KORRA HAS ARRIVED!

Astro Dude

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1337008806' post='5939073']
That's actually an unusually popular fan theory on the interbutts.

Another theory was that Aang wasn't actually dead, but the whole "energy bending" also allowed him to give his bending away. While in the South Pole he gave Korra (a non-bender) the ability to water, earth, and fire bend. He told her she was the avatar and she, being a dumb pot bellied little girl believed him. That's why Korra is so not-spiritual and can't even remotely airbend.

[/quote]

That would actually be crazy interesting if Korra turned out to be a false Avatar (and with what we know of energybending, I think it would be plausible for him to give her fire and earth bending). It would also explain how she could bend multiple elements at a young age, where Aang could not.

It probably isn't true though, and I don't know how I'd feel about finding out that the main character I've been following isn't...well, the "main character".

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1337009608' post='5939079']
The internet?

I dunno, someone made it or it's a leak or something and then they posted it on the internet. It was like... really really popular about two or three weeks ago.

Interesting to note: You never see the top portion of Amon's hands. He... could be hiding airbender tattoos.

ALSO: Lin + Tenzin! <3
[/quote]

I could buy him being related to the airbenders in some form. That could be really cool.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337010679' post='5939085']
Heh, saw a funny comment.

"Amon is Batman, you fool. His parents were killed."

Besides, with Korra [i]existing[/i], Aang can't still be alive.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Mako is batman >(

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1337443809' post='5942556']
I know. How could that guy stay alive after 100 years?

And I'm glad Asami's not evil too.
[/quote]
Odds are it was his son. The original cabbage man was already up there in age.

But her family was so, close enough. The "these people, these benders" line explains the motivation of the whole equalists. Got to love blaming a group for the actions of a few.

• The fake old Aang picture looks like it was manipulated using Tenzin as a basis.
• [i]Everyone[/i] is Batman.
• Tenzin has so far had more screentime with Lin than with his own wife.
• Loved the "NOT MY CABBAGE CORP" line. The creators love to play with what the fans enjoyed.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1337458987' post='5942714']
• Tenzi has so far had more screentime with Lin than with his own wife.
[/quote]

He's also spent more screentime with his derpy son, so what? She's just not important.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337467813' post='5942829']
The second he offered her the glove I knew what was going to happen.

Also, random idea, what if the Firebender that killed Hiroshi's wife was the same one who killed Amon's family?
[/quote]

It could actually be more than plausible. The person who killed Amon's parents was a muggar and the person who killed Hiroshi's wife was raiding the mansion for riches.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337469621' post='5942856']
Also, he could also be the one who killed Mako and Bolin's parents.

Either the same guy commited all 3 cases or Firebenders are real d****.
[/quote]

It's more likely the same guy. He probably wanted to do so to upset the natural balance of the world. Maybe the guy was a sympathizer for the Hundred-Year War?

[quote name='HijackAttack' timestamp='1337459748' post='5942726']
Only Avatars can live that long.
[/quote]

Boomi was what, 112, 113? Katara is pretty ancient too.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337469621' post='5942856']
Also, he could also be the one who killed Mako and Bolin's parents.

Either the same guy commited all 3 cases or Firebenders are real d****.
[/quote]

OZAI GOT HIS FIREBENDING POWERS BACK AND HE'S JUST GOING AROUND BEING A HUGE DICK TO EVERYONE

Oh my god, I was flailing with excitement during so much of this episode. I just don't understand how this show keeps getting better.
Joyful moments:

-Cabbage corp
-Bei Fon using the Toph footstomp
-Bei Fon being a f***ing protoss zealot
-Watching Tenzin fight. We finally get to see what a master level airbender looks like. It's pretty sweet.
-Bei Fon vowing to take the law into her own hands and becoming THE GODDAMN BATMAN

Really, Bei Fon is becoming my favorite character quite quickly.

[quote name='Vairocana' timestamp='1337474191' post='5942917']
OZAI GOT HIS FIREBENDING POWERS BACK AND HE'S JUST GOING AROUND BEING A HUGE DICK TO EVERYONE
[/quote]

Oh god that made me laugh so hard.

Also, Katara's only in her late 80s (assuming she was in her teens before the 70 year time skip). It's nothing too special.

EVERYONE IS THE GODDAMN BATMAN. (And it's Beifong. Lin Beifong. *Bond music starts playing*)

I like Tenzin's air scooter thing, like a giant wheel surrounding him.

Archived