League of Legends

Shrekstasy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riven doesn't struggle to beat other top laners.  Which is what pisses me off about these sudden buffs.  It's probably a bunch of QQ bullshit from a few butthurt Riven mains who didn't like her falling out of meta.  Guess I know what I'm banning now.

Sorry to cut in again, but can someone explain the game to me? (The game mechanics, how it works, etc.)

Don't play League of Legends. It's a game for DOTA 2 and Starcraft rejects who aren't good enough to make the cut. I'm very much willing to teach you either of those games because the sooner people realise that League of Legends is babby's first competitive game, the better. New Yorick looks so unbelievably edgy and corny that it's impossible to actually take him seriously. 

Don't play League of Legends. It's a game for DOTA 2 and Starcraft rejects who aren't good enough to make the cut. I'm very much willing to teach you either of those games because the sooner people realise that League of Legends is babby's first competitive game, the better. New Yorick looks so unbelievably edgy and corny that it's impossible to actually take him seriously. 

You are quite possibly the best and most unwitty troll in all of YCM.  Well played.

I wasn't aware that everything posted about a game has to be sunshine and rainbows. Excuse me for offering alternatives. Alternatives explicitly known for their competitive depth, no less.

The only thing deep around here is the hole in your head.  Your idea of an analysis is how "edgy" champions are, when you can't even play the game.  And while I'm willing to acknowledge that DotA is far more in depth and complex, it's half as fun, not nearly as accessible, it's competitive seen is absurdly dull, and it doesn't have nearly the same size of player base.  The content is dwindling (however true that is, DotA makes great money off the little content it has, so that's not necessarily a bad thing, and it means they're doing something right), and engaging with the game and it's players is just as toxic if not worse than League's Community.

At least we have players supporting both communities and trying to help DotA break it's piss poor viewer numbers.  But you can keep your snarky attitude and your self righteous BS.  You won't bring that sheet to summoner's rift.  And you and I both know it.

The only thing deep around here is the hole in your head.  Your idea of an analysis is how "edgy" champions are, when you can't even play the game.  And while I'm willing to acknowledge that DotA is far more in depth and complex, it's half as fun, not nearly as accessible, it's competitive seen is absurdly dull, and it doesn't have nearly the same size of player base.  The content is dwindling (however true that is, DotA makes great money off the little content it has, so that's not necessarily a bad thing, and it means they're doing something right), and engaging with the game and it's players is just as toxic if not worse than League's Community.

At least we have players supporting both communities and trying to help DotA break it's piss poor viewer numbers.  But you can keep your snarky attitude and your self righteous BS.  You won't bring that sheet to summoner's rift.  And you and I both know it.

Again, further reinforcing the analogy that League of Legends is Pepsi Cola and DOTA 2 is like fine wine. Fun is subjective. It's not nearly as popular because League of Legends exists and is DOTA lite. And I don't know what you're talking about DOTA's competitive scene being dull. TI6 was fantastic. I mean, most League of Legends pros are about as fake as a Kardashian's arse anyway. Watching LCS feels like an advertisement for hair gel and doritos rather than an actual tournament, idk. Also, saying DOTA's playerbase is toxic is a misconstrued argument. Or at least, trying to compare it to League's "toxicity" when League teaches people that everything is toxic. Most people in DOTA are very chill, but they'll speak their mind. Riot has conditioned it's playerbase to yell "toxic" at everything. It's even being used to balance the game now, ffs. We don't throw reports around at everything. And hell, because people don't assume automatically that everyone's an jabroni, most people tend not to be bastards.

The content is dwindling? We just got a new hero. We're getting another new hero in a few months. And quality is much more important than quantity. I wouldn't care if we only got 2 patches a year if those patches were great. Of course, League of Legends has no actual idea of that and just tends to fart out patches with bugs and let the playerbase figure it out. Why do you think a hero is always disabled whenever a patch comes out? 

Saying your game is better because more people watch and play it is ridiculous. Especially when the majority of arguments against DOTA tend to be "League's more popular!" or "League's more accessible!" Even though that's not true in the slightest. DOTA is incredibly accessible. I mean it actually has a tutorial mode, coaching, player guides in game, tooltips that actually give information, and more. What does League have? A tutorial on the wrong map building bad items? 

I see no reason to get someone into League when you can just teach them to play DOTA instead. That's like teaching them to be a McDonalds employee rather than having some respect for themselves and choosing the harder but more rewarding option. Also, DOTA 2 is the 3rd most viewed game on Twitch with 35k views. Then Hearthstone, then League of Legends. Yeah, game's dead guys go home

Again, further reinforcing the analogy that League of Legends is Pepsi Cola and DOTA 2 is like fine wine. Fun is subjective. It's not nearly as popular because League of Legends exists and is DOTA lite. And I don't know what you're talking about DOTA's competitive scene being dull. TI6 was fantastic. I mean, most League of Legends pros are about as fake as a Kardashian's arse anyway. Watching LCS feels like an advertisement for hair gel and doritos rather than an actual tournament, idk. Also, saying DOTA's playerbase is toxic is a misconstrued argument. Or at least, trying to compare it to League's "toxicity" when League teaches people that everything is toxic. Most people in DOTA are very chill, but they'll speak their mind. Riot has conditioned it's playerbase to yell "toxic" at everything. It's even being used to balance the game now, ffs. We don't throw reports around at everything. And hell, because people don't assume automatically that everyone's an jabroni, most people tend not to be bastards.

The content is dwindling? We just got a new hero. We're getting another new hero in a few months. And quality is much more important than quantity. I wouldn't care if we only got 2 patches a year if those patches were great. Of course, League of Legends has no actual idea of that and just tends to fart out patches with bugs and let the playerbase figure it out. Why do you think a hero is always disabled whenever a patch comes out? 

Saying your game is better because more people watch and play it is ridiculous. Especially when the majority of arguments against DOTA tend to be "League's more popular!" or "League's more accessible!" Even though that's not true in the slightest. DOTA is incredibly accessible. I mean it actually has a tutorial mode, coaching, player guides in game, tooltips that actually give information, and more. What does League have? A tutorial on the wrong map building bad items? 

I see no reason to get someone into League when you can just teach them to play DOTA instead. That's like teaching them to be a McDonalds employee rather than having some respect for themselves and choosing the harder but more rewarding option. Also, DOTA 2 is the 3rd most viewed game on Twitch with 35k views. Then Hearthstone, then League of Legends. Yeah, game's dead guys go home

Playing DotA is like devoting your time and effort to an English Degree.  Yeah, you got your degree, but you can do nothing with it.  Plus you're stuck along side a bunch of other idiots who thought "well, why not, right?"

See, I can make sheet up too.

Playing DotA is like devoting your time and effort to an English Degree.  Yeah, you got your degree, but you can do nothing with it.  Plus you're stuck along side a bunch of other idiots who thought "well, why not, right?"

See, I can make sheet up too.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/UnderlordWas released August 23rd. 

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Monkey_KingScheduled for a release within the next few months.

And please, don't make me get out a list of all the times League has had to disable heroes because of bugs. I'm aware no company is perfect, but it's confirmed that League runs on an entangled mess of code that leads to everything breaking. All I'll say is release Syndra. Release Azir. Yorick. All the glitches with Heimerdinger. 

League's tutorial takes place on the ARAM map and tells you to build Thornmail on Ashe. Needless to say, that's a very bad first impression. DOTA's tutorial involves multiple stages including actually farming, getting to know items and how spells work, etc. League's tutorial is extremely barebones and new players are almost thrust into the experience with no real explanations. Also considering I can get into a game of DOTA in under 5 minutes, which is something League of Legends definitely cannot say with it's new "improved" hero select, clearly nobody else in the world plays DOTA.

So, what exactly am I making up? 

How about both sides just accept people like different games, shut up and act like adults. Because it's fine to think either League or DOTA are better than the other but this sort of bickering does us no good.

It can make DOTA players look like elitest arseholes and League like people suffering stockholm syndrome. It's pretty pointless and there's misinformation on both sides. And as a DOTA player I'm sick of being painted as elitest due to this attitude

Instead we could be discussing the sheet with Riot monte and reg about how shitty Riot handle LCS teams.

Hmm, with Yorick's new kit, I don't think he's going to need Manamune anymore. Cleaver might still be the first item of choice, though I'm not to sure with this kit anymore. Maybe Trinity Force. Or possibly Iceborn Gauntlet, since he's allegedly a Juggernaut now.

Also, for those who are interested in Yorick's (current) new numbers, check this out: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/08/823-pbe-update.html#more

Both of his skins are damn badass. TOTALLY makes it worth having Pentakill Yorick. Also, the numbers of Maiden of the Mist right now are NUTS. At rank 3 the jabroni has a minimum of 3000 HP, and then she adds on 30% of Yorick's current HP.

Shard, if League is such a s*** game then why are you posting in the 'League of Legends' thread? If you want to circlejerk about how DoTA and SC2 are better, feel free to make respective threads for those and discuss there.

Berating people for choosing to play one game over another is ridiculous. If someone enjoys League over DoTA, they shouldn't have to justify it. 

The only thing I'm gonna say about the LoL/Dota debate this time around is that coming into the LoL thread to tell someone LoL is a sheet game and they shouldn't play it is preeeeetty uncool. But anyway, let's all move on with our lives, shall we?

Instead we could be discussing the s*** with Riot monte and reg about how shitty Riot handle LCS teams.

Yeaaaaah, I did not realize how bad the financial situation is. It's kinda weird because Riot is fantastic at running esports events, but evidently not at upkeeping the league, for lack of a better term. Hopefully this outcry will be enough for them to work on sponsorship or something so teams can actually make some money. 'Cause on paper the LCS system is good, and it would be a shame if it got funked over by mismanagement.

Although I suppose from Riot's perspective, the real message here is that they need to take away Marc Merrill's social media privileges.

Hmm, with Yorick's new kit, I don't think he's going to need Manamune anymore. Cleaver might still be the first item of choice, though I'm not to sure with this kit anymore. Maybe Trinity Force. Or possibly Iceborn Gauntlet, since he's allegedly a Juggernaut now.

Also, for those who are interested in Yorick's (current) new numbers, check this out: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/08/823-pbe-update.html#more

Both of his skins are damn badass. TOTALLY makes it worth having Pentakill Yorick. Also, the numbers of Maiden of the Mist right now are NUTS. At rank 3 the b**** has a minimum of 3000 HP, and then she adds on 30% of Yorick's current HP.

I bet throwing a Zz'rot in there somewhere would be really good. You can plop down the Maiden, plop down a portal, and bam, your opponents need to either respond or lose a turret reeeeally fast.

Both of his skins are damn badass. TOTALLY makes it worth having Pentakill Yorick. Also, the numbers of Maiden of the Mist right now are NUTS. At rank 3 the jabroni has a minimum of 3000 HP, and then she adds on 30% of Yorick's current HP.

Yeah you can pretty much toss Manamune.  His mana costs (at least on the PBE) are right where they need to be.  Though I could see Riot justifying an increased mana cost on his Q.  The amount of free harass you get from summoning ghouls is pretty nuts.  Though, maybe they should just increase it on the end of summoning the ghouls instead of increasing it on the last hit mechanic.  Would be a justifiable nerf and not just a straight hit.

Right now, I like how Tri-force and Iceborn Gauntlet into straight tank sounds.  I could see picking up cleaver, but Yorick's sticking power (even with the slow on his E) is really low.  I'd much rather get Tri-force to compliment the big ass move speed boost you get when moving towards targets who are affected by your Mourning Mist.  And since your ghouls deal physical damage, you would get the movespeed bonus for a long time from Tri-force.  Throw in a Spirit Visage, and suddenly you're unkillable.

Yeaaaaah, I did not realize how bad the financial situation is. It's kinda weird because Riot is fantastic at running esports events, but evidently not at upkeeping the league, for lack of a better term. Hopefully this outcry will be enough for them to work on sponsorship or something so teams can actually make some money. 'Cause on paper the LCS system is good, and it would be a shame if it got funked over by mismanagement.

Although I suppose from Riot's perspective, the real message here is that they need to take away Marc Merrill's social media privileges.

I bet throwing a Zz'rot in there somewhere would be really good. You can plop down the Maiden, plop down a portal, and bam, your opponents need to either respond or lose a turret reeeeally fast.

RE: Regi / Tryndamere / Monte.  I'm gonna side with Monte and crew.  Even Weldon went in.  Tryndamere is starving the teams.  The fact that their last stipend was 3 years ago is embarrassing.  They're pros.  They should paid like pros.

I want Aatrox buffs

Careful.  Morello might hear you.  Sleeper op.

The best part is that Riot not only underpays players and orgs, but go out of there way to prevent them getting supplemental income through sponsors - essentially gutting the ability of orgs to make money. It's hilariously bad given how often they talk about building stability in the scene - unfairly infringing on an orgs ability to make money is the best way to drive them out.

Like trying to prevent TSM from having a sponsor ad on there own YouTube account seems crazy.

I feel bad for the casters for similar reasons.

The best part is that Riot not only underpays players and orgs, but go out of there way to prevent them getting supplemental income through sponsors - essentially gutting the ability of orgs to make money. It's hilariously bad given how often they talk about building stability in the scene - unfairly infringing on an orgs ability to make money is the best way to drive them out.

Like trying to prevent TSM from having a sponsor ad on there own YouTube account seems crazy.

I feel bad for the casters for similar reasons.

Tbh, as much as I love the players (TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM) I'm a bigger fan of the casters.  Especially Monte.  When I first discovered the competitive LoL scene, it was through the Korean teams, and Monte was casting.  And his casting is captive, accurate, smooth, and engaging.  By far my favorite caster.  Coupled with what used to be DoA I believe (rip I think he casts overwatch now) they were my favorite team of casters.  Now granted, the casters aren't the ones down there on stage putting in the other work (cuz the casters work just as hard), the fact that Riot's Casters aren't being paid a standard market rate is astonishing and stupid.

If Tryndamere doesn't make a move, the pros are gonna riot.

Pun intended.

Tbh, as much as I love the players (TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM) I'm a bigger fan of the casters.  Especially Monte.  When I first discovered the competitive LoL scene, it was through the Korean teams, and Monte was casting.  And his casting is captive, accurate, smooth, and engaging.  By far my favorite caster.  Coupled with what used to be DoA I believe (rip I think he casts overwatch now) they were my favorite team of casters.  Now granted, the casters aren't the ones down there on stage putting in the other work (cuz the casters work just as hard), the fact that Riot's Casters aren't being paid a standard market rate is astonishing and stupid.

If Tryndamere doesn't make a move, the pros are gonna riot.

Pun intended.

Do note, it's possible Riot's casters get paid a fine amount. Monte said him and the other Korean casters were offered less than the freelance standard, but that could just be because Riot has casters of its own, so they don't need the freelancers like other companies do. As far as I know there's never really been any direct info on Riot casters' salaries, although I could be wrong on that.

Dude, I have to ask, since you're testing even my patience here: What is your funking problem, seriously?

Why are you so damn obsessed with belittling LoL with your every god damn breath? If you don't play it, fine. It shouldn't fracking matter to you nor should anyone who plays the god damn game. Is your ego so damn fragile you need to attack anything you can? Is that it? Or do you just get pleasure in flaunting your damn opinions all the time. You spout stuff like "DotA players are chill", then go and do the exact same opposite to what you're saying. Right now, you are being far more toxic than any LoL player I have EVER seen, and I've seen a lot of a toxic players. If you don't like LoL, funking FINE! Make or bump the DotA 2 thread in there so you can rave about it all the time. But stop funking posting in here with nothing but negative crap when you don't even play the funking game. You're as bad as the funking Westboro Babptist Church when it comes to ham-fisting your opinions into people's faces.

Or is this all because you're Shard, and you need to create drama and sheet on something? If that's the case, you're as bad as Yuuji, if not worse.

Archived