RWBY

I never actually thought about how this volume would work before now, but reading the video description:

"It's been several months since the Fall of Beacon, and the world of Remnant is still recovering. Tensions are high, lives have been lost, and the members of Team RWBY... are divided. Each of our heroines now faces a journey of their own."

That sounds super interesting, seeing everyone's separate growth and adventures.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, Gorilla Grimm. Interesting.

Honestly, I'm liking the new animation style they've got going for this trailer. It feels more enhanced in my eyes, and the Grimm definitely look more badass because of it.

Thing is, I'd have liked to see Ruby use that power she used on that Grimm Dragon here. We still don't know much about it yet :/

Honestly, I'm liking the new animation style they've got going for this trailer. It feels more enhanced in my eyes, and the Grimm definitely look more badass because of it.

Same here. When I was watching the trailer all I could think of, besides how much I can't wait for the new season to drop, was, "why does this look so much better?"

Easy, because it does. The new animation style really lets them put more detail into the show than before. The Grimm look more detailed and vicious while Ruby does indeed look older, if only by months. It hardly looks like the same character.

Thing is, I'd have liked to see Ruby use that power she used on that Grimm Dragon here. We still don't know much about it yet :/

I don't think they'd have her using her "Silver Eyes" thing in a trailer. It's a very big plot point so to have it in the trailer seems a bit off- as it might imply she has learned to harness it or something.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 1]Really cool first episode. Everything looks a lot nicer and these new character seem neat. We've got Chris Sabat voicing another guy with a moustache, can't complain about that. I didn't expect Cinder to have lost an eye and most of her voice from Ruby's attack at the end of the last volume.

Jaune's new look is cool, but way to remind us of Pyrrha's death right off the bat. :(

[spoiler=Thoughts on Vol 4 Ch 1]

Great first episode, the animation seems on point and looks nicer as well. The new characters seem really interesting in their own ways (Though I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't pick up on Chris Sabat's voice from the 'tached bloke). Didn't expect Cinder to lose an eye or most of her voice after Ruby's attack on her at the end of the last volume. I mean I expected some sort of physical injuries, but I didn't think there'd be vocal injuries either tbph.

I will admit, the scene where Ruby laughed at Jaune's hoodie was hilarious.

[spoiler=Chapter 2]Oh snap I didn't realize Klein was J. Michael Tatum after his only line in the first episode, that's awesome. Looks like he's like Launch or something, different personalities that can change when he sneezes? All the scenes with Weiss this episode were cool, the animations in her body language were really well done.

How can someone have two seats on a council? Seems silly, but Ironwood's awesome so whatever.

That final scene, though. RWBY y u gotta make me cry. Though it seems like Ruby's new silver eye powers are starting to awaken or something.

[spoiler=Thoughts on V4Ch2]

It baffled me how someone can hold two seats on a council, but whatever. Though I will say Jacques idea of holding a charity concert with Weiss performing seems rather interesting and Klein is also a cool character with noticeable personality.

That last scene, certainly some feels there.

• 3 weeks later...

And no ones talking about Vol. 4. Chapter 4...

[spoiler=Ep. 4's Thoughts]

• Okay...WTF is with that one kid?! And...
  • WTF?! I HEARD HIS voice!!!
  • Qrow in a skirt...as creepy is that is, I think fans would riot if they don't get it.
  • Speaking of Qrow, so sweet that he's keeping an eye on Ruby and them.
  • Also...Raven is "Mother of the Year" /sarcam >_>

[spoiler=New episode]Oh man this one was awesome. Bit of backstory on Ren, cool interactions with Weiss and her finally doing a full summon, and a really badass fight which seemed to flow really well. I'll be honest that I forgot about Nora's semblance for a second and got worried when Ruby shot her, and Tyrion being a scorpion faunus is really awesome. Also, Qrow time!

[spoiler=Thoughts on 6]

RNJR lost map count: 3

It was nice seeing some backstory regarding Ren, though I don't think we've seen his semblance yet iirc. Weiss performing a full summon was cool with it being the creature she dealt with in Professor Port's class in Volume 1. Dunno why, but when Tyrian was saying "who I am matters not to you or you or.." the first thing I thought of was the one scene from YGOTAS when Ghost Nappa was going wtf regarding everyone's hair.

Also, I find it weird that Weiss was not credited in the credits for this episode.

[spoiler=Thoughts on 6]

RNJR lost map count: 3

It was nice seeing some backstory regarding Ren, though I don't think we've seen his semblance yet iirc. Weiss performing a full summon was cool with it being the creature she dealt with in Professor Port's class in Volume 1. Dunno why, but when Tyrian was saying "who I am matters not to you or you or.." the first thing I thought of was the one scene from YGOTAS when Ghost Nappa was going wtf regarding everyone's hair.

Also, I find it weird that Weiss was not credited in the credits for this episode.

[spoiler=Continuing on 6]

Welp, its obvious on Qrow's Semblance now...which EVERYONE knew was gonna happen. It's still too cool xD I literally saw that and I'm like..."Ohhhhhhhhhh sh*t! It's about to go down!!" xD

And the Weiss scene, I literally saw Frozen based on this. Except rather than freezing the ballroom, we summon a boar Grimm.

Also, can we appreciate the fact that Alejandro Saab (KaggyVA) came back to flirt with Weiss in a new character annnnnnnd the voices of TFS (Lanipator, Kaiserneko, and Amber (the voice of 18)) being in this episode. I love it ^^

Archived