Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

I recently logged back into DuelPortal after not using it for a while to duel a friend. To my surprise, the archetype (a FNaF archetype; most were under the name "Animatronic") I had uploaded there was completely gone, save for one card. The deck I had built for it had other cards in their place (Elemental Channeler, Elemental Hatchling, and Draconus Imperator monsters) and while it was a 40 card deck before, it had 8 extra cards added as well.

Just posting this to see if I can get any info on what could be going on. I was wondering if my account had gotten hacked for whatever reason, but the lswarm deck I had on there plus the custom support was untouched except for one card, "Apollyon, the First Steelswarm", which is also gone. I know there's that whole "get your archetype deleted if it's deemed OP" rule, and while it was pretty broken at first it was getting all of the rough edges worked out and pretty much already had most of them worked out by the time I left.

So yeah, just wondering if there's any feedback to be had on this.

Did you make sure you checked both public AND private cards? I sometimes forget to click public.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently logged back into DuelPortal after not using it for a while to duel a friend. To my surprise, the archetype (a FNaF archetype; most were under the name "Animatronic") I had uploaded there was completely gone, save for one card. The deck I had built for it had other cards in their place (Elemental Channeler, Elemental Hatchling, and Draconus Imperator monsters) and while it was a 40 card deck before, it had 8 extra cards added as well.

Just posting this to see if I can get any info on what could be going on. I was wondering if my account had gotten hacked for whatever reason, but the lswarm deck I had on there plus the custom support was untouched except for one card, "Apollyon, the First Steelswarm", which is also gone. I know there's that whole "get your archetype deleted if it's deemed OP" rule, and while it was pretty broken at first it was getting all of the rough edges worked out and pretty much already had most of them worked out by the time I left.

So yeah, just wondering if there's any feedback to be had on this.

I can confirm they were deleted by another member. I can restore them if you'd like, but it will take a few days (I have the backup data but haven't made the program to restore them yet)

I can confirm they were deleted by another member. I can restore them if you'd like, but it will take a few days (I have the backup data but haven't made the program to restore them yet)

Wow, okay, that's pretty cheap. Could have at least warned me first. I'd ask who it was, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to. Was there a reason given for the deletion though?

Anyway, yes, please restore them when you can, I don't mind waiting. Is there anything I can do to prevent this in the future?

"Read-only" was only for private cards that you shared with another person to collaborate. It had no effect on public cards. Sorry if that was unclear.

Krein, you could have your cards private and just allow other people to search your collection if they want. Or you can balance them and make them public again. If you choose the second option and it gets deleted again we can confront the person and get a conversation. Either 1. They believe they are poorly designed and have suggestions, 2. They are trolling (in which case I would revoke their right to change your cards), or 3. It was an accident.

hey guy's I'm a new user and kind of confused . I've been reading differnt tutorial forum on how to use DP, and got my card to generate. but when I try to upload it  I run into a problem. you when I click the alternate generate botton it says to upload itso that I upload it and then I click the upload. when I do a window pops up says it only allows 50 charicters  to delete 5, but when I delete 5 it say it can't be read and I sould regenerate it. it's not fustrating it just confuses me. can any one help me.

pls ignore my illiterate writing.

?I just wont to try out my vine girls?

-copypaste-

Report the bug problem in the thread beneath this one, so sea can look into it.

Are any other users having this issue?

As for blocking other members, I don't think there is an option to stop them (I think the Read Only thing did that, but sea apparently took that out with the updates).

But he did mention to another user that if someone is maliciously removing stuff, he can strip their privileges to edit.

(If cards are deleted, it is common courtesy to let the card creator know that you did [with valid reasoning] if you know who made them.)

----

A side reminder that my Pipelight apparently isn't updated or DP doesn't want to accept it, so can't check the updates to confirm if the above is indeed true.

"Read-only" was only for private cards that you shared with another person to collaborate. It had no effect on public cards. Sorry if that was unclear.

Krein, you could have your cards private and just allow other people to search your collection if they want. Or you can balance them and make them public again. If you choose the second option and it gets deleted again we can confront the person and get a conversation. Either 1. They believe they are poorly designed and have suggestions, 2. They are trolling (in which case I would revoke their right to change your cards), or 3. It was an accident.

Well, like I mentioned before, it was my belief that the FNaF archetype was balanced well enough by the time I stopped going on there. At first, yeah, it was incredibly broken considering it could OTK consistently and do stupid stuff like summon indestructible, unaffectable, monsters (which wasn't intended, it just happened due to a few design flaws), but after some reworking of effects things got a LOT more tame.

Anyway, I'll wait for more updates on the situation I suppose. Thanks for your attention.

I've uploaded a quick fix that should hopefully fix the bug with the hand.

I also reverted CCGs to not use the public card pool anymore. Guess it wasn't what they wanted.

hey guy's I'm a new user and kind of confused . I've been reading differnt tutorial forum on how to use DP, and got my card to generate. but when I try to upload it  I run into a problem. you when I click the alternate generate botton it says to upload itso that I upload it and then I click the upload. when I do a window pops up says it only allows 50 charicters  to delete 5, but when I delete 5 it say it can't be read and I sould regenerate it. it's not fustrating it just confuses me. can any one help me.

pls ignore my illiterate writing.

?I just wont to try out my vine girls?

-copypaste-

DP only allows types (like Beast, Warrior, etc) up to 50 characters, so it makes no sense that you're even hitting that limit. I gather you're trying to generate from a YCM card? Can you paste the URL here?

Hey guys,

When I attempt to start a duel, the field gets a ton of bugs and then DP just freezes and wont do anything. I have to reset my browser to get it to work again.

Is there a way to keep other users from deleting cards?

I have uploaded a fix, hopefully it should resolve most issues.

You can make your cards private, right-click them in the deck editor to make them visible to the outside world, and get other people (i.e. advertise) to look at your cards by searching your name in the deck editor.

I have uploaded a fix, hopefully it should resolve most issues.

You can make your cards private, right-click them in the deck editor to make them visible to the outside world, and get other people (i.e. advertise) to look at your cards by searching your name in the deck editor.

Unfortunately, it did not. While Firefox is working for me fine, using it on Opera and when hunduel was usually it earlier it was giving an error everytime I drew and he couldn't see my cards.......

What exactly do you mean when you say resave them?

Go to the editor. Hit Commit Card Changes. Also I don't think that's the issue. The issue is I think EVERY card has had their IDs changed so you might need to check your decks.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bug Report: I made 8 cards and the game thinks the eighth one is  the same as another. Also don't tell me "only make 7 cards" I need to build an archetype.

nvm. issue fixed. If you have read-only cards resave them. that will fix them.

Thanks for discovering that, I'll try to fix it pre-emptively

cant open the page... this appears ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I have no idea where you're seeing this, care to elaborate?

Are you using the URL duelportal.us ?

Hi, was wondering if there's any word on restoring my Animatronic archetype.

Yeah, I just restored them yesterday. They're private now. One problem, the monsters' ATK, DEF and Level didn't record correctly. So they're all 0. Sorry about that.

Archived