The Beginning of Light and Darkness [NA atm/Started/PG-13]

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I have a poll up to know how weekends are for everyone in general.

Also.. Has anyone seen Blu?? Cause he's the only one who hasn't seen the message and I'm just hoping its just a thing cause of the weekend and that he's not doing another disappearing act. ._____.

Hotaru, if Blu is doing another one of his disappearing acts, will you stay in the RP? Or drop out? O_o

I'll say mine are good, only because I have yet to do anything damaging over the weekends, and I doubt it will change.

I guess the RP's not active is because school-time is starting back up for some, so they don't have as much time. I don't know if I would to be honest.

It's not active because I'm waiting on responses from 3 people on whether they are posting, dropping out, or can't post atm. Cause then I can either wait another day for the ones that are posting, adjust my post for those dropping out and do another adjustment for those that can't post atm

I'm also interested in knowing everyone opinions about whether you're all alright with me time skipping to where they are on a boat, everyone having been acquainted name- and skill/ability-wise on the way to the ship, or if you guys wanna do a post or two each about them going to the docks and talking? The former will save time and get us to more plot-heavy stuff while the latter will.. uhm.. well, give us the chance for our characters to reveal what they want. Or I could do both in one post, leading me to write a big post that'll take at least a day and give you guys much more to work with, leading you to bigger posts as well. Especially you 4-5 liners out there.

No I won't drop out if Blu did vanish. Since I'm going to assume he won't mind I'm gonna control his character. Not fully control and stuff, but just mention that he's there and for small convos. For fights he can just do like unimportant minions. Because my character isn't compeltely dependent on his character, but there is some cooperation that I do need from him so yeah...

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Justice, if I may be honest, I don't like the idea of your character snooping for a character's information. In fact, if I recall correctly, that can be classified as some form of metagaming. Could be wrong, but still.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Besides, it's not like you can find much on my character to begin with. Maybe his birth certificate, birth place, his biological parents, and anything up to the age of 18 (roughly, this is the past), and what anyone else can tell from looking at him now (the present).[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]He's had so little human contact when he was out in the world that digging up information on him would make it the opposite, and saying having no human contact would be meaningless and in such a case, a lie. He's probably one of the few characters where obtaining information would be nearly impractical to try, since he was nonetheless off the grid per se.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]You get what I'm saying?[/size][/font]

Yeah, to add to that, there's not much available info on Titus either.
Not even his employers know his real name, and, like I said, he's very low profile.

Only person you could've gotten info from was someone who lived in the area and had imployed him previously, and even then, it'd have to be by appearance, not name.

Justice, I agree with the other two. I was gonna say something, but I had to rush off to work. The story takes place in a medeival era and I doubt many records were kept about people except for any criminal record, and even then, that was dependant on the guards and the town/city and that was mostly for wanted posters and stuff.

Well, allow me to elaborate something I did not in the IC post which I really should have.

Adrius is only able to get that which has been kept recorded meaning he knows a lot about a few of you, but little around the others. It was never meant for him to know everything around everyone, as that would be metagaming. However, if that is still an inconvienience, I will change the post.

Allow me to go even further however. He only has criminal records or any kept by the Royal Knights. Meaning, he only knows as much about you as anyone else does. And Enrise, I understand what you mean, but what he wants to know is who is them most likely to ruin the whole operation. And, frankly, I don't know anything about your character, so neither does Adrius.

Edit: What he knows about Titus is that his parents were killed that's it. That's enough for him, though.

Ah. Well, a specification on who ya got info on and how (paperwork wise) would have been nice to see in your post. You don't have to edit it, since we've cleared things up,but just keep this incident in mind in the future, alright?

As for posting, I'll get to it tomorrow. Hopefully, Kyng would have posted by then.

Alright, lets get this rolling again. I've given Raine a final warning.

Came up with a nice excuse for Seth's absents.

And it seems like weekends won't be much of a problem for this rp, but since there are a few that have an issue with them, weekends will not count towards my 3-day posting time limit. I've been lenient so far, since the rp just started, summer vaca just recently started not all that long ago, and that due to the number of people in this rp, this shouldn't be as slow, posting wise, as it is now once things really get rolling.

Edit: Woot! I was finally able to edit the front. The problem was because the edits would have went over the word limit for a post. Sooooo yeah.. <__<;

Oh my god, sorry you guys, I really am. Been busy with registration for school and then I had to attend a funeral of a friend's grandfather. I've been spending a lot of time comforting her, and now school's started. Busy, busy, busy! Ok, so can someone give me a quick summary?

What the h*ll everyone? You were all worried about this dying and now tahat you have the opprotinity to post, Im getting nothing. I know Stalfos is waiting on Kyng (who's almost over his rp funk), but what about the rest of you? I haven't heard a single word from any of you. :/

Edit: Oh hey Blu! I thought you were doing one of your disappearing acts. Nothing much had happened due to no one really posting... The group's outside the tavern, introducing themselves. I made it to where Seth was at the docks, securing a boat for the group to use, so you can either wait to post when the group gets there or post about him arriving, letting them know he's got them a boat and Captain willing to take them to the Vita Temple.

[quote name='.:Blu:.' timestamp='1343872970' post='5994987']
Oh my god, sorry you guys, I really am. Been busy with registration for school and then I had to attend a funeral of a friend's grandfather. I've been spending a lot of time comforting her, and now school's started. Busy, busy, busy! Ok, so can someone give me a quick summary?
[/quote]
Well, most people are awake after last night, we're in the Tavern, I believe, and we're introducing ourselves.
I say we, by that, I mean "So far, Aisu and I are the only ones who have actually posted introducing ourselves, leaving a several day gap between my last post, and the present, in which there have been no posts whatsoever"

[quote name='Quεnn Aisu' timestamp='1343873155' post='5994991']
What the h*ll everyone? You were all worried about this dying and now tahat you have the opprotinity to post, Im getting nothing. I know Stalfos is waiting on Kyng (who's almost over his rp funk), but what about the rest of you? I haven't heard a single word from any of you. :/
[/quote]

I can't really break character, so naturally I can't just go up to someone and give them a whole paragraph of talking.

[quote name='Quεnn Aisu' timestamp='1343873514' post='5995002']
Issun, you're exempt from my rant since you were the last one to post, obv.
[/quote]

*repeat*

I mean, he's a mute who hasn't had human contact since he left to travel, so he forgot how to socialize with humans in a sense. Breaking character is against the RPing commandments if you wanna put it that way.

I mean, if my character was different, I would by all means do something since the beginning [s]of light and darkness[/s] of the RP.

That is a valid point. I still would have liked a reason for not posting earlier sooner, though. xD He's not really a mute, though, right? He has talked in past posts and heard people.. Anyways, once everyone else has posted, it should give your character enough to observe, mentally comment and say or not say something.

[quote name='Quεnn Aisu' timestamp='1343885670' post='5995168']
That is a valid point. I still would have liked a reason for not posting earlier sooner, though. xD He's not really a mute, though, right? He has talked in past posts and heard people.. Anyways, once everyone else has posted, it should give your character enough to observe, mentally comment and say or not say something.
[/quote]

He's talked very little, the only times he's legitimately talked was to the dragon; otherwise, all communication is in few-worded phrases and sometimes just noises. So he's not a full mute, but shows that trait quite dominantly.
And being mute doesn't mean you can't hear people.

Archived