KORRA HAS ARRIVED!

Astro Dude

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see Korra trying to convice Katara to teach her bloodbending when Amon attacks her in a much more personal method (Like he hasn't done so already. Chapter 4, he was her nightmare fuel). Then, Katara would have that look of quiet fear that was hidden away long ago and tries convince Korra that Bloodbending is not the way to win anything. However, Korra would feel that it is the only way, given Amon's amazing ability against standard forms of bending. I feel that it is going to be a high chance that Korra might use Bloodbending against Amon (Amon is already nightmare fuel to her, Korra is pretty adamant with her choices, and despite Firebending being more or less her default, she is a Waterbender first. Also, Amon moves much too quickly for most forms of bending to even touch him. Bloodbending would always hit him no matter how quickly he is able to dodge). It would make a good re-introduction to the insanely awesome yet insane art of Bloodbending for LoK.

If the Avatar card game is canon (pro-tip, it's not) then there's plenty to suggest water benders can bend bodily fluids without the need for a full moon:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101011003146/avatar/images/7/77/Kinto_-_churning_stomachs.jpg

In any case, it's a children's show first and foremost so I doubt we'd ever see anything supremely violent. I assume you need a full moon in order to bend blood and make a person do what you want. However, I doubt you need a full moon to rip the blood out of people's skin or something, which they wouldn't show on Nickelodeon.

I'd rather see Korra learn Metalbending and Lightningbending (perhaps Lightning Redirection) before seeing her bloodbend. Also the Avatar State, strictly because I wanna hear a jazzy 1920's remix of the Avatar State theme.

I still think that if anybody is going to bloodbend it's going to be Tarlok. He's manipulative and underhanded, so it'd be pretty fitting, and he's an "evil" waterbender to top it all off for a technique that gives off sinister vibes. He might arrange to meet the avatar under the full moon or something to that extent.

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1338175337' post='5948010']
If the Avatar card game is canon (pro-tip, it's not)
[/quote]
Well there ya' go.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1338191359' post='5948147']
Speaking of canon stuff, have you guys checked out the Last Airbender comics, specifially the The Promise since it is made to be a prequel to this?
[/quote]

I have the first volume. The second one isn't out yet. It's pretty neat, and brought up something that I had completely not considered before-- the Fire Nation had colonies within the Earth Kingdom since near the beginning of the war. That's 100 years of living in an area. Naturally, many of the Fire Nation people there were kind of reluctant to be replanted back within the Fire Nation. Which is, of course, the basis of how Republic City is founded. It also brought up Toph opening up a metalbending school.

As for the whole bloodbending/Korra thing, I could see Tarloc mentioning the technique to her accidentally-but-totally-on-purpose. I agree, he's a shady dude. If he's not a bloodbender, he certainly doesn't have Korra or RC's best interests at heart.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1338191359' post='5948147']
Speaking of canon stuff, have you guys checked out the Last Airbender comics, specifially the The Promise since it is made to be a prequel to this?
[/quote]
I've heard of it but it's kinda hard to find... Also, the firebenders play the villain role so if it was the prequel to TLOK then the firebenders might be the same firebender who kills Amon's parents.

[quote name='Phantom Stranger' timestamp='1338263456' post='5948648']
I've heard of it but it's kinda hard to find... Also, the firebenders play the villain role so if it was the prequel to TLOK then the firebenders might be the same firebender who kills Amon's parents.
[/quote]
Well, from what I can tell they prequel is back during Aang's time so unlikely.

Also it comes out with the 2nd volume in like a day so try to pick it up in a local book store or something.

[quote name='~Coolio~' timestamp='1338566435' post='5950351']
From what I saw on the Wiki it looks like Zuko starts to go evil after becoming firelord and another war starts to begin.
[/quote]

Until the Gaang snaps him out of being evil. I forgot how this happened, but I think Katara played the major role in getting him back.

[quote name='~Coolio~' timestamp='1338566435' post='5950351']
From what I saw on the Wiki it looks like Zuko starts to go evil after becoming firelord and another war starts to begin.
[/quote]
He doesn't really go evil. What he is doing does make sense and brings up an ethical question.

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1338566702' post='5950354']
That sounds stupid.
I don't buy it for a second.
[/quote]
He is. After the war he agrees to remove the fire nation colonies from the earth kingdom since it acts as a constant reminder of what had happened. Over time though he meets people that had been in the colonies since the war first began and he sees those people as having set roots in those places and no longer wants to force them out. All the while he slowly losses it to the pressure of being fire lord and at the end of the first issue of the comic is shown talking to his farther.

That is all I know since I haven't read the second issue yet. But seriously, you should just go out and pick them up since they are good reads and all that good stuff about supporting things you like.

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1338573170' post='5950394']
Now that you explain it a bit more, it's more believable.
But certainly you can understand that I'd be skeptical about someone just saying "Zuko turned evil and started a war"
[/quote]
But of course.

Again, read the comic and you'll see that it does work.

Evil is hardly the right word. He and Aang remain friends throughout. You just have to remember that his loyalty and responsibility are to the people of the Fire Nation first, his friendship to Aang second. They have differing views on an issue, and even Aang could appreciate where Zuko was coming from, after Zuko explained himself.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1338174205' post='5948000']
I wouldn't really say Korra's a Waterbender first, even if she is a water tribe girl. Outside of her pro bending matches she Firebends most of time.

Aside from that, yeah, I can see her trying to learn Bloodending.
[/quote]
Don't know how I missed this. Yea, she is does a lot more Firebending, but I think that is mostly because she doesn't have access to water most of the time.

And this episode has bloodbending. Now I just want to see more of the flash back stuff.

Darn it, FD, you beat me to it.

But yeah, bloodbending without a full moon. Totally backs up how powerful some of us have said it could be before now that we know it can be done without that limiation.

Also, I found this to be very humorous:
[img]http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30700000/best-Antagonist-ever-AMON-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-30752065-472-470.jpg[/img]

COOLIO YOU WIZARD.

Fire/Earthbending is a better match to her personality, both styles are much more aggresive and direct than Waterbending, probably another reason she prefers them. (note how she didn't use water at all against Tarloc)

Meelo is amazing.

Archived