Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The server sometimes is unavailable, but Sea manually restarts it frequently to fix the problem so it will return soon.

I guess I'll be doubling up on waiting for this. Sea, if you catch this, it might not be half bad of an though to take that idea of having the server auto reload every day at some certain time

I figured that this would be pretty important, the old version of EVO was recently canceled because the amount of time it took for me was too much, but a new one is starting to take shape, so I don't think that having another section for the EVO cards is really needed, since I don't think anyone really wishes to use them. I don't know if the new owner of the project wishes to put cards up on Duel Portal or not though, but we'll see about that.

I seem to recall that the EVO project wanted to expand into YGOPro territory also.

If they want to do that, instead of using DP, we have a section for it.

(You know that subforum in here? Yeah, it's there for those of you who want it. But that's off-topic here)

---

But indeed, if no one's using the EVO stuff on DP anymore; no reason to separate them.

Rather, you can try implementing one of the other suggestions.

I hate sounding like a broken record, but are you still planning to do Pendulums, sea?

A lot of us already voted on it a while back, but if getting the server to work properly takes precedence, then no worries.

I seem to recall that the EVO project wanted to expand into YGOPro territory also.

If they want to do that, instead of using DP, we have a section for it.

(You know that subforum in here? Yeah, it's there for those of you who want it. But that's off-topic here)

---

But indeed, if no one's using the EVO stuff on DP anymore; no reason to separate them.

Rather, you can try implementing one of the other suggestions.

I hate sounding like a broken record, but are you still planning to do Pendulums, sea?

A lot of us already voted on it a while back, but if getting the server to work properly takes precedence, then no worries.

They are using YGOpro? I don't know what they are doing, I am still in the Skype chat, but they typically post when I am sleeping, so yeah.

It was back up a bit ago, at least it should be. All I can do is keep fixing things until they stay fixed.

So duel portal is currently set to 'reset' every other day at 6:00 UTC.

I figured that this would be pretty important, the old version of EVO was recently canceled because the amount of time it took for me was too much, but a new one is starting to take shape, so I don't think that having another section for the EVO cards is really needed, since I don't think anyone really wishes to use them. I don't know if the new owner of the project wishes to put cards up on Duel Portal or not though, but we'll see about that.

I was just about to ask you since SDB brought it up. I'll await further input then.

From my understanding of it, most likely due to EVO cards being designed without the metagame in mind.

Or something along those lines.

But yeah, if the card works nicely; does it really matter if it's designed for a different format or the metagame?

I can understand it being an eyesore to hunt for your own content amidst them, but usage, I don't know.

-----

Then again, I haven't been playing on DP as long as some of you, so can't really say.

With that said, I don't know which cards are in EVO (although I think they should be tagged).

Also sea, you may want to put the server warning in the main post, so people see it and don't freak the heck out when DP shuts down again.

From my understanding of it, most likely due to EVO cards being designed without the metagame in mind.

Or something along those lines.

But yeah, if the card works nicely; does it really matter if it's designed for a different format or the metagame?

I can understand it being an eyesore to hunt for your own content amidst them, but usage, I don't know.

-----

Then again, I haven't been playing on DP as long as some of you, so can't really say.

With that said, I don't know which cards are in EVO (although I think they should be tagged).

Also sea, you may want to put the server warning in the main post, so people see it and don't freak the heck out when DP shuts down again.

I still don't see why you guys don't want to use the EVO cards. If the card is useful for you, why not use it? Why does it matter that the design starndards are different?

Actually, it's been proven that some EVO cards can positively break some decks, and thus are not allowed for tournament formats.

Then ban those specific cards, not the whole Set that did nothing wrong.

Uh, the entirety of EVO is banned because they arent designed with the TCG metagame, of which most DP cards are based on, in mind. Also, there's at least hundreds if not thousands of the damn thing. Finding out the problem card one by one is going to be difficult. So yeah. They really really need to be given their own pool, just so they stop popping up everywhere.

Uh, the entirety of EVO is banned because they arent designed with the TCG metagame, of which most DP cards are based on, in mind. Also, there's at least hundreds if not thousands of the damn thing. Finding out the problem card one by one is going to be difficult. So yeah. They really really need to be given their own pool, just so they stop popping up everywhere.

I again ask why it matters, if you are only using a few of the cards, who cares if they aren't designed with the real game in mind or not?

Archived