RWBY

[spoiler=*watches episode*]

I see. So the first two and a half volumes were all meant...simply to lure us into a false sense of security.

I didn't think it would get even darker, but it DID. IT DID.

Holy s***. Just, holy s***.

I never actually had much expectations for RWBY plotwise after Volume 1, but well, I am now EXTREMELY looking forward to Volume 4. This is some Game of Thrones crap right here. This mixup in cast and setting is gonna be absolutely awesome~!

We didn't get to see much of Ozpin unfortunately, but I figure that he's still around. Is Ruby the Summer Maiden, or is it just a silver eyes thing? Eh, either way, that was seriously amazing. I'm sure we'll get to see her superpowered side in action next time~

Now please excuse me while I go be depressed about Pyrrha.

[spoiler=In response]

Ozpin's limited screen time of ~30 seconds or so at least reveals a decent tidbit of how he fights, as well as WHAT his semblance actually is - Time Dilation.

His current status is merely MIA at the moment, so he should make a return in the future.

As for Ruby, she is not the Summer Maiden; in fact, she's not any maiden (though RT did have us going there for a while. Take a closer look at Summer Rose in STRQ's team photo, and see the similarity between her and Ruby, like the eyes) The whole Silver-Eyed Warrior thing pre-dates even the Maidens, seeing as how it goes further back than the conception of Huntsmen and Kingdoms - Qrow mentions this when he talks of Ozpin telling him of Remnant's legends, that while some were false, there were some in Remnant's history that had truth to them.

Calling it now, RubyxJaune will be canon at some point

Lancaster, gogogo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 4 of the RWBY manga was cool. Basically the White Trailer, since the manga's still introducing characters I guess, but we got to see into Weiss's thoughts a bit during, which was nice. Next is Blake, so probably some Black Trailer stuff.

Chapter 4 of the RWBY manga was cool. Basically the White Trailer, since the manga's still introducing characters I guess, but we got to see into Weiss's thoughts a bit during, which was nice. Next is Blake, so probably some Black Trailer stuff.

So, there is one thing about the Chapter 4 of the manga that's been bugging me.

[spoiler=Spoiler]HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THE SDC HAVE A GRIMM-POSSESSED ARMOR?

Seriously, if that's not foreshadowing that they're into much shadier sheet than previously thought, I don't know WHAT is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, after how the last volume was I could definitely use some happy. That's what I was thinking when I saw the announcement.

Same here.

Though after Volume 3's ending there was really only two things I could think of:

1.) John needs to get Phyrra's shield

2.) John needs to be the one who kills Cinder. No one else can have that privilege.

1.) Jaune needs to get Phyrra's shield

2.) Jaune needs to be the one who kills Cinder. No one else can have that privilege.

FTFY. Jaune is French for yellow and is pronounced with a zh sound at the beginning (zh is the sound of "s" in treasure).

In all honesty, though, only the first one is likely to happen, assuming it didn't also get disintegrated when Cinder disintegrated almost all of Pyrrha. I really do want Jaune to be an important character and to actually pull that off, but signs are that Cinder is going to kill Jaune:

• Each of Team JNPR is based on genderbent versions of characters that at some point cross-dressed (Pyrrah=Achilles, Jaune=Joan of Arc, Nora=Thor, Ren=Mulan).

• Pyrrha died as a result of one or more arrows, similar to how Achilles died (the arrow to the heel further increases this analogy). For this reason, it's very likely that all of Team JNPR will die in ways similar to their corresponding characters. For Jaune, that means being burned alive, which is extremely consistent with what Cinder could do to him. (This also implies that Nora will die after being poisoned, possibly by a giant serpent. Nobody actually knows how Mulan died, or if she even existed, but a common theory is that she committed suicide.)

As I mentioned before, I REALLY want Jaune to be important and to maybe have the original plans of Ruby and Jaune becoming a couple restored (apparently this was a plan before Pyrrha was drafted up), but it seems like the only really character essentially guaranteed to stay alive for almost all the show is Ruby, and even then, they could even kill her off in the final episode as part of her kamikaze attack to defeat the villain and/or to have an evil victory.

• 3 weeks later...

So those who went to the RWBY Tugg screenings, got to see a sneak peek of RWBY Chibi after the credits (Which will begin May 7th)

[spoiler=Thoughts on the sneak peek of RWBY Chibi]

- It was kawaii as funk, and rather funny as well, one part I enjoyed was Weiss skating on ice and the camera pans back and reveals Ruby trapped in it.

So those who went to the RWBY Tugg screenings, got to see a sneak peek of RWBY Chibi after the credits (Which will begin May 7th)

- It was kawaii as funk, and rather funny as well, one part I enjoyed was Weiss skating on ice and the camera pans back and reveals Ruby trapped in it.

So it's basically going to be a spin-off comedy?

I'm on board for that.

- It was kawaii as f***, and rather funny as well, one part I enjoyed was Weiss skating on ice and the camera pans back and reveals Ruby trapped in it.

That sounds hilarious :3

[spoiler=also here's something I found that should help pass the time on the RWBY Chibi wait X3]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBnNYtFeqgQ

Archived