Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can only hope the server remains stable for that tournament Striker wants to host next week.

If sea doesn't manually do it himself, either myself or Nai will update the status.

(And it appears that I need to update my Silverlight [well, Pipelight since I use Linux] since now I can't access the place)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Chrome did say they wouldn't be updating their Silverlight plugin anymore, so best you use Firefox from here on out.

(Though finding the updated version of Pipelight for my version of Linux isn't turning up easy to say the least, and I use Firefox)

That being said, if DP somehow returns after this post, then let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just released a new update, 5.2.3.1 (clear cache if doesn't show).

Features:

* Ability to see full-size images of cards if you hover in Deck Editor or Duel Field. For cards created before this update, you must edit the card and submit the image for the full image url to be recorded! A pain, I know, but the url's of the original images were never stored. Also, the image needs to be hosted on another site like Imgur! (the smaller images will still work)

* New actions on the Duel field:

- Peek at top or bottom card of opponent's deck (right-click their deck)

- View opponent's deck (right-click their deck). They will know you looked at their deck, so make sure you have their permission first! ;)

- View ALL cards in opponent's Extra Deck, including their Synchros, Xyzs, etc. Same idea as above

- "Rate Deck" has been moved to opponent's deck menu

- Move the top card of your deck to the bottom without revealing it (to you or opponent)

* CCGs now load Public cards in addition to their own (it was too difficult for CCGs that wanted TCG cards too)

* 2 new CCGs added (DYCCG, CCCCG)

I've just released a new update, 5.2.3.1 (clear cache if doesn't show).

Features:

* Ability to see full-size images of cards if you hover in Deck Editor or Duel Field. For cards created before this update, you must edit the card and submit the image for the full image url to be recorded! A pain, I know, but the url's of the original images were never stored. Also, the image needs to be hosted on another site like Imgur! (the smaller images will still work)

* New actions on the Duel field:

- Peek at top or bottom card of opponent's deck (right-click their deck)

- View opponent's deck (right-click their deck). They will know you looked at their deck, so make sure you have their permission first! ;)

- View ALL cards in opponent's Extra Deck, including their Synchros, Xyzs, etc. Same idea as above

- "Rate Deck" has been moved to opponent's deck menu

- Move the top card of your deck to the bottom without revealing it (to you or opponent)

* CCGs now load Public cards in addition to their own (it was too difficult for CCGs that wanted TCG cards too)

* 2 new CCGs added (DYCCG, CCCCG)

Great, the image feature works nicely, however while viewing cards in the Deck or Graveyard it doesn't show the image when you hover over it. If this is intentional I don't know, not a huge deal really, but still a bit strange I feel.

Love the new update, but there are some issues I had noticed:

The full-size image is stretched vertically to me. I can get it to look right by adjusting my window size a bit, but it would be nice if the images (including your avatar) did not ever stretch at all (in that it would break the ratios of their original dimensions), regardless of the aspect ratio of my window. This has always been a problem, but it's especially obvious now because of this new feature. What is the best aspect ratio to play DP on, anyway? Even with a 16:9 window, the full-size image is too tall. (The size of the image I uploaded was 488x711.) 

It is not ideal that you can freely look at your opponent's Deck / Extra Deck, even if it notifies both players. Ideally, you have the choice of revealing your own Deck / Extra Deck to your opponent, but if that's not currently feasible, it should at least be required for permission to be given. I think that's the case already in regards to giving control of Field Spells to your opponent?

I took the liberty of updating some staples and other good cards with new images (and for some, effects) so that they show up when you hover over them. Here's a list of those I uploaded:

http://i.imgur.com/cQYQD99.png

A feature which I am not entirely sure how you would implement, but would be pretty nice would be cards that work the same way as Harpie Lady 2 does, meaning that you can only have 3 total of Harpie Lady and Harpie Lady 2, since you can actually put in both of them if you wanted to right now. It could also be used in case people want to upload alternate art versions of cards.

I'm not sure if this is worth reporting as a glitch or something but, when i just logged in to see this new update, a card I didn't put in one of my decks has somehow made its way in....?

Also I noticed the "Read-only" checkbox for submitting a card was removed, is this supposed to be like that?

Great, the image feature works nicely, however while viewing cards in the Deck or Graveyard it doesn't show the image when you hover over it. If this is intentional I don't know, not a huge deal really, but still a bit strange I feel.

I forgot about those, but it can be easily fixed.

Love the new update, but there are some issues I had noticed:

The full-size image is stretched vertically to me. I can get it to look right by adjusting my window size a bit, but it would be nice if the images (including your avatar) did not ever stretch at all (in that it would break the ratios of their original dimensions), regardless of the aspect ratio of my window. This has always been a problem, but it's especially obvious now because of this new feature. What is the best aspect ratio to play DP on, anyway? Even with a 16:9 window, the full-size image is too tall. (The size of the image I uploaded was 488x711.) 

It is not ideal that you can freely look at your opponent's Deck / Extra Deck, even if it notifies both players. Ideally, you have the choice of revealing your own Deck / Extra Deck to your opponent, but if that's not currently feasible, it should at least be required for permission to be given. I think that's the case already in regards to giving control of Field Spells to your opponent?

Good idea. Guess we'll need to limit the max. size for the full-size images.

The deck editor is something like 20:9, and the duel field is like 17:9.

Yeah I agree it's not ideal. Put that on the list of things to fix.

I took the liberty of updating some staples and other good cards with new images (and for some, effects) so that they show up when you hover over them. Here's a list of those I uploaded:

http://i.imgur.com/cQYQD99.png

A feature which I am not entirely sure how you would implement, but would be pretty nice would be cards that work the same way as Harpie Lady 2 does, meaning that you can only have 3 total of Harpie Lady and Harpie Lady 2, since you can actually put in both of them if you wanted to right now. It could also be used in case people want to upload alternate art versions of cards.

Hmm... maybe I'll create an "alias" field in the Submit tab?

DP simply states "Error: Cannot cast from source type to d".

I've cleared my cache countless times and i'm not sure what to do anymore.

Am I missing something?

This may be a server issue. Let me look into it.

I'm not sure if this is worth reporting as a glitch or something but, when i just logged in to see this new update, a card I didn't put in one of my decks has somehow made its way in....?

Also I noticed the "Read-only" checkbox for submitting a card was removed, is this supposed to be like that?

Do you remember if your deck had the same number of cards before & after?

Yes the Read-only is gone, because the old system of sharing cards is gone.

is there a way to make cards private if you made them public by mistake?

Nope, better just delete them before someone adds it to their deck :)

theres a problem with the Duel Portal, every time i submit a card it gets renamed to something else. It hasnt changed the first 6 i submitted but the rest of them it changes the card every time i save my deck. Even the private cards

what's your username?

I forgot about those, but it can be easily fixed.

Good idea. Guess we'll need to limit the max. size for the full-size images.

The deck editor is something like 20:9, and the duel field is like 17:9.

Yeah I agree it's not ideal. Put that on the list of things to fix.

Hmm... maybe I'll create an "alias" field in the Submit tab?

This may be a server issue. Let me look into it.

Do you remember if your deck had the same number of cards before & after?

Yes the Read-only is gone, because the old system of sharing cards is gone.

Nope, better just delete them before someone adds it to their deck :)

what's your username?

Its fine now, I think it was just a bug or glitch. I relogged and that fixed everything but it still is something that might need looking into for future reference.

Ok it turns out this problem I've been having where cards I did not put in my deck keep making their way in has happened to mutliple decks of mine

Also a suggestion, can you plz plz plz bring back the read only option, the thing is i wouldn't like stupid things to happen to my cards.

I recently logged back into DuelPortal after not using it for a while to duel a friend. To my surprise, the archetype (a FNaF archetype; most were under the name "Animatronic") I had uploaded there was completely gone, save for one card. The deck I had built for it had other cards in their place (Elemental Channeler, Elemental Hatchling, and Draconus Imperator monsters) and while it was a 40 card deck before, it had 8 extra cards added as well.

Just posting this to see if I can get any info on what could be going on. I was wondering if my account had gotten hacked for whatever reason, but the lswarm deck I had on there plus the custom support was untouched except for one card, "Apollyon, the First Steelswarm", which is also gone. I know there's that whole "get your archetype deleted if it's deemed OP" rule, and while it was pretty broken at first it was getting all of the rough edges worked out and pretty much already had most of them worked out by the time I left.

So yeah, just wondering if there's any feedback to be had on this.

I recently logged back into DuelPortal after not using it for a while to duel a friend. To my surprise, the archetype (a FNaF archetype; most were under the name "Animatronic") I had uploaded there was completely gone, save for one card. The deck I had built for it had other cards in their place (Elemental Channeler, Elemental Hatchling, and Draconus Imperator monsters) and while it was a 40 card deck before, it had 8 extra cards added as well.

Just posting this to see if I can get any info on what could be going on. I was wondering if my account had gotten hacked for whatever reason, but the lswarm deck I had on there plus the custom support was untouched except for one card, "Apollyon, the First Steelswarm", which is also gone. I know there's that whole "get your archetype deleted if it's deemed OP" rule, and while it was pretty broken at first it was getting all of the rough edges worked out and pretty much already had most of them worked out by the time I left.

So yeah, just wondering if there's any feedback to be had on this.

The system is glitching, this happened to one of my archetypes aswell, because not every card was deleted

Archived