League of Legends

Shrekstasy

Nice to pop in here, but been reviewing who I would consider trying out first (to try the game, and also as possible mains if I enjoy them) if I decide to get the gain. Current list is Katarina, Ahri, and Nidalee (in no particular order) but I feel like I don't know enough about the actual game yet. Any help? :P

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Err, be more specific. There's A LOT of League to take in.

Also, Ziggs master turret breaker. Like for reals, thanks to his W and passive I took out no less than 8 turrets. Humorously all of the blue base turrets, and the two middle ones. So I literally made an arrow shape pointing right at their nexus. Allahu Akbar indeed.

Nice to pop in here, but been reviewing who I would consider trying out first (to try the game, and also as possible mains if I enjoy them) if I decide to get the gain. Current list is Katarina, Ahri, and Nidalee (in no particular order) but I feel like I don't know enough about the actual game yet. Any help? :P

Play every free champion each week.

Basically try every single champion in the game.  Even if you don't like certain ones, it's good to try them so you know what they do which will help you play against them.

When you're first starting out, you need to focus on two things.  

1. Farming.  You want to last hit minions, meaning score the last hit and get the finishing blow, which gives you gold.

Get your cs (creep score aka number of minions slain) as high as freaking possible.  It's a skill that takes a while to get the hang of but it is essential.  (Note this doesn't apply when playing support as you're supporting your AD carry who needs all the minions)

2. Don't die.  It sounds obvious, but most less experienced (or just bad) players die way too much to avoidable deaths.  Avoid dying at all costs. 

That #2 point is incredibly important actually. It's not uncommon for the less-skilful to constantly keep putting themselves in danger when they should hug the tower and play it safe. It won't always help, but your survivability does skyrocket when you're near a tower... unless the opponent is a fed champion with a bullshit initiate and escape like Zed or Fizz.

Play every free champion each week.

Basically try every single champion in the game.  Even if you don't like certain ones, it's good to try them so you know what they do which will help you play against them.

When you're first starting out, you need to focus on two things.  

1. Farming.  You want to last hit minions, meaning score the last hit and get the finishing blow, which gives you gold.

Get your cs (creep score aka number of minions slain) as high as freaking possible.  It's a skill that takes a while to get the hang of but it is essential.  (Note this doesn't apply when playing support as you're supporting your AD carry who needs all the minions)

2. Don't die.  It sounds obvious, but most less experienced (or just bad) players die way too much to avoidable deaths.  Avoid dying at all costs. 

I'd like to elaborate on point 2, because it's a little vague.

It's hard to just not die.  I've seen champs get tower dived at 3/4 to almost full hp, with nothing they can do to escape.  But that comes down to two subpoints:

• Ward and create vision for yourself/your team
  • Communicate with pings

In addition to not staying in lane when you're under 50% hp (if you're not sure if the enemy laner has backed or they're missing, just base), you should try to maintain vision around your lane at least 50% of the time.  If you have a spare 75g when you back and buy items, try to get a pink ward.  Knowing that enemy champions are approaching your lane and having advanced time to leave the area and prevent a death is much more valuable than staying at your tower and dying just to get 4-5 extra creeps.

In addition, when your enemy laner is missing, ping it.  The G button on your keyboard can be held and pressed to bring up an array of options.  Drag your mouse over the missing enemy indicator, and release.  This will signal your team that an enemy is not in their lane, and could be looking to gank other friendly lanes and kill one of your allies.

That's how you prevent yourself from dying.

I love how mature players are. I'mm playing Illaoi top, against a funking Quinn. Being at such a titanic disadvantage, I ask our TF to swap about 4 minutes in, because he was facing Fiora in mid. He said "no". And then acted like a spoiled funking brat because "WAH WAH! I DON WANNA FACE QUINN! SHE BE EVEN MORE ANNOYING!". Doesn't help the stupid jabroni built Archangel's before anything else anyways. I mean funk, do people not understand basic strategy like "We would better off if we swapped?" Oh, the Fiora went 6/0 too. (The guy was also a level 7 TF!)

Game five was such a throw in the finals, man.

Who the hell flashes INTO an Ashe arrow?
Why did you choose Poppy yet AGAIN when she wasn't doing anything while Trundle kept winning games in his split pushing?

Jhin? You know you can't 1v4. right? And maybe don't ult Braum? 

And lol, Blank should be retired now with how Bengi keeps hypercarrying. I think there should be some rules against constant sub swaps in the same best of five series. It keeps just tilting things for SKT, did the same thing against ROX. 

It was so...damn...close in the beginning. 

Game 5 was Ruler's fault.  Why the funk did he Youmuu's and walk INTO three people he had vision of.  

As far as ulting Braum, he doesn't have much choice.  Braum was picked to stop Jhin's ulti.  Jhin ultis, Braum shields, Jhin is useless.  He could wait longer to use the ulti, but his timing was fine imo most of the time.  But his positioning was sheet in game 5.  Games 3/4 were immaculate for Ruler and Ambition.  Ambition really, really stepped up for his team.  He just couldn't carry them all.  

Crown's game 5 was kinda eh.  The flash from the arrow--I guess--he thought it would go wider (it was at an angle and the arrow has a huge hitbox).  I question the ghost.  Why?  You see Ashe, Braum, and Viktor, and you take Ghost over Cleanse?  C'mon bruh.

I was hyped for SSG Cassio skin but eh, it was still a solid series.  Comeback of the year really.  GG SKT!  I wonder if Faker will retire with three championships under his belt, or try to get himself 3 more?  We'll see!

I play him top. It's honestly pretty fun poking all the melees, though I had to time against Renekton.

Also, funk KENNEN! No really, funk that little jabroni. All he's good for is his ult because it AoE stuns, that's it. He just builds bulky, gets MORE resistances from his dash, and he spams that funking ult. funk... KENNEN!

Kennen's who build tanky don't know what the funk they're doing.  If my Kennen picks up a funking Randuins and Warmogs, we fighting IRL.

Your first items should be Protobelt and Zhonya's.  After that, build accordingly.  But if you don't have those two and Sorcs, you can funk off.  Standard build ends up looking something like:

Sorc Shoes

Protobelt
Zhonya's Hourglass

Abyssal Scepter

Void Staff

Rylai's Crystal Scepter

So can we talk about Elementalist Lux? And her literally 10 different forms? And the fact that I'm really tempted to throw $35 at Rito to get her even though I barely play Lux? I have been getting back into playing mid so I could pick her up, but eh... the skin is funking awesome, though.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/11/elementalist-lux-teaser-2.html

So can we talk about Elementalist Lux? And her literally 10 different forms? And the fact that I'm really tempted to throw $35 at Rito to get her even though I barely play Lux? I have been getting back into playing mid so I could pick her up, but eh... the skin is f***ing awesome, though.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/11/elementalist-lux-teaser-2.html

Too bad you can't swap at will or to more than 3 skins a game.

Still cool, though.

And the best part is how she has 500-700 lines and 10 laughs

Now THAT

That is worth your money.

Archived