Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a new PWT download for teh japanese games, and it's based on the upcoming Unova League in the anime. The tourney features in-game representations of Trip, Stephan, Kotetsu and Virgil and has their teams. We won't know their teams until it goes live on December 3rd and it's the first to have an end date: January 31st.

This is the team I'm working on in my Black 2. I just need to get that Multiscale Dragonite from the Hidden Grotto, breed it, and then start training.

[list]
[*] Tachys / Ninjask / Calm / Speed Boost / 252HP - 4Def - 252Spd / Baton Pass - Protect - Substitute - Swords Dance / Leftovers
[*] Skeptomi / Espeon / Modest / Magic Bounce / 4HP - 252SpAtk - 252Spd / Baton Pass - Psyshock - Stored Power - Wish / Leftovers
[*] Siagon / Dragonite / Adamant / Multiscale / 252Atk - 4SpDef - 252Spd / Outrage - Superpower - Fire Punch - Roost / Lum Berry
[*] Pnevma / Gengar / Timid / Levitate / 4HP - 252SpAtk - 252Spd / Taunt - Shadow Ball - HP Fire - Giga Drain / Life Orb
[*] Asteri / Starmie / Timid / Natural Cure / 252SpAtk - 4SpDef - 252Spd / Rapid Spin - Ice Beam - Thunderbolt - Surf / Leftovers
[*] Kapaki / Breloom / Jolly / Technician / 4HP - 252Atk - 252Spd / Bullet Seed - Mach Punch - Substitute - Spore / Lum Berry
[/list]

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1353539139' post='6075150']
Breloom should also use Sub/Punch with Poison Heal + Toxic Orb. Like, that is the best set by a lot.
[/quote]

Not necessarily. Breloom has everything it needs to run an effective Bulk Up set, which helps make it a bulky killer.

Sub Punch is good, but saying it's the best set by far when that isn't true is kinda bad.

It also has SubSeed, which may not be AS good as the other two, is still VERY viable. It depends on what niche you want it to fit on your team and you can't outright say one set is the best.

Granted, Techloom isn't exactly a common choice. >>

Just like a Special Sweeper Deoxys-D.
Trying to set up on it with their Garchomps and stuff until it uses Ice Beam and easily takes their attack, if they survive through it. I'm not sure if I should have Leftovers or Life Orb, though. It's special attack is low enough that it should permit any given boost....
Though that's a weak Leftovers it has.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1353877769' post='6077843']
You think that's bad?
I have a Registeel that's [i]Somewhat of a clown[/i]
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/22/379Registeel.png[/img]
>Has no mouth
>Has no actual face
>Serious appearance
>wat
[/quote]

Maybe "clown" as in being a klutz? I never understood those descriptions under the Nature anyways. Anyone knows?

The descriptors underneath the nature on a Pokémon's information page started in Generation IV, and indicate which of the Pokémon's IVs is highest, and gives a rough estimate of the value.

[url='http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Characteristic']Bulbapedia[/url] gives more complete information about it and what each statement means.

[quote name='Wave_Sine' timestamp='1353890258' post='6078022']
The descriptors underneath the nature on a Pokémon's information page started in Generation IV, and indicate which of the Pokémon's IVs is highest, and gives a rough estimate of the value.

[url="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Characteristic"]Bulbapedia[/url] gives more complete information about it and what each statement means.
[/quote]
I've always wondered how it picks what to show when a pokemon's highest IV is in 2 or more stats.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1353902221' post='6078153']
I've always wondered how it picks what to show when a pokemon's highest IV is in 2 or more stats.
[/quote]It bases it off of the Pokemon's PID, which also determines its IV spread, shininess, nature, etc.

[quote name='Neph' timestamp='1353872374' post='6077745']
> Likes to run
> No feet
> ok
[/quote]
It just hops around. Really fast.

Decided since I'm bored to start Black 2 now.
- Ditched Gigalith once I finally got to study it's stats...how is a +2SpAtk, -Spd really gonna help?
- Farming Shards: After 99 Super Repels - Red: 10/10, Blue: 6/36, Green: 5/0 and Yellow: 19/0...wish I could switch Yellow to Blue since I want 3 Dark Pulses (Lucario, Houndoom and Hydreigon (currently Deino)) and Icy Wind for Keldeo, I can afford Ice Punch for Lucario so I suppose it's not soo bad, but White 2 only has 5 Blue.
- Going to steal White 2's masterball to get B-Kyurem later in game.

I'm inheritantly lazy. Might steal Scizor from Black for it's False Swipe to get Cobalion, etc.

Prime Example: I took 4 Blue Shards from Pokemon White 2 then brought the other 12 I needed from Black City on Black as Eliza was present. I did debate buying more for Superpower for Hydreigon but I prefer Accuracy/PP over Power.
(Ended up with 36 Blue, 31 Yellow, 17 Green and 11 Red). Black 2 can't really afford to shell out for Super Repels, but with Black training it easily provided the 3000 each for the Shards. (equivalant of 6 Super Repels)
Also: Using Black to train my Team up from Black 2, because the XP table annoys me. Team is 48-50, I'll probably go till 60 with 64 for Hydreigon, or just allow Zweilous to level in Black 2.

Hey Yin, does your Keldeo have Secret Sword?
That move is busted, considering what sort of stats he has, and the kinds of Pokemon it would destroy.

Anyway~
Floor 10 in the Black Tower drove me insane, so I hit Retire on it after the first floor-
EVERYONE KNOWS TOXIC + PROTECT/DETECT AND/OR THUNDER WAVE.
I'll go back to said tower later, since there are a few other things I need to goof around with first, before I attempt it again.

Had to redo Lucario because it's Phy than Spl. (So Ice Punch, Brick Break, EQ and dunno the last, may still give it Dark Pulse), may have to reconsider Hydreigon, but since it's stil Zweilous I don't know if it's 'species' will level up the Atk vs Spl stats.

Keldeo hasn't yet got Secret Sword, need to catch the other Musketeers which may take time. And I've only just got to Lentimas town.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1354210932' post='6081003']
Keldeo hasn't yet got Secret Sword, need to catch the other Musketeers which may take time. And I've only just got to Lentimas town.
[/quote]
You don't need the other Musketeers for Keldeo to learn Secret Sword in BW2, just take it to the Pledge Grove and Bob's your uncle. If you were doing it on BW however, then yeah you do need the Musketeers.

Archived