Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

Brawler, it's a common bug unfortunately. Not much can be done, other than re-uploading them.

Also, a monster card of mine (Invasion Tech - Aerial Ace) is glitching out, and so it's graphics match that of the field spell card Roundhouse. I've tried deleting the image and uploading a new one, but it just goes back to the roundhouse image.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the one in the Deck Editor. I'm talking about one for Submit. Granted, I could just keep switching between Deck Editor and Submit until I get through those many pages of cards to make public, but that's a lot of extra clicking.

Edit: Maybe a "Do not show me this message again" option for the message that comes up every time you check the "Public" box in Submit? It'll probably end up getting in the way when someone goes and makes a bunch of cards public.

Ohhh, I see what you mean.

Sure, i could implement those two things.

I was just editing some of my cards to get the proper images working, and they just got deleted from the server. What happened?

I need to know what the names of those cards are.

I can't help anyone if I don't know the names.

Brawler, it's a common bug unfortunately. Not much can be done, other than re-uploading them. Also, a monster card of mine (Invasion Tech - Aerial Ace) is glitching out, and so it's graphics match that of the field spell card Roundhouse. I've tried deleting the image and uploading a new one, but it just goes back to the roundhouse image.

I only see the monster's image. Is it showing Roundhouse in the Deck Editor or somewhere else?

For me, the roundhouse picture shows up whenever i would normally view the monster image, so it shows up in the Deck Editor, the Image Editor of 'Submit,' and also whenever its graphics appear in a duel. I originally thought it was just a minor bug on my side, but I was duelling against an opponent recently (Ironically, the person who owned the Roundhouse card) and they commented on how it took the appearance of a spell. Then, it got annoying really quickly, so i've reported it here. I've pulled it out in past with the opponent not noticing it, so i think it may only be for me and the owner of the Roundhouse card. (ToaCody, I think it is? Whoever has the deck based around trains.)

Through some major derping, Grenosaurus* is not an Xyz Monster when it should be, and Lavalval Ignis* has both a duplicate and no picture. They're both public, so I can't fix it myself.

Which brings up another idea: maybe you could appoint someone to fix the public cards that have issues, preferably somebody we see on DP often, so that we don't have to constantly bug you about it. That is, if you don't feel like you could just do it yourself.

* Shut up, I know Greno and Ignis suck. But being Rank 3 FIRE Xyzs are part of an idea I came up with for a card.

Through some major derping, Grenosaurus* is not an Xyz Monster when it should be, and Lavalval Ignis* has both a duplicate and no picture. They're both public, so I can't fix it myself.

Which brings up another idea: maybe you could appoint someone to fix the public cards that have issues, preferably somebody we see on DP often, so that we don't have to constantly bug you about it. That is, if you don't feel like you could just do it yourself.

* Shut up, I know Greno and Ignis suck. But being Rank 3 FIRE Xyzs are part of an idea I came up with for a card.

*raises hand*

Also, you should give us more interactivity with cards stolen from the opponent. I can't send it to the grave, attach as Xyz Mat, banish it, etc.

Could you delete the "Buffalo Safari", "Train Robber" and "Garratt Steamer" cards? I absentmindedly set them as Public along with a number of other RRS cards even though I still have an edit or two for both of them. Also, I tried to add "Giant Trunade" to the database but it says that the name is protected, even though I can't find the card.

A number of my cards are also registering as the wrong card type since having been set as Public. Here's a list of the ones I've found:

• Level Crossing (should be Normal)
  • Restoration Project (should be Normal)
  • Retrofit (should be Normal)
  • The Lost Spike (should be Normal)
  • Driven Passenger Train (should be Fusion/Effect)
  • Steam Up (should be Normal)

Ohhh, I see what you mean.

Sure, i could implement those two things.

I need to know what the names of those cards are.

I can't help anyone if I don't know the names.

I only see the monster's image. Is it showing Roundhouse in the Deck Editor or somewhere else?

Vision HERO Witch Raider, Vision HERO Farris, and Vision HERO Gravito.

Vision HERO Witch Raider, Vision HERO Farris, and Vision HERO Gravito.

Thank you, now I can work on fixing that bug. Your cards were never deleted, just an small error in saving them.

Agreed with Toyo, as it made using S.H.ARK awkward. Anyway, is it possible to make a mass upload feature if the cards are already in DP code?

Yeah, I can do that, it'll just have to be non-public cards (to avoid mass blunders)

*raises hand*

Also, you should give us more interactivity with cards stolen from the opponent. I can't send it to the grave, attach as Xyz Mat, banish it, etc.

You want to help? :) That's fine with me, I just have to fix a few things first.

I'll work on the stolen cards.

Also, I tried to add "Giant Trunade" to the database but it says that the name is protected, even though I can't find the card.

My bad, that was left over from the "TCG set" time.

-New patch released. Hopefully will fix the "Field spell left over in a match duel", "Dead hosters", and "Occasional cards not being loaded" bugs

Also added a set filter for the Edit Card window, and an option to "not show again" window for public cards. Unfortunately I couldn't get a dragable "View ___" window working in the Duel Field.

and, even if someone said i was wrong, i think that the screens are flipped, since yesterday i told to my opponent "pop your set trap near the main deck", and he popped the other one, claiming that the one he popped was the one near his main deck....so either i've been cheated or the screens are flipped then numbers on s\t zones would be appriciated...and everytime a round ends and we should proceed to siding, a bug occurs so that even after siding the duel cannot be restored

and, even if someone said i was wrong, i think that the screens are flipped, since yesterday i told to my opponent "pop your set trap near the main deck", and he popped the other one, claiming that the one he popped was the one near his main deck....so either i've been cheated or the screens are flipped then numbers on s\t zones would be appriciated...

On the field, all cards are by default placed on the leftmost side of *your* field. Since this applies to both players, all cards will start to fill up your left side of the field and go rightwards, but also does this to your opponent rather than starting on the right and going left. "Near the Main Deck" for your opponent is "the rightmost backrow card," while for you it is their leftmost backrow card. I usually can get around this by saying "Across from <Other entity>" since a monster being directly in front of a Spell/Trap is true for both players.

and everytime a round ends and we should proceed to siding, a bug occurs so that even after siding the duel cannot be restored

Yeeeeahhh, it's just better to refresh the DP page and start a new game.

From what I found today:

-Rematch function is really buggy, as it sometimes either crashed the silverlight plugin or even the browser, and made the duels after it became glitchy too.

-Changing control of cards sometimes made the program forgot about the original owner of a card.

-Xyz materials might cause small graphical bug when detached.

-Viewing deck sometimes caused graphical glitches in the field and hand, and sometimes pushed the deck window to the top-left corner of the screen, rendering it unusable.

@ Toacody - To "return to deck" just return to top/bottom and shuffle. I know a "return randomly to deck" option would save a click but the monster menu is packed enough as it is.

@ Soup - Thanks for that diagnostic. I think Toyo said (she?) wanted to help, but I have yet to give (her?) the admin tour.

-Viewing deck sometimes caused graphical glitches in the field and hand, and sometimes pushed the deck window to the top-left corner of the screen, rendering it unusable.

I had a similar glitch a few nights ago that I chose to ignore because I thought it was an issue on my part. Basically, opening the drop-box for anything, deck, graveyard, banish etc, got moved to the top-left like how Ain described it. 

Archived