Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I again ask why it matters, if you are only using a few of the cards, who cares if they aren't designed with the real game in mind or not?

If I understand EVO correctly, it is a Yugioh started and designed from scratch.

I.e, they design cards as if nothing, or barely anything of the TCG exists.

They have their own boundaries and their own design options.

For example, if they have their own ROTA. It is designed in a separate card pool, and its existence is only valid becuase their card pool does not acknowledge the official one. BUT if you merge the two card pools, the EVO card becomes overwhelming for the game (since now you technically have 2 playable ROTAs).

Basically, think of all EVO cards as having an assurance certificate for the EVO "univrerse" only. Some of them break the game and some don't. Better we don't take the risk.

EDIT: oh, did you start EVO? then why am I explaining this lol O_O

If I understand EVO correctly, it is a Yugioh started and designed from scratch.

I.e, they design cards as if nothing, or barely anything of the TCG exists.

They have their own boundaries and their own design options.

For example, if they have their own ROTA. It is designed in a separate card pool, and its existence is only valid becuase their card pool does not acknowledge the official one. BUT if you merge the two card pools, the EVO card becomes overwhelming for the game (since now you technically have 2 playable ROTAs).

Basically, think of all EVO cards as having an assurance certificate for the EVO "univrerse" only. Some of them break the game and some don't. Better we don't take the risk.

EDIT: oh, did you start EVO? then why am I explaining this lol O_O

I get that there's an issue with these kinds of things. Don't the tournaments look at the Deck and make sure there aren't any problem cards? There should not be an issue with similar cards like that, since you can just ban the cards which have the issues. I still see no good reason to ban every single card from the tournament scene. I don't decide how you guys make this work, I am just saying that I don't agree with the reasoning.

Zazu, this is less about balance and more about management. Evo is comprised of hundreds of cards that are either useless or overpowered, and is simply a hassle to thumb through when building decks. This is not a movement to not use the cards. We already don't use them. This is to get the cards we don't use out of the way of the ones we do. Don't take it personally, it is just to create a more streamlined system.

Zazu, this is less about balance and more about management. Evo is comprised of hundreds of cards that are either useless or overpowered, and is simply a hassle to thumb through when building decks. This is not a movement to not use the cards. We already don't use them. This is to get the cards we don't use out of the way of the ones we do. Don't take it personally, it is just to create a more streamlined system.

That doesn't really seem to be what you guys said earlier. This is of course a valid reason, and I already said the ok to that before, though now that the project is cancelled, it would just be work seattleite could spend on more important matters (unless it's actually super easy, then whatever go ahead and do it).

If you read the last page, EVO is simply a card making format where everything is designed from scratch.

Meaning whatever broken crap Konami made lately (and in the past) is non-existent.

Basically, they're designed in a vacuum, so to speak.

---

A note about the DP thing (and I told sea to note this on the main post), and from his wording, DP generally goes down every other day at 6:00 pm GMT.

But yeah, I'm having problems getting in too (tried to do it last night while trying to look at the EVO format)

If you read the last page, EVO is simply a card making format where everything is designed from scratch.

Meaning whatever broken crap Konami made lately (and in the past) is non-existent.

---

A note about the DP thing (and I told sea to note this on the main post), and from his wording, DP generally goes down every other day at 6:00 pm GMT.

But yeah, I'm having problems getting in too (tried to do it last night while trying to look at the EVO format)

May i ask for Examples? :x

i kinda not getting this...

---

Hmm these EVO cards (If i'm understanding correctly) Are cards that basically don't adhere to Konamis already existing balance to the metagame (If you want to call it that). Wouldn't the issue be fixed if you simply put "This card cannot be used if your deck or Extra deck had any cards created by Konami in it at any time." or something to that nature. I've been considering putting a disclaimer in all my custom decks because I CBA to try and patch up anything that might be broken if used with Konami cards since I rarely use them anyways.

In a nutshell, EVO cards are designed without regard to metagame things.

As for other cards here, you basically have to factor in the metagame to some extent (but keep in mind that not every relevant card in the gamestate is on DP, so some things might be okay whereas others may not).

---

If there were a lot less EVO cards, then it might be a solution.

But since there's a lot more, it becomes a pain in the ass to put that disclaimer on all of them.

And thus, sea needs to shaft them to their own pool.

Personally, I'm neutral on this; but partly because I don't know which ones are EVO (and I'd check, but DP goes down during certain times).

In a nutshell, EVO cards are designed without regard to metagame things.

As for other cards here, you basically have to factor in the metagame to some extent (but keep in mind that not every relevant card in the gamestate is on DP, so some things might be okay whereas others may not).

---

If there were a lot less EVO cards, then it might be a solution.

But since there's a lot more, it becomes a pain in the ass to put that disclaimer on all of them.

And thus, sea needs to shaft them to their own pool.

Personally, I'm neutral on this; but partly because I don't know which ones are EVO (and I'd check, but DP goes down during certain times).

Is explains the wild difference, they have Dragon Graceful Charity IIRC, a LIGHT/DARK Quick Play Miracle Fusion, and a DARK Fusion that requires ANY 2 MONSTERS to accompany it

Just to confirm with everyone, DP now works again. Thanks 

Quick question would a new Archetype be considered EVO?

Also how long does it take for the verification code to arrive?

If you're using Hotmail, it won't arrive. Use gmail instead. Also their usually is a card set thing you will see when clicking through the cards right below them. It will say in their EVO when you click through. Try this by looking up Pure Fusion, and  you will see it there

Archived