Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

Thanks, it seems to be working with gmail only.

Dueling portal seems to be missing a fair amount of real cards, so they didn't add all of the real cards before letting people make their own? So in this case, other players (like me) would have to fill in the empty spaces?

Also why are the cards so small? Or is it just the deck editor/maker, when their small?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was actually discussed a couple pages back. You can upload the real cards that you need. There is hardly any reason to upload all the cards when a large number of 'em aren't going to be used like ever. (Kattapillar anyone?)

Maybe so, for old cards. But damn I'm gonna have to add alot of cards, that are real now.

If possible can an admin or such switch cards to diffrent sets? if so can someone switch Galaxy soldier and Galaxy-eyes Cloudragon to KONOMI right now I accidentally used G.RM, when sorting them on Yugioh card Maker

----
So I'm getting error's when deleting or saveing as, decks.

[spoiler=Error]
[Arg_NullReferenceException]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_NullReferenceException

at DuelPortalCS.Views.DeckEditorNew.createdNewDeck(ResponseMessage e)
at DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3.<HandleEventRaising>b__2()

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Arg_NullReferenceException]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_NullReferenceException

at DuelPortalCS.Views.DeckEditorNew.SQLcli_deleteDeckAsyncCompleted(ResponseMessage e)
at DuelPortalCS.WCFServiceClient.<>c__DisplayClass3.<HandleEventRaising>b__2()

My first impressions of Duel Portal might not have been the best, but from what I'm seeing it has amazing potential and some great features.
Some of the major points that really should be looked at, are bugs, sadly this is really really buggy. For the first few days, I couldn't even
get onto the website to register because of constant disconnecting.

Here are a list of bugs I've found in my, day of testing.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Verification code doesn't send to yahoo.com

Disconnects (though it seems fine for now)

Deck saving and Deck deleting errors (decks aren't being saved)

Those are just bugs, again this is just my opinion but I believe that for this great website/program it needs a few new features.

First one is compatibility with chrome, many, many people use chrome, and not having it may be one of the reason for not
having so many people, on DP.

Second is with the cards themselves, The cards or Card Images are way too small, Dueling network is around the good size of
cards. Now I haven't played a match or watched one, so I don't know if it changes when playing but if they don't, the card sizes
definitely need to larger, not huge but larger, so you can enjoy the artwork and craftsmanship of their makers.

Third is adding a group of people that could help with sorting through the submitted cards. Now this would mean that the cards
created wouldn't be added instantly, but with an increase in population, the increase in spam and abuse. So having this group
would help with sorting cards EVO's and etc, as well as removing offensive cards, spam, etc.

forth is one that some of us have talked about, and that is adding all (or most of[or at least arch-types[) Because one of biggest
point in creating custom cards isn't about creating your own, deck but seeing how it would fair with and against other decks, that
exist. Now I do know about the time spent doing this would be massive, because I'm doing it right now using a program called
Vassel.

Anyway those are my suggestions

BTW if you need help with any of these I'm checking here everyday, I'm willing to start.

My first impressions of Duel Portal might not have been the best, but from what I'm seeing it has amazing potential and some great features. 

Some of the major points that really should be looked at, are bugs, sadly this is really really buggy. For the first few days, I couldn't even

get onto the website to register because of constant disconnecting. 

Here are a list of bugs I've found in my, day of testing.

Verification code doesn't send to yahoo.com

Disconnects (though it seems fine for now)

Deck saving and Deck deleting errors (decks aren't being saved)

Those are just bugs, again this is just my opinion but I believe that for this great website/program it needs a few new features.

First one is compatibility with chrome, many, many people use chrome, and not having it may be one of the reason for not

having so many people, on DP.

Second is with the cards themselves, The cards or Card Images are way too small, Dueling network is around the good size of

cards. Now I haven't played a match or watched one, so I don't know if it changes when playing but if they don't, the card sizes

definitely need to larger, not huge but larger, so you can enjoy the artwork and craftsmanship of their makers. 

Third is adding a group of people that could help with sorting through the submitted cards. Now this would mean that the cards

created wouldn't be added instantly, but with an increase in population, the increase in spam and abuse. So having this group 

would help with sorting cards EVO's and etc, as well as removing offensive cards, spam, etc.

forth is one that some of us have talked about, and that is adding all (or most of[or at least arch-types[) Because one of biggest

point in creating custom cards isn't about creating your own, deck but seeing how it would fair with and against other decks, that

exist. Now I do know about the time spent doing this would be massive, because I'm doing it right now using a program called 

Vassel.

Anyway those are my suggestions

BTW if you need help with any of these I'm checking here everyday, I'm willing to start.

Deck saving does work even if you get the error message. If you refresh the page and check back in your list of decks you will see that it has saved, despite the error.

I have noticed in quite a few instances, the emails go to the spam folder. For me, my yahoo email worked the first time, and i was able to retrieve the password from my spam folder, but after that, it seemed to refuse to send me emails through yahoo on any of my other yahoo emails.  

The disconnects are frequent, half of them seem to be server issues, the other half seem to be maintenance. But theres only 1 guy working on this and hes often fixing the errors the best he can.

1. Chrome issue has a fix (Read first post)

2. I agree, card images should be a bit larger. It's difficult to discern the artwork even at it's max size, which is what is displayed in the deck editor when you place cards into a deck.

3. Not really all that important right now. I'd say just the core functionality needs to be fleshed out before we start having people monitor what comes through the database.

4. Not important at all. Let the community add the real cards if they are inclined to do so.

nickredace, edit your first post next time instead of triple posting your problems with DP.

Merged and post count reduced accordingly.

And answering the question about EVO cards and Archetypes, EVO cards are designed with their own format in mind.

Provided you factor in the metagame to some extent (even if it's the previous one), you can class it with the rest of our stuff.

Remember, EVO cards are designed in a vacuum for lack of better words.

@Nickredace, thanks for your input. Lots of points to cover -

* You can edit public cards yourself

* Like inkredible said there is a fix for chrome

* Larger images are in the works

* Given that people can edit public cards this puts cleaning the card pool up to the community. Anyway, that's an interesting idea, we might have a system like that, in addition to, but not instead of, what we got right now.

* For the errors,

- We're going through a maintenance rough patch right now. Recently changed the server and trying to handle the growing load of people.

- The deck errors are being investigated.

- The emails are being taken care of (problem identified)

So I went to register for this thing (using Firefox) and I entered my email, which is a hotmail account. I don't know if there's a delay to it being received, but the verification code doesn't seem to be appearing in either my inbox or my spam box.

From what I've been hearing hotmail doesn't work, try gmail, and check the spam folder it worked for me.

Is it possible for a function of turning your deck upside-down? It would be nice of convulsion of nature was playable.

That would be a nice thing to have; although unless someone decides to make a card that does it.

Then again, not sure if we have a function to turn a single card face-up; if not, should have one also. 

As for the registration thing, use Gmail.

For some reason, Hotmail seems to block DP, and really don't know why. 

Can't say if AOL/Yahoo are any better, but just use Gmail. It's proven to work. 

So, without going through 135 pages in this thread and not seeing the answer elsewhere, if a TCG/OCG card doesn't exist, we're encouraged to add it to the KONAMI set?

Also, if I want input on an archetype that I want to put into DP (I posted it in Advanced/Multiples, and have put them in as Private cards, just not sure on the policies on making them public or not) can I post them in this subforum?

So, without going through 135 pages in this thread and not seeing the answer elsewhere, if a TCG/OCG card doesn't exist, we're encouraged to add it to the KONAMI set?

Also, if I want input on an archetype that I want to put into DP (I posted it in Advanced/Multiples, and have put them in as Private cards, just not sure on the policies on making them public or not) can I post them in this subforum?

You can make them public as you like. You just click the Public checkbox and click ok on the pop up that pulls up and then click "Commit Card Edit" or whatever confirms editing the cards. We cannot upload them ourselves because we would not be able to upload cards with the same name

You can make them public as you like. You just click the Public checkbox and click ok on the pop up that pulls up and then click "Commit Card Edit" or whatever confirms editing the cards. We cannot upload them ourselves because we would not be able to upload cards with the same name

Well, I meant looking for feedback/viability.  I haven't gotten any responses in Advanced/Multiples, and was looking for some.

I was looking at this DP Storyline people are trying to build, and I'm not sure it'd fit in that because the archetype is purposely omni-attribute though.  lol.

Well, I meant looking for feedback/viability.  I haven't gotten any responses in Advanced/Multiples, and was looking for some.

I was looking at this DP Storyline people are trying to build, and I'm not sure it'd fit in that because the archetype is purposely omni-attribute though.  lol.

You could PM Sakura to have them moved to this thread. I'm sure someone would review them on here :)

Also, Omni Attribute or not doesn't matter. Both me and Next Tuesday's archetypes we plan to submit are both omni attribute, and Tuesday already has a Deletor set and ready for his, though seeing how it is a Gryphon, I would recommend making it all WIND, particularly because of some of the synergy with WIND support that is much better on DP then TCG, (And also because we have Mist Valley Dragon) but I will take a look at what it has going for it

You could PM Sakura to have them moved to this thread. I'm sure someone would review them on here :)

Also, Omni Attribute or not doesn't matter. Both me and Next Tuesday's archetypes we plan to submit are both omni attribute, and Tuesday already has a Deletor set and ready for his, though seeing how it is a Gryphon, I would recommend making it all WIND, particularly because of some of the synergy with WIND support that is much better on DP then TCG, (And also because we have Mist Valley Dragon) but I will take a look at what it has going for it

Okay, I'll do that with PMing Sakura.  I'm new to this community, lol.

As for the attributes, I made them the way they are because I basically made them in a vaccuum, it's a self supporting deck including s/ts.  I might consider switching the main deck Gryphons to WIND and adjusting "Gryphon's Final Strike" but the different attributes are part of the charm of the extra deck monsters.

Okay, I'll do that with PMing Sakura.  I'm new to this community, lol.

As for the attributes, I made them the way they are because I basically made them in a vaccuum, it's a self supporting deck including s/ts.  I might consider switching the main deck Gryphons to WIND and adjusting "Gryphon's Final Strike" but the different attributes are part of the charm of the extra deck monsters.

It's nice to do that, but some flexible room, especially with a type such as Winged Beast where there are 3+ Type based staples (Icarus Attack, Swallows Nest, Zerofyne) it kinda says you have to with other stuff really. But yeah, welcome aboard the DP community I suppose

Archived