League of Legends

Shrekstasy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure, but right now he's really, really flawed. I mean, no champion should be able to get away with winning just by mashing the auto-attack hard enough because they can't die for 5 seconds. I mean, let's face it, he's been in dire need of a rework for a long time now.

I watched most of C9 vs IMT, those games were really fun to watch.

Not sure what I think about TSM getting a remake as they were losing early AND having Sol disabled for the rest of the game.

It can't be rigged, obviously, but a remake right off the bat, as you're winning, and shutting down one of your champs must feel pretty awful.
I'mma see how the rest of the games go, though.

Edit: last game was damn good, wow (just skimming, seen enough tonight). 

Hmm, the bug did seem pretty awful, and I can see how it gave CLG a small edge early.

Still feels off a bit, but makes more sense now.

So I recently did a Nemesis Draft, and got saddled with Braum. He's actually kinda fun, as tanky supps go.

Easily one of my favorite supports.  Right along side Alistar and Thresh.  Braum is so much fun.  He's really satisfying to play.

Easily one of my favorite supports.  Right along side Alistar and Thresh.  Braum is so much fun.  He's really satisfying to play.

Aren't League supports underpowered pieces of garbage in most cases, because Riot games is scared of anything remotely powerful? Also LOL game breaking bug happening in a tournament match. Is this game actually coded by monkeys

just gonna dump this here

3e8.jpg

Aren't League supports underpowered pieces of garbage in most cases, because Riot games is scared of anything remotely powerful? Also LOL game breaking bug happening in a tournament match. Is this game actually coded by monkeys

just gonna dump this here

3e8.jpg

Why don't you try actually playing the game instead of putting 200% belief into everything you read on the internet?  Lmao.  Supports are in their best spots in years.  The only people who would assume they're underpowered is if you don't have any clue what you're talking about.

Why don't you try actually playing the game instead of putting 200% belief into everything you read on the internet?  Lmao.  Supports are in their best spots in years.  The only people who would assume they're underpowered is if you don't have any clue what you're talking about.

idk, wasn't Morello the one who said Rupture would be too difficult for players to understand? I mean, Thresh is the most interesting support in the game and even then he has 2 spells that are simple CC and damage. The others just look so boring and simple. Alistar's kit is literally when you do a spell, do damage, Q is do damage and CC, w is do damage and CC, e is a generic irrelevant heal, and R is a shitty copy of Ursa's ult. Then again, anything remotely complex tends to be waved off as "Burden of Knowledge", whatever that means. 

idk. also when is this game getting melee carries that are actually viable?

idk, wasn't Morello the one who said Rupture would be too difficult for players to understand? I mean, Thresh is the most interesting support in the game and even then he has 2 spells that are simple CC and damage. The others just look so boring and simple. Alistar's kit is literally when you do a spell, do damage, Q is do damage and CC, w is do damage and CC, e is a generic irrelevant heal, and R is a shitty copy of Ursa's ult. Then again, anything remotely complex tends to be waved off as "Burden of Knowledge", whatever that means. 

Pretty sure you're trolling now.  I think we can go ahead and disregard your opinion because you literally don't know what you're talking about.

And how you describe Thresh is even more interesting, considering 3/4 of his spells are skill shots.  Do you actually understand how supporting works?  Or are you one of those "DO DAMAGE WIN GAME" types of people?  Because supporting is so much more than applying CC or doing damage.  You could attribute that to literally three quarters of all champions.  Hell, the better Dota players understand that.  Map control, peel, positioning, macro and micro play, roaming, clearing, denying, and more.  These are the things supports bring to the table.

From Thresh to Alistar (which btw, his combination is what defines him as a champion, but I'm guessing you don't understand the champion), and Braum to Leona.  Each support brings something different to the table.  The only "Burden of Knowledge" here is that once again, your argument is poor and you don't understand the game.  At all.  You understand as much about League of Legends as I do about DotA.  The only difference is, I know both games are great, but I think viewers and view count speak for themselves.

#TeamLiquid2016

If Morello said that, it was a long-ass time ago. Alistar is an old champion, and most older champions have simple kits. The vast majority of champions released in recent memory have at least one fairly complex ability and/or a unique mechanic. You want interesting supports? Bard, Tahm Kench, New Taric, Braum to an extent. There are more that aren't as unique, but still qualify as not "boring and simple." I could make Dota supports look boring if the only one I mentioned was Omniknight. And IDK why you think supports are underpowered, supports have been in a great spot for a good couple years now.

Melee carries, I admit, are less prevalent in League, but they're really only non-viable in competitive play, and maybe the VERY top of solo queue. Champs like Yasuo, Master Yi, Riven, Darius, and others are perfectly good carries if you aren't literally at the LCS level. 

No, I don't understand how supporting works, why don't you show me some high challenger repla-Oh. Join my game as a coac-Oh. All I'm saying is I don't understand why anyone would want to play a game that is not only buggy as sheet and runs on a client programmed in Adobe Air by college interns, has hero kits as deep as a paddling pool, no replays, coaching or custom games, no denying, no turn speed, no unique items, dumbed down DOTA spells and is balanced by a team of imbeciles who think they're game designers.

Ffs, League of Legends cancelled their 1v1 map. If they're so rich and own the most played game in the world, why are people so blatantly lying down and accepting something that's clearly not quality and run by a team that's half asleep and balances by the old dartboard method. Why would you play League of Legends when DOTA 2 actually exists? It's like drinking Starbucks instead of having something from an actual Coffee Bar. Like drinking Lager instead of Wine, it's just unrefined. 

I mean, suit yourself and maybe I am baiting a little here, but I don't know why anyone would not stand for quality.

You do know the alpha client is approaching stages of completion right?  Riot is fully aware of their sheet client.  And we've seen and tested the new one.  Not only is it much smoother and less buggy, but it has better features too.  Bring up the whole story, don't nitpick it.  You're purposely missing stuff.

No, I don't understand how supporting works, why don't you show me some high challenger repla-Oh. Join my game as a coac-Oh.

Noted. I'll concede it would be nice if there was a built-in replay system, although there are several 3rd party tools that work great. But sure, I'll give you that.

All I'm saying is I don't understand why anyone would want to play a game that is not only buggy as s***

The bugginess of League is often exaggerated. Yeah, it may be buggier than Dota, but it's not like every game is being decided by who's champions break worse. I've only noticed bugs in a tiny fraction of my games, and most were very minor. Besides, if that's the price of getting fairly frequent balance patches, I'll take it.

and runs on a client programmed in Adobe Air by college interns,

New client is in the works now. I admit it's taken them a while, but it's happening. Plus, the current client MUCH better than it was a couple years ago.

has hero kits as deep as a paddling pool,

This hasn't been true since, like, a couple months into season 3.

no replays, coaching or custom games,

Covered replays earlier, coaching would be nice but I don't think it's that important, custom games sure.

no denying,

And thank God for that.

no turn speed,

Eh. It's an annoying mechanic that only exists to enable melee carries, which, as I said, are fine outside of pro play.

no unique items,

Duskblade of Drakkthar, Guardian Angel, Hextech Protobelt and GLP, Death's Dance, probably others I'm forgetting.

dumbed down DOTA spells

Except...not really? Like, at all?

and is balanced by a team of imbeciles who think they're game designers.

League balance is generally totally fine, with a few exceptions. And given how often stuff is changed, it would be incredible if there weren't occasional outliers. You're exaggerating massively.

Ffs, League of Legends cancelled their 1v1 map.

True. 

If they're so rich and own the most played game in the world, why are people so blatantly lying down and accepting something that's clearly not quality and run by a team that's half asleep and balances by the old dartboard method.

That's some nice hyperbole you've got there. Also, see below.

Why would you play League of Legends when DOTA 2 actually exists?

Because League is actually a fun game. DOTA has better out-of-game features in many ways, but League is just so much more fun to play. And evidently, a whole lot of the world agrees.

It's like drinking Starbucks instead of having something from an actual Coffee Bar. Like drinking Lager instead of Wine, it's just unrefined. 

I mean, suit yourself and maybe I am baiting a little here, but I don't know why anyone would not stand for quality.

Mate, you're baiting harder than a 200 HP Heimerdinger spamming laugh in front of the bush his whole team is hiding in.

tl;dr I'll give you replays, coaching, and custom games. Everything else is either exaggerated, or wrong.

Archived