KORRA HAS ARRIVED!

Astro Dude

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1337475410' post='5942940']
Yup.
He was the first besides Toph, and now Chief Bei Fong was the second.

He used it in the final episode, sense Ozai trying to hit him from behind, then trapped his arms in earth, I believe.
[/quote]

Aang also used it when Sokka tried to sneak attack him.

Also, Bei Fong going Batman just to save her Metalbending Force is just amazing. Just name a character [i]who fights in the show[/i] that isn't a badass.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337485762' post='5943041']
Bolin's great, but I wouldn't really call him a badass.
[/quote]
While he isn't badass he has had badass moments. Like when he won his 1 vs 1 in the probending game.

But yea, he's this series Sokka, so a lot more laughs then badass moments.

Bolin does a better job at the externally happy personality, but he doesn't have to handle living a dual life.

I'll support the theory that all of the family members were killed by the same guy, if only because this is the third time we've had "death by Firebender" as a backstory. It could also bring things full circle with the original series if the firebender ends up being the main villain after Amon, possibly in a way of showing that the firebenders have a chance of being what they were like during Sozen's reign. Since Zuko is actually still alive, having the firebender kill Zuko would serve as him fulfilling that promise.

If Bolin is this series' Sokka, there will inevitably be a time when he has a badass moment in combat.
After all, that was the basis behind Sokka. He was the comic relief character who occasionally turned into a badass.

Only thing missing is that Bolin doesn't seem to be a genius.

Kinda glad the pro-bending arc is over though the story seem to be running faster than ever now. Hope it would end with a cliffhanger that would lead Korra to learn the spiritual side of the Avatar via waterbending since the next chapter is water. Anyway, is it me or do the bender seem weaker compare to those in Roku/Aang's era.

[quote]I thought Lin Bei Fong was Spiderman? [/quote]
[quote]-Bei Fon vowing to take the law into her own hands and becoming THE GODDAMN BATMAN[/quote]
Lin is also Wolverine. She had retractable blades in her armor.

A lot of people (or certain people!?) have noticed that Amon moves like an airbender. That is to say, his movements are similar to the Ba Gua style of martial arts. Constant circular movements and dodging his opponents. Seems... rather interesting.

Not to say he is an airbender, but he easily could have studied from one. Like how Iroh invented lightning re-direction from studying waterbenders.

Speaking of airbenders, I wonder if we get to see Tenzin's kids earn their tattoos soon. And if they do get up to that level, would Pema allow it?

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1337526395' post='5943271']

A lot of people (or certain people!?) have noticed that Amon moves like an airbender. That is to say, his movements are similar to the Ba Gua style of martial arts. Constant circular movements and dodging his opponents. Seems... rather interesting.

Not to say he is an airbender, but he easily could have studied from one. Like how Iroh invented lightning re-direction from studying waterbenders.

Speaking of airbenders, I wonder if we get to see Tenzin's kids earn their tattoos soon. And if they do get up to that level, would Pema allow it?
[/quote]

I think Pema will allow it because of Air Nomad Tradition. I think his children will also be able to become Airbending masters by the end of the series. After all, Jinora, Ikki and Meelo are very adept at Airbending for their ages.

Also, the reason the benders seem weaker than the non-benders is because the non-benders have highly developed a sense of genre-savviness. Examples include the Platinum Mechas which generate electricity to stop Metalbenders (not even the best of Metalbenders are able to bend pure Platinum. It is very pricy though. Plus, Metal conducts Electricity well) and the equalists keeping most of their plans on low-profile unless if it is a trap.

I guess this is why we are actually afraid of the Equalists in the series, because they are Genre-Savvy compared to most other villains. Also, does Amon's debending act like a complete mindscrew to his victim? I was kind of disappointed on how anti-climatic his debending ability was.

I guess this is why we are actually afraid of the Equalists in the series, because they are Genre-Savvy compared to most other villains. Also, does Amon's debending act like a complete mindscrew to his victim? I was kind of disappointed on how anti-climatic his debending ability was.

Wait, are the two seasons going to be twenty episodes each or ten?

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337543675' post='5943433']
Also, let's agree that Lin is better than Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk put together[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][color=#000000][size=6].[/size][/color][/font]
[/quote]
Never.

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1337526395' post='5943271']
[/quote]

Protoss Zealot.

And they weren't retractable blades, she metal bent her gauntlets into points. Which is completely badass.

I'm always really impressed at how logical this show is about its rules. Things like having a pure metal so metal benders can't bend it, conducting electricity, etc. Even in the first series, they brought up waterbending liquids inside of plants or your own sweat, and bloodbending (the next logical step, of course, is to simply pull out the blood of your enemies to impale more of your enemies, but unfortunately this is a kid's show).

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1337566359' post='5943663']
Correction; Lin is the Punisher
[/quote]
Let's just agree that she's [url="http://www.comicvine.com/death-of-the-endless/29-7280/"]Death of The Endless[/url] from the DC universe.

Somehow I can see that the first season would end with Amon successfully conquer the Republic city.

Archived