KORRA HAS ARRIVED!

Astro Dude

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337582003' post='5943770']
Granted you'd need a full moon, but if a bloodbender knew enough about the human body that person could easily manipulate the fluids (not just blood) to easily crush someone's insides.
[/quote]

It's true. Like Waterbending, a Bloodbender can freeze or boil the inside too. I wonder if Korra is going to be desperate to learn Bloodbending from Katara in one episode. They need to bring back bloodbending.

Also, I hear theories that if a person's Waterbending is powerful enough, they can bloodbend without the use of a full moon.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason bloodbending is so complex and needs the power of the full moon is because you have to manipulate the blood within the person's body to control them, without actually damaging them. Considering how complex our bodies are, that's a pretty impressive feat. It would take next to no effort for a waterbender to simply draw out the blood/water from a person's body though.

Really, firebending is actually the weakest of the elements. Waterbenders can deplete your blood. Airbenders can burst your lungs/probably the oxygen your bloodcells are carrying. Earthbending is a little iffy, but theorhetically I don't see why a metal bender wouldn't be able to use the iron in your body to make some serious ouchy-booboo time on you.

In all seriousness, Earthbending is probably the weakest. Firebending is fierce and deadly, but Waterbending can be incredibly dangerous. They can easily manipulate any forms of liquid and pretty much have complete control over your environment.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337582003' post='5943770']
Granted you'd need a full moon, but if a bloodbender knew enough about the human body that person could easily manipulate the fluids (not just blood) to easily crush someone's insides.
[/quote]
I don't think that's ever been confirmed. Bloodbending is likely very restrained in uses for a number of reasons.

As for it returning, I see Tarlok or whatever as a likely bloodbender, just a hunch.

It doesn't have to be confirmed, it's obvious. The human body is made up of 70% water, so you could do anything from making them do a jig to boiling/freezing the water inside a person. The name is misleading, it's not restricted to just blood.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1337713247' post='5944975']
In all seriousness, Earthbending is probably the weakest. Firebending is fierce and deadly, but Waterbending can be incredibly dangerous. They can easily manipulate any forms of liquid and pretty much have complete control over your environment.
[/quote]
I actually think Earthbending is really strong. You can attack the groud people are standing on making it hard to fight and you can create very hard to break though walls since no other bending can really get through solid rock. Plus it is very easy to crush people with the earth or just break bones.

Also, while waterbenders have the bulk of the planet as a resource most of the action doesn't happen on the water.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1337732310' post='5945151']
Ok, so here is the discussion:
1) Bending in general is just hax
2) Amon is the admin who removes the hax
3) The Equalists are the mods who dispatch the hax
Does that make Republic City an MMO version of YCM?
[/quote]

No it doesn't, because Amon actually does his job.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337716415' post='5945011']
It doesn't have to be confirmed, it's obvious. The human body is made up of 70% water, so you could do anything from making them do a jig to boiling/freezing the water inside a person. The name is misleading, it's not restricted to just blood.
[/quote]
The water is roughly 70% of the blood, but that discounts the rest of the human with which blood is connected. Were this boiling/freezing a possibility Katara or that old woman would've likely attempted it. You can say censors prevented them, and while that might be true the creators probably decided to not make blooddending an instant kill method. It's stretching how bending is applied, but limiting bloodbending to a fullmoon is already doing that and it makes sense to do as such.

Censors [i]did[/i] prevent it. If it were a more mature show, you can bet stuff like that would probably happen.

Take Isaac McDougal in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, for example.

Even if the creators wouldn't want Bloodbending to be an instakill method, it would be one regardless. You can't let someone control a person's fluids without having the possiblity for stuff like that.

[quote name='~Coolio~' timestamp='1337996126' post='5947069']
The water is roughly 70% of the blood, but that discounts the rest of the human with which blood is connected. Were this boiling/freezing a possibility Katara or that old woman would've likely attempted it. You can say censors prevented them, and while that might be true the creators probably decided to not make blooddending an instant kill method. It's stretching how bending is applied, but limiting bloodbending to a fullmoon is already doing that and it makes sense to do as such.
[/quote]

Bloodbending refers specifically to using the blood within someone's body to manipulate their movements. That's the reason it takes the full moon to do. Manipulating the body without killing or damaging the person is going to take a lot. On the other hand, it would take almost no effort to simply remove the blood from the body, ala what the bloodbender did to the flowers.

Bloodbending was the closest they could get to showing waterbending's true potential on a children's program.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337998779' post='5947082']
Censors [i]did[/i] prevent it. If it were a more mature show, you can bet stuff like that would probably happen.

Take Isaac McDougal in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, for example.

Even if the creators wouldn't want Bloodbending to be an instakill method, it would be one regardless. You can't let someone control a person's fluids without having the possiblity for stuff like that.
[/quote]
The thing is that even with censors present they still likely would've mentioned the fact. She would've made a cryptic remark about freezing their blood or something before Katara stopped her - censored shows make mention to gruesome concepts to address their possibility then never follow through with them all the time. The closest they came to it during the whole preparation for bloodbending was the extraction of the water from the flowers, but they were brought out in a flowing motion as a small flower has less of a hold on its water than a human does on its blood, which can't be extracted in such a graceful manner.

The difference between a bender and an alchemist is that alchemy centers around the transformation of a substance while with bending that is a part, and not a required part of what's considered such.

Except you can limit how the fluid is able to be controlled - they already did as such by limiting its usage to a full moon. Simply put, the process of bending a living being has room for differences in how it functions. Each form of bending already has instantkill/win methods regardless, and bloodbending already demonstrated so in the show by taking total control over an individual's movements - it just never demonstrated the qualities needed to instantly kill somebody by extraction or freezing.

Archived