KORRA HAS ARRIVED!

Astro Dude

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The more I see Korra and Bolin interact, the less I want them to end up together. The problem is that Bolin is way too sweet. He's the nice guy trope. If he ends up with Korra, it just perpetuates the whole "nice guy" mentality that leads to all the bullshit about friendzones and how somehow treating a woman nice means they're obligated to sleep with you. And if he ends up alone, it just perpetuates the "nice guys finish last" myth. What needs to happen is for another female to enter and for those two to pair up.

Or have him pair up with Amon. Because I'm totally shipping Bomon. Bomon 2012.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1336621105' post='5936122']
I think she's secretly evil. Not just because she's based off of Lust from FMA.

Mako is like Zuko without the angst.

Am I the only one who started laughing when Bolin started crying? It was so overexxagerated I loved it.
[/quote]
It was an anime cry, so that is normal.

Hell, when I saw the Kanji on the clock I just thought, "ok, you can call this an anime."

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1336621674' post='5936128']
It was an anime cry, so that is normal.

Hell, when I saw the Kanji on the clock I just thought, "ok, you can call this an anime."
[/quote]

ATLA and LoK have consistently used accurate Chinese in the show. In fact, Mike and Bryan have a paid phd in caligraphy working for them, making sure that not only is the writing authentic for the situation, but that it is even charactarized by the type of character who might have written it (ie, it it is a wanted poster of Aang, was it done by a scholar, or a clerk who was rushed and didn't have a lot of time? In the later, they would have made the writting sloppier, etc).

One of the reasons this show is so great is because Mike and Bryan aren't just exploiting Asian culture for a setting, they genuinely have a deep love and appreciation of it, and it definitely shows in their work.

Back to the shipping wars, I thought this post was a pretty interesting read on Asami.
http://superkianagalaxy.tumblr.com/post/22245352216/atla-annotated-asami-sato-a-theory-a

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1336621105' post='5936122']Am I the only one who started laughing when Bolin started crying? It was so overexxagerated I loved it.[/quote]

I was just thinking of scenes like [url=http://www.tumblr.com/reblog/16154700380/eUs1cQRZ?redirect_to=%2Ftagged%2Ffuruichi%3Fbefore%3D1327273683]this[/url].

Another possibility for Asami being evil is that her father mentions a benefactor, but I don't think they say who it was. I'm guessing that it was Amon.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1336702593' post='5936730']
I was just thinking of scenes like [url="http://www.tumblr.com/reblog/16154700380/eUs1cQRZ?redirect_to=%2Ftagged%2Ffuruichi%3Fbefore%3D1327273683"]this[/url].

Another possibility for Asami being evil is that her father mentions a benefactor, but I don't think they say who it was. I'm guessing that it was Amon.
[/quote]

They did, he was the guy who sponsored the Fire Ferrets.

Just the fact that Asami comes from money makes her suspicious, imo. We're not used to good guys that have loads of cash. I wouldn't be surprised if her father had some sort of backroom dealings with Amon, either currently or in the past/Amon is blackmailing him somehow.

Well, all avatars are reincarnations of the previous, so I assume she's merely seeing some sort of ancestral memories, like in Assassin's Creed.

And Aang was so awesome, Korra's Avatar State will be so much more powerful since it takes into account all power of the previous Avatars.

I think her weak spirituality is rather genius. It allows them to avoid both Aang outright telling her what she needs to know, and her using the Avatar State at all.

This week's episode was great. I just had the hugest grin on my face during the last 10 minutes.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1336703712' post='5936762']
They did, he was the guy who sponsored the Fire Ferrets.
[/quote]

Sato is sponsoring the Fire Ferrets, but he mentioned someone who helped him get his business started.

[quote name='~Coolio~' timestamp='1336836908' post='5937984']
Cabbage Corp.
[/quote]

That made me laugh.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1336869438' post='5938234']
Well, all avatars are reincarnations of the previous, so I assume she's merely seeing some sort of ancestral memories, like in Assassin's Creed.
[/quote]

Except not stupid, nonsensical, and contrived.

[url=http://diylol.com/meme-generator/perfect-man-bolin/memes]Bolin is my[/url] [url=http://blondescrewball.tumblr.com/post/22088391990/bad-luck-bolin-made-by-blondescrewball-tumblr-com]favorite character.[/url]

Archived