] ffffff it's been ~50 soft resets how hard is it to get a Lonely nature |:

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1351389385' post='6055293']
And decided to restart. I wasn't happy with any of my Pokemon choices at all, and the ones I thought would do well kept fainting. Was getting to the point where I was stuck in a rut and had little motivation to continue, so now back to square one! This time I think I'll try Snivy. Maybe actually play through with a Stoutland like I wanted to once. :'3
[b]EDIT:[/b] ffffff it's been ~50 soft resets how hard is it to get a Lonely nature |:
[/quote]
I think your going for the wrong nature their. Snivy wants Modest A LOT.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1351280080' post='6054396']
[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120822090938/avatar/images/3/35/Naga.png[/img]

Thats why.
[/quote]No it's not, this is:

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ss2946Of1qet2cu.gif[/img]

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1351395411' post='6055385']
Got to level 7 of White Tree....it get so tedious. Might just trade over Mewtwo and go on a murder spree.
[/quote]
Seems legit.

Speaking of which...
Since the trainers go from like 53 to 80, I probably get pretty far in said tower with my current team, before the higher guys beat me >__>
Regardless, I just need to find more EXP n' junk, since my team, at the moment, is all low 70s.

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1351435975' post='6055538']
Planning on running mainly a physical!Serperior.
[/quote]
Kind of figured based on the nature. lol. Personally, Giga Drain is too good to pass up. Same with Leaf Tornado. Plus Ser doesn't have much of a physical (or special) move pool so I'd go for the best moves he has.

Finally, freaking finally I am getting the hand of the PWT. My new Volcarona is totally a game-changer. And I finally managed to unlock and beat the Champions tournament :D. I want to face Red though, for a true challenge. Blue/Gary was not that bad, beating Alder was lucky, and Lance was dominated by my own Dragonite. So, final PWT winning team:

[b]Jolteon[/b]
Electric Gem

Thunder
Volt Switch
Thunder Wave
Shadow Ball

[b]Dragonite[/b]
Sitrus Berry

Outrage
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Thunder Punch

[b]Volcarona[/b]
Leftovers

Heat Wave
Quiver Dance
Psychic
Bug Buzz

[quote name='Light Υagami' timestamp='1351455433' post='6055840']
Finally, freaking finally I am getting the hand of the PWT. My new Volcarona is totally a game-changer. And I finally managed to unlock and beat the Champions tournament :D. I want to face Red though, for a true challenge. Blue/Gary was not that bad, beating Alder was lucky, and Lance was dominated by my own Dragonite. So, final PWT winning team:

[b]Jolteon[/b]
Electric Gem

Thunder
Volt Switch
Thunder Wave
Shadow Ball

[b]Dragonite[/b]
Sitrus Berry

Outrage
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Thunder Punch

[b]Volcarona[/b]
Leftovers

Heat Wave
Quiver Dance
Psychic
Bug Buzz
[/quote]
Thunderbolt is better then Thunder. No contest. Also, Jolt should have Life Orb imo.

Roost is also better than Psychic imo.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1351458061' post='6055872']
Thunderbolt is better then Thunder. No contest. Also, Jolt should have Life Orb imo.

Roost is also better than Psychic imo.
[/quote]

My only Life Orb goes to Lucario, he needs it more than my Thunderz. And I am debating on Thunder vs. thunderbolt, but I like thunder better IMO, even though it takes a toll on accuracy. And for Volcarona, Roost can be acceptable.

[quote name='Light Υagami' timestamp='1351460606' post='6055910']
My only Life Orb goes to Lucario, he needs it more than my Thunderz. And I am debating on Thunder vs. thunderbolt, but I like thunder better IMO, even though it takes a toll on accuracy. And for Volcarona, Roost can be acceptable.
[/quote]
Trust me when I say you want to extra acc. 70% is simply not reliable. Over 4 uses Bolt will do more damage you know that you'll never miss a critical attack.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1351466282' post='6055996']
Trust me when I say you want to extra acc. 70% is simply not reliable. Over 4 uses Bolt will do more damage you know that you'll never miss a critical attack.
[/quote]

I'll see for myself the differences in performance. Though I have to say, I have lost the PWT dude to my Thunderz missing with Thunder.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1351448302' post='6055735']
Kind of figured based on the nature. lol. Personally, Giga Drain is too good to pass up. Same with Leaf Tornado. Plus Ser doesn't have much of a physical (or special) move pool so I'd go for the best moves he has.
[/quote]

Leaf Blade, Aqua Tail and Coil. Plus a random fourth move. (Either Aerial Ace or Dragon Pulse, and yes I know the last one is a special move.)

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1351523731' post='6056393']
Leaf Blade, Aqua Tail and Coil. Plus a random fourth move. (Either Aerial Ace or Dragon Pulse, and yes I know the last one is a special move.)
[/quote]
IMO go Aerial Ace or Dragon Tail.

As for my set, I would do something like Calm Mind, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm/Hidden Power, Leech Seed.

[quote name='Comrade TentaSparkle' timestamp='1351559865' post='6056883']
I need a water Pokemon too, any suggestions?
[/quote]

If you have an Eevee (and even if you don't, backtracking to Castelia Park shouldn't be too difficult), Vaporeon's a nice choice. Other than that and Floatzel, however, all the good options - Starmie, Walrein and Lapras are just to name a few - don't come up until around the 7th gym.

[b]EDIT:[/b] Just for sake of discussion, what team did everyone beat the E4 with the first time around?

Archived