Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to request a feature that allows you send the bottom card of the Deck to the Graveyard/banish it. I recently created an Archetype that requires this, and there isn't a way to do this. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to look at the top card of the opponent's Deck without showing it to them. While it's not super important, my Archetype specifically states that they look at it, which is important as that means that the opponent doens't get to look at it. You can add the card to the opponent's hand, but you can't return it to the top or bottom of the Deck without returning control of it to them, in which case they can look at the card themselves, which doesn't really fix that problem. If these features would be implemented, that would be the most helpful.

Also, you can't view the opponent's Deck either, which is important in case you have an effect that does that, or you need to confirm that a card wasn't activated legally because there wasn't any card in the Deck it could use, such as Sangan with no monsters in the Deck.

The Archetype I was talking about:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/339878-written-chronox-archetype-9/

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to look at the top card of the opponent's Deck without showing it to them. While it's not super important, my Archetype specifically states that they look at it, which is important as that means that the opponent doens't get to look at it. You can add the card to the opponent's hand, but you can't return it to the top or bottom of the Deck without returning control of it to them, in which case they can look at the card themselves, which doesn't really fix that problem. If these features would be implemented, that would be the most helpful.

Also, you can't view the opponent's Deck either, which is important in case you have an effect that does that, or you need to confirm that a card wasn't activated legally because there wasn't any card in the Deck it could use, such as Sangan with no monsters in the Deck.

The latter is something I would appreciate as well, and also something that lets the user look at the Extra Deck. We explained this being a problem before, and if something like Tri and Guess gets played, it's kind of a mess.

In addition, I support Zazi's idea to have the ability to look at the top card of the opponent's Deck if not multiple. In the DP tournament scene this thread seems to be steerint towards, Diabolos King of the Abyss is becoming relevant and thus with such a card there is no way to do it other than the way Zazi describes. Even a simple return to opponent's Deck would give an indirect solution to this.

Thanks seattlelite!

If it needed too much rescale, maybe he could add a "Image" tab on top of the effect where it draws the image from the url you used in a ycm template

This is an interesting idea that I like. Maybe if you hover over the card for a few seconds, it could pull up the image from YCM.

The only catch is the card's actual image will have to be hosted elsewhere. My server just doesn't have enough space to host images of that size.

I would like to request a feature that allows you send the bottom card of the Deck to the Graveyard/banish it. I recently created an Archetype that requires this, and there isn't a way to do this. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to look at the top card of the opponent's Deck without showing it to them. While it's not super important, my Archetype specifically states that they look at it, which is important as that means that the opponent doens't get to look at it. You can add the card to the opponent's hand, but you can't return it to the top or bottom of the Deck without returning control of it to them, in which case they can look at the card themselves, which doesn't really fix that problem. If these features would be implemented, that would be the most helpful.

The Archetype I was talking about:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/339878-written-chronox-archetype-9/

The latter is something I would appreciate as well, and also something that lets the user look at the Extra Deck. We explained this being a problem before, and if something like Tri and Guess gets played, it's kind of a mess.

In addition, I support Zazi's idea to have the ability to look at the top card of the opponent's Deck if not multiple. In the DP tournament scene this thread seems to be steerint towards, Diabolos King of the Abyss is becoming relevant and thus with such a card there is no way to do it other than the way Zazi describes. Even a simple return to opponent's Deck would give an indirect solution to this.

Thanks seattlelite!

Sure it's possible. The only question is: where to put it? :P

It's not a big deal, I can put them on the right-click menu, but seems kind of random.

Design-wise, what do you guys think?

Is there a thing on this fourm were you get to showcase/share the copied to clipboard decks you made on duel portal and post it so others can load from text those decks into there account?

No, I'm not aware of any subforum like that.

It would probably make more sense to post the deck with the custom cards, so people don't have to scour the card pool.

Sea, just asking, but can you make it so that the program can support cards with longer names that would usually get cut atm?

By "cut", do you mean visually, or the name is literally halfway gone?

Is there a thing on this fourm were you get to showcase/share the copied to clipboard decks you made on duel portal and post it so others can load from text those decks into there account?

You can post the Decklist in this section, but that's about all you can really do.

Members are still going to have to find the cards manually on DP.

Sure it's possible. The only question is: where to put it? :P

It's not a big deal, I can put them on the right-click menu, but seems kind of random.

Design-wise, what do you guys think?

Well, you already have stuff at the Deck like the view deck and what not, so it would make sense to put it there.

• 2 weeks later...

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Google Chrome has entirely dropped Silverlight. This means that no matter what you try you will not be able to get Duel Portal to open on the latest Chrome browser. As unfortunate as this is, you will need to use either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer to run Duel Portal. This may suck; but neither browsers are really that bad and if you're on a Windows PC then you already have Internet Explorer. Sorry for the inconvenience, but them's the breaks.

Other options include using an old version of Google Chrome; but any version past the latest update will not support Microsoft Silverlight.

I have Firefox, so I should be fine.

Then again, never worked on my Chrome browser anyway, even before this, so not too bothered.

(I don't use Windows, mind you, so only have Firefox)

-----

Indeed, let's see what seatteite does with DP though.

Is he going to figure out another way to make DP usable on Chrome (regardless of version) or something else?

I'm a little too busy to remake the whole site, so sorry chrome users! No immediate plans for that.

Right now I'm working on implementing Zaziuma's/Queen's request.

@Cole Brzina - Sure, that's easy. It won't make the loading time when you login any shorter, because that's just the cards themselves. But it will make Deck Editor / Duel Field faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Just find the extra card and delete it. (Provided you didn't tamper with the read-only functions and stuff, you should be fine)

However, I don't think that will be a problem, assuming the system catches duplicate names (which it should).

Otherwise, just change the duplicate into something else.

Can we get better quality images somehow? I tried uploading an image that was the size of the thumbnail but it still got compresseddddddd.

I'll work on it. Could I get the URL of the original image, if possible?

Is it possible to have the full image displays, probably hosting the images in another site (imgur perhaps?) to do it? Though this will make people need to reupload their images, probably.

Yeah, Wolter19 suggested that on this page.

Archived