Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

You do realize that there are at least 6,000 or so cards in the real game right now; and will only continue to grow.

But yeah, you are asking for quite a lot for DP; and not too many people are supporting.

Would be nice, but if others aren't raising objections, then no sense in doing it.

---

A lot of the cards are essentially pointless for usage, like most random Vanillas from the oldest sets.

So yeah, no use wasting space for cards that no one will use.

---

That being said, we did ask for Pendulums to be added at some point.

If I recall, no one objected to it in the Poll.

Yeah, scratch the idea of having all the 6000 cards there.

IMO the only thing that needs to be added right now (except for fixing important bugs) is better display, which in turn brings in HD card images. (You guys ever seen the card images that are displayed in deck editor and on the right of the screen and everywhere else? Even when I upload a perfectly HD card, it gets messed up. Real bad. That's not fun. If I don't want card images I could just go on DN and proxy, but I do. And here they're pixelated and low quality, which will be fixed if he changes the display and adds support for better card images.)

If that gets implemented I'm gonna be happy and love DN forever and ever.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, scratch the idea of having all the 6000 cards there.

IMO the only thing that needs to be added right now (except for fixing important bugs) is better display, which in turn brings in HD card images. (You guys ever seen the card images that are displayed in deck editor and on the right of the screen and everywhere else? Even when I upload a perfectly HD card, it gets messed up. Real bad. That's not fun. If I don't want card images I could just go on DN and proxy, but I do. And here they're pixelated and low quality, which will be fixed if he changes the display and adds support for better card images.)

If that gets implemented I'm gonna be happy and love DN forever and ever.

You already love DN forever and ever. 

technically I think you meant DP but the sentence held true nonetheless. 

High resolution images would be nice, but that means storing far, far, far more data on the servers > which, with the current pace of card uploading - might be something the servers can't handle now, or won't be able to handle in the future. 

I'm was just thinking why it isn't so now, and that pretty much was my first clue. Obviously pixelated cards weren't a design choice.

I'm having the same problem as others before me with the "Disconnected from Server" right after clicking login, but I'm using opera so the posted Solution didn't help me. Any suggestions?

This is a bug. I've noticed the server does this after about 2-3 days of running. I'm at a loss for an explanation, but i've restarted it for now.

Duel Portal might need to reset every other day at some set time, until I can figure this out.

Our own 80-card set each month maybe

no

no

no

~flies away~

no.

worst thing this section, and / or that can happen to this forum / community is being overflooded with cards

80 cards a month for each person who would like to is crazy. insane. and a perfect assurance that no quality content would be posted among those 80 whatsoever.

no

no

no

~flies away~

no.

worst thing this section, and / or that can happen to this forum / community is being overflooded with cards

80 cards a month for each person who would like to is crazy. insane. and a perfect assurance that no quality content would be posted among those 80 whatsoever.

I think this could have been put a lot less aggressively and more respectfully, but regardless, I do take the point and I agree with it. To put it in perspective, we technically at 25 per month, with 15 archetype cards and 10 generics, as our monthly limit for the pooling. That being said, some of us are already uninterested in reaching that maximum, and are giving it to the people that go over that limit by a small amount, such as myself with Dreads as an archetype. If they all felt the need to get close to the 80 in order to compete with others who could, it would literally become an arms race of who could keep up with the quota, which isn't exactly what we are looking for. However, there is one thing that is brought up that does kinda inspire me:

The idea of some sort of pack or series for DP

I feel what Lecc maybe is trying to say is he and other members of DP do not know what DP has to offer them, what cards are considered staple among the many amounts, and it can be sort of overwhelming and you know, I really understand that from their point of view. I think this can be done with the cards among the Tournament Pool, and maybe organize it into some sort of pack (45 cards maybe) that would maybe introduce a few staples, Extra Deck slots, and maybe loose ended archetype cards that can spawn up other ideas. This sounds like a better idea the more and more I type it.

I think this could have been put a lot less aggressively and more respectfully, but regardless, I do take the point and I agree with it. To put it in perspective, we technically at 25 per month, with 15 archetype cards and 10 generics, as our monthly limit for the pooling. That being said, some of us are already uninterested in reaching that maximum, and are giving it to the people that go over that limit by a small amount, such as myself with Dreads as an archetype. If they all felt the need to get close to the 80 in order to compete with others who could, it would literally become an arms race of who could keep up with the quota, which isn't exactly what we are looking for. However, there is one thing that is brought up that does kinda inspire me:

The idea of some sort of pack or series for DP

I feel what Lecc maybe is trying to say is he and other members of DP do not know what DP has to offer them, what cards are considered staple among the many amounts, and it can be sort of overwhelming and you know, I really understand that from their point of view. I think this can be done with the cards among the Tournament Pool, and maybe organize it into some sort of pack (45 cards maybe) that would maybe introduce a few staples, Extra Deck slots, and maybe loose ended archetype cards that can spawn up other ideas. This sounds like a better idea the more and more I type it.

Yeah, thats the point or, and also a topic that i really wanna know and we sometime discuss

"Whats the meta-game of DP"

We can make our own meta and staples and on top of dat, making something we all want: our cards being used by someone else

Is like sayin "this is the gameplay we have, so this is our standard to make cards" and can regulate the flood of OP cards also makes our cards playeable and competitive in our own field

Also providing stapples that all ppl can know instead of putting them on a thread and let see if someone would see it

Also i wasnt reffering the "our own set" in a individual way, is more like "the forum" set, thats why i suggested the contest, to choose the best one and upload thems

Maybe we can even clasificate them by uses or something in the thread, like a tag for Destrution / Discard / Draw / Summon etc

From Sea himself. Can't wait!

I know the feel xD

Tho returning to the other plot, what i suggest is to make an official thread when we upload the Set/Serie of cards each month and would be a contest that all can participate, 15 Archtype cards and 10 stapples

The final set would be 60, when 45 are archtype cards and the other 15 would be the stapples (80 is too much i think, but thats the number of the OCG konami sets, but lets be honest, most or them are useless...)

Seattleite, do you have plans of porting Duel Portal to another platform than Silverlight? According to the Chromium blog, NPAPI will be completely deprecated somewhere during september. Silverlight is a plugin that (currently) needs it to function. Since Duel Portal uses Silverlight, it will most likely suffer from this. Some artifacts of this decision have already surfaced; NPAPI is now disabled by default. As a result we have to manually enable it. But that is just stalling the inevidable. So that is one browser less, and I have heard some rumours about Firefox trying to do the same; though this is the closest could find about it. I don't think that it will affect Internet Explorer much, considering both it and Silverlight are Microsoft products (and the fact it usually lags behind the other browsers).

It is possible that Microsoft alters Silverlight, so that it works without NPAPI. Should that happen, then there is no need to target a different platform. In any case, this might be something to keep in mind.

I am having a problem with the site. I attempt to go onto it, and it says that Silverlight needs to be installed to view it. The problem is that I have already installed Silverlight, and have been on the site before (username Umineko). I don't know how to fix this problem, as when I tried to click the link provided that prompted me to install Silverlight, it said that I already had a newer version of Silverlight installed.

I am having a problem with the site. I attempt to go onto it, and it says that Silverlight needs to be installed to view it. The problem is that I have already installed Silverlight, and have been on the site before (username Umineko). I don't know how to fix this problem, as when I tried to click the link provided that prompted me to install Silverlight, it said that I already had a newer version of Silverlight installed.

VCR CAT to the rescue once again: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/279701-duel-portal-duel-with-your-created-cards-support-thread-online/?p=6598356

This should really be on the OP, tbh. Not like word-for-word, but anyone using Google Chrome will need to know how to fix this problem.

Hey guys, was just wondering if there was a way to get on DP on an android or iphone, cause I downloaded silverlight, or atleast tried lol, and that didn't do anything. I use chrome on my phone. Just wondered if there is a way awesome if not that's ok there are many other things to worry about.

Android doesn't support silverlight. You can find compatible OS/browsers here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Silverlight#Supported_platforms

Seattleite, do you have plans of porting Duel Portal to another platform than Silverlight? According to the Chromium blog, NPAPI will be completely deprecated somewhere during september. Silverlight is a plugin that (currently) needs it to function. Since Duel Portal uses Silverlight, it will most likely suffer from this. Some artifacts of this decision have already surfaced; NPAPI is now disabled by default. As a result we have to manually enable it. But that is just stalling the inevidable. So that is one browser less, and I have heard some rumours about Firefox trying to do the same; though this is the closest could find about it. I don't think that it will affect Internet Explorer much, considering both it and Silverlight are Microsoft products (and the fact it usually lags behind the other browsers).

It is possible that Microsoft alters Silverlight, so that it works without NPAPI. Should that happen, then there is no need to target a different platform. In any case, this might be something to keep in mind.

Thanks for posting this, didn't know this was happening. Eh, I'll have to think about it, so no immediate plans to switch (but if I do, it'll probably be flash).

VCR CAT to the rescue once again: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/279701-duel-portal-duel-with-your-created-cards-support-thread-online/?p=6598356

This should really be on the OP, tbh. Not like word-for-word, but anyone using Google Chrome will need to know how to fix this problem.

I put it there a week ago, but now we know that's ineffective ;)

I got my account made and have been using it a fair amount. I think the problem stemmed from trying to sign up with multiple accounts on the same email address after the first account I made didn't work.

My first DP account I registered with hotmail, but that doesn't work so I registered the same DP account with my gmail. I am guessing that didn't work because it was 2 email addresses to 1 DP account. When I made a second DP account when I thought that might be the problem I registered with the same gmail account that I have registered to my first DP account. I am guessing that DP found this a problem, because it was only when I made a third DP account and registered it with a second gmail account (I have 2) that I was able to get a correct verification code and play on DP.

However, after having a play around and uploading a few cards that I made and quite a few KONAMI cards, I must say that I love it. It is far, far superior to DN. Being able to have your opponent's cards in your hand or even your Deck or Graveyard. Being able to move cards around by dragging them. These features definitely give a feel of playing with actual cards, rather than with digital ones. Plus, there are none of those annoying time-wasting animations like on DN.

I also love the card uploader. Thank you YugsterMajor for your suggestion to use the wiki to upload KONAMI cards, you are right it is extremely easy to do. One card I uploaded was Phonon Pulse Dragon and I found that it displayed as "Dragon/Tuner/Synchro/Effect" (I chose to add the "Effect" despite the fact that the most recent version leaves it out in order to be consistent with modern card making policy.) I then edited Phonon to have the Tuner subtype be the custom subtype, and sure enough it displayed as "Dragon/Synchro/Tuner/Effect" as it would on the actual card. I know this is a really minor thing, but I thought if there were any other passionate card uploaders who weren't aware of this, then they might like to see my solution for it.

On the subject of the banlist, Tour Guide From the Underworld is treated as Unlimited in the DP deck maker, but it is actually Limited. Also, it would be nice to be able to banish the top card of your deck face-down. Those are the only suggestions I can currently think of that haven't already been mentioned.

All in all, you have made an extremely fun game to play, seattleite. Thank you.

Until sea fixes the banlist, just don't put Super Poly in your Decks and/or whatever else should be on the April 2015 list.

If a card should have its max. number increased, just make a proxy version of it to get around the restriction until it's fixed.

There's also the notion of Pendulums, but I assume sea is figuring out how to implement them properly.

@Zazu: Yeah, that would be a good idea.

Archived