KORRA HAS ARRIVED!

Astro Dude

Yeah Bolin is definitely awesome and one of my favorite characters in the show.

Despite how popular he is with females,
*puts on sunglasses*
He's pretty down to Earth.

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!

Does anyone think at all that Amon might go through a face-heel change? He is very dark, but his actions give me the strangest vibe that what he is doing is very misguided. Looks like we will have to wait for season 2 when the world hates the viewers with massive plot twists with little to no foreshadowing.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1336936088' post='5938761']
1. It's Heel-face.
2. I don't think there IS going to be a Season 2.
[/quote]

There will be 26 episodes total for the series, broken into two seasons. I think that's right.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1336939069' post='5938798']
I just said that...
[/quote]

You didn't really make your post specific enough. It had a very broad range of what it could mean. I merely just zero'd in on what you probably meant. So anyways, Tahno deserved his fate in Episode 6.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1336939526' post='5938803']
Well it was pretty obvious given the context.
[/quote]

tbh, I read it as time skips between seasons :/

Still, I could see that in a situation, Amon would be forced to work with Korra. Also, I believe that after Aang died, two Avatars were reincarnated since he learned Energybending. This could be why Amon is the only person capable of removing one's bending powers (it also is heavily implied too).

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1336939794' post='5938811']
tbh, I read it as time skips between seasons :/

Still, I could see that in a situation, Amon would be forced to work with Korra. Also, I believe that after Aang died, two Avatars were reincarnated since he learned Energybending. This could be why Amon is the only person capable of removing one's bending powers (it also is heavily implied too).
[/quote]

That...doesn't make sense with the concept of reincarnation.

There is definitely more to Amon than his super generic backstory he provided for himself though.

[quote name='Vairocana' timestamp='1336943533' post='5938868']
That...doesn't make sense with the concept of reincarnation.

There is definitely more to Amon than his super generic backstory he provided for himself though.
[/quote]

I theorized that because:

1) Amon claims his power is from the spirits, which is a sign of divinity. He also made himself to be something like a Dark Messiah.
2) Tenzin stated that only the previous Avatar, his father, was the only one capable of taking away the bending of people.
3) If you remember from the second out of the four season-finale episodes of TLA, the Lion Turtle said that before the art of elemental bending, people were capable of Energybending until the descent of the first Avatar. After that, the Art of Energybending was thought to have been lost forever and replaced with the modern Elemental Bending Arts. That means that in the new ages, only one being at a time is capable of Energybending. It passed from the Lion-Turtle to Aang. From Aang's death, I believe that since Energybending needs to exist somewhere, it could have possibly went into Amon (Likely, the Lion-Turtle lost the ability to Energybend after passing it onto Aang).

Considering that Aang housed two different divine powers in the same body and had two different agendas (One for the duty of the world and balance, and one for his desires, which in his situation happens to be being a true Air Monk and follow all the rules), the spirits have probably deemed him to be two different divine beings in one (The Avatar and an Energybender) and split those two at the time of Aang's death.

It is incredibly ridiculous, but could it be a plausible theory? There is no other way Amon would be capable of permenantly taking away other people's bending. Advanced form of Chi-blocking is a theory I don't believe because then other Equalists would be able to take away bending powers.

I have a theory that's kind of similar to Koloktos's.

I frankly doubt that this is true, because it just isn't something they would do for a tv show like this, but anyways my theory is that when Azula killed Aang, Amon was born as the next avatar. But because Katara brought Aang back with the mystic water, Amon lost the elements side of being the avatar, since only one person could use the four elements at a time, but Amon retained the spiritual side. Korra was born once Aang died again, but she has none or hardly any of the spiritual side.

The second theory that I have that I actually think is true is that Amon is Bumi, Aang's nonbending son. It's pretty obvious for a number of reasons:

Amon fights like an airbender, if you look carefully.
Amon aka Bumi is angry that his people were wiped out by the Fire Nation. (Although he is not a bender, he is still related to the Air Nomads.)
Bumi inherited Aang's ability to energy bend.

[quote name='Montez' timestamp='1336948915' post='5938934']

I frankly doubt that this is true, because it just isn't something they would do for a tv show like this, but anyways my theory is that when Azula killed Aang, Amon was born as the next avatar. But because Katara brought Aang back with the mystic water, Amon lost the elements side of being the avatar, since only one person could use the four elements at a time, but Amon retained the spiritual side. Korra was born once Aang died again, but she has none or hardly any of the spiritual side.

The theory that I actually think is true is that Amon is Bumi, Aang's nonbending son. It's pretty obvious for a number of reasons:

Amon fights like an airbender, if you look carefully.
Amon aka Bumi is angry that his people were wiped out by the Fire Nation. (Although he is not a bender, he is still related to the Air Nomads.)
Bumi inherited Aang's ability to energy bend.
[/quote]

The theory is nice, but there are a few holes in it:

1) According to Roku, when an Avatar dies during the Avatar State, the line of past Avatars and future Avatars are broken, meaning that the Avatar would be unable to reincarnate. With this information, it would have been impossible for Amon to have gained the powers of the Avatar considering that the Avatar line would have been annhilated when Azula shot Aang in the Avatar State.

2) If Bumi would be Amon, he would not only need to be the same age as Korra (If Amon is somehow related to the Avatar cycle), but he would solely be targeting Firebenders. Bumi, being the middle child, would not be able to be the other half of the Avatar because Aang was about his mid-late 20s when Bumi was born. Since Amon is indiscriminate about destroying bending powers, then he is just angry at bending in general. He does, however, have a biased agenda when destroying bending powers, such as removing the bending powers of 3 Triad gang members and the Wolfbat Team, who cheated their way to victory.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1336950740' post='5938956']
The theory is nice, but there are a few holes in it:

1) According to Roku, when an Avatar dies during the Avatar State, the line of past Avatars and future Avatars are broken, meaning that the Avatar would be unable to reincarnate. With this information, it would have been impossible for Amon to have gained the powers of the Avatar considering that the Avatar line would have been annhilated when Azula shot Aang in the Avatar State.

2) If Bumi would be Amon, he would not only need to be the same age as Korra (If Amon is somehow related to the Avatar cycle), but he would solely be targeting Firebenders. Bumi, being the middle child, would not be able to be the other half of the Avatar because Aang was about his mid-late 20s when Bumi was born. Since Amon is indiscriminate about destroying bending powers, then he is just angry at bending in general. He does, however, have a biased agenda when destroying bending powers, such as removing the bending powers of 3 Triad gang members and the Wolfbat Team, who cheated their way to victory.
[/quote]

I think you misunderstood. I didn't mean to combine my two theories. Bumi is not the Avatar. It is two separate theories. As for him wanting to get rid of all the benders, it would require more of his backstory be explained, but the reason for him to hate benders is there through that connection with the Air Nomads.

As for your first complaint, I have one thing I can say in response:
First: He technically may not have been completely in the Avatar state when he died, just in the process of going into it, meaning the Avatar line is not dead. This would make sense for a number of reasons: first, just because Aang was brought back to life, that doesn't mean the Avatar line should be brought back as well, yet it obviously was. Second, he was shot while rising up, rather than actually in control and kicking ass, so that could mean he was in the process of getting into the Avatar state and not totally in it. So, there is some evidence that the line was not ended in the first place.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1336951428' post='5938965']
I think Amon might be that guy with the sideburns that was in the most recent memory scene, or at least be related to him in some way.
[/quote]

That's certainly a possibility. I don't think it'll be him, but then again, we know next to nothing about him.

Disorganized stream of thoughts incoming:

I think the main implication of the memory flashes is that the threat from 42 years ago referenced in ep 4, the man named Yakone, forced Aang to use the Avatar State and likely resort to Energybending.

I cant picture Amon being ~70 years old, but I can see him being 40~50.

I dont think Amon is related to Aang by blood. Energybending isnt passed down by birth like the 4 bending arts; everyone has the potential to, if taught.

Which is why i think Amon witnessed Aang using the power and later came to possess it. I think my point is Amon wasnt born special, no special parents, no special powers.

Although, hmm Energybending has the no-intent-to-kill quality with it, Aang was able to unlock the power because he was intent on not killing Ozai. What if Amon is acting with hatred but not intent on mass bender murder? Hmmm...

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1336924816' post='5938618']
Sato is sponsoring the Fire Ferrets, but he mentioned someone who helped him get his business started.[/quote]

Ah, in which case, I can buy into your theory easily.
[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1336924816' post='5938618']
[url="http://diylol.com/meme-generator/perfect-man-bolin/memes"]Bolin is my[/url] [url="http://blondescrewball.tumblr.com/post/22088391990/bad-luck-bolin-made-by-blondescrewball-tumblr-com"]favorite character.[/url]
[/quote]

I have to agree.

[quote name='Montez' timestamp='1336948915' post='5938934']

I frankly doubt that this is true, because it just isn't something they would do for a tv show like this, but anyways my theory is that when Azula killed Aang, Amon was born as the next avatar. But because Katara brought Aang back with the mystic water, Amon lost the elements side of being the avatar, since only one person could use the four elements at a time, but Amon retained the spiritual side. Korra was born once Aang died again, but she has none or hardly any of the spiritual side.[/quote]
That's actually an unusually popular fan theory on the interbutts.

Another theory was that Aang wasn't actually dead, but the whole "energy bending" also allowed him to give his bending away. While in the South Pole he gave Korra (a non-bender) the ability to water, earth, and fire bend. He told her she was the avatar and she, being a dumb pot bellied little girl believed him. That's why Korra is so not-spiritual and can't even remotely airbend.

As for Aang? He faked his own death, [url="http://i.imgur.com/7mKjI.jpg"]put on a mask and formed the Equalists[/url]

Edit: Should be noted that the above picture is a fake.

http://billrinaldi.tumblr.com/post/22697487496/are-you-guys-doing-anything-to-investigate-who-is

"The picture of an old airbender as Amon is a complete fake." - Bill Rinaldi, Martial Arts coordinator and voice actor of that big doorman who stopped Korra and Mako at the Equalist thing in Chapter 3.

The internet?

I dunno, someone made it or it's a leak or something and then they posted it on the internet. It was like... really really popular about two or three weeks ago.

Interesting to note: You never see the top portion of Amon's hands. He... could be hiding airbender tattoos.

ALSO: Lin + Tenzin! <3

Archived