RWBY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=ergh]

Pyrrha was my favorite character. Damn it all.

I felt this coming for a little while, but I wanted to be wrong. I hope some deus ex machina bullshit ends up saving her.

The Ozpin-Cinder fight was a cool opener, but it was a shame that's all we got. I have a feeling we'll get more scenes from that fight in future flashbacks though.

Everything else was pretty fine by me. I would've "enjoyed" a reaction from Jaune at Pyrrha dying too, but eh.

[spoiler=Things]

I don't think Pyrrha is dead just yet. It's a distinct possibility of course, but what Cinder did to her looks a LOT like what Cinder does when she creates / sends objects away. It's possible that they just took her prisoner for the moment, while she was injured and easy to take captive.

I dunno, just kinda got to thinking about it.

*Sniff sniff*

[spoiler=Yeah...]

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?!?!? I mean...C'MON MAN!!! T~T

Alright...I'm composed now...somewhat....I just, I just really don't think Pyhrra is dead. Im not in denial...I just, her last words to Cinder were cryptic...and I'm fairly certain it's going to show somewhere along the line. And I'm sort of glad they didn't show Jaune's reaction...tbh, I think I would've been more depressed at that if they did. His reaction to being shot into the city was enough for me...Arkos...I'm still keeping it!!! T~T

*Ahem* Anyway, now to Ruby. Her little ability there, was actually pretty interesting. I wondered why Ozpin had commented about that in Vol. 1...now we know why. And my theory is that's sorta WHY Summer was killed. A silver eyed warrior that was in the way of people's plans.

Speaking of Oz, even with the little bit of fight we saw, I have to saw that was amazing! I wished it was a bit longer, as does everyone else...but beggars can't be choosers.

Hate the fact that Weiss left, Blake left, and they WON'T DO ANYTHING FOR YANG AND HER MISSING ARM!!!! T~T ...sorry...and Tai-yang as Burnie, I sorta saw coming.

Qrow at the end jumping off the cliff and turning into a crow was actually awesome. So now we know his Semblance...which I never would've guessed it being. Though at the same time...would explain the constant crow in almost every scene...

Lastly: the ending before the credits. We finally see the woman talking to Ozpin from Vol. 1. I am actually impressed with her design. Salem, I am actually liking her a lot more now than Cinder...who is a total b**** >_> ...sorry, being childish again...I'm alright...no I'm not!! >_<

[spoiler=lol]

Anyone else find Cynder's reaction to Ruby doing the thing really hilarious?

[spoiler=]I was about as surprised at her reaction as she was at Ruby. It was a bit out of character for her to lose her composure like that, but perhaps she knew what Ruby's power was. Even if that's not the case, it was completely out of the blue.

It's interesting now that we have Ozpin and Salem who both don't follow the whole Color Naming Rule thing.

[spoiler=things]I HIGHLY doubt that Ruby's "silver eyes" are ACTUALLY some kind of special power because A. 'speshul eyes'??? Really?? funk no. That's such a cop out. B. if it is speshul eyes then we can just throw expectations out the window because Ruby is the protagonist and will get random unforshadowed powers whenever they're needed because protagonist.

I think it's FAR more likely that she's the Summer or Winter maiden, leaning towards Winter, and that Qrow was just bullshitting her and trying to protect her from having that weight on her shoulders. We saw what it did to Pyrrha, someone far more mature and emotionally stable than Ruby. Plus, the Maiden powers were actually properly forshadowed instead of ONE line from Ozpin that could have meant ANYTHING in Episode freaking One. 

I'm going to sit here and believe Ruby is the Winter Maiden until explicitly proven otherwise.

[spoiler=things]I HIGHLY doubt that Ruby's "silver eyes" are ACTUALLY some kind of special power because A. 'speshul eyes'??? Really?? funk no. That's such a cop out. B. if it is speshul eyes then we can just throw expectations out the window because Ruby is the protagonist and will get random unforshadowed powers whenever they're needed because protagonist.

I think it's FAR more likely that she's the Summer or Winter maiden, leaning towards Winter, and that Qrow was just bullshitting her and trying to protect her from having that weight on her shoulders. We saw what it did to Pyrrha, someone far more mature and emotionally stable than Ruby. Plus, the Maiden powers were actually properly forshadowed instead of ONE line from Ozpin that could have meant ANYTHING in Episode freaking One. 

I'm going to sit here and believe Ruby is the Winter Maiden until explicitly proven otherwise.

[spoiler=]Unforeshadowed? Her silver eyes being special was literally foreshadowed in the first episode (said foreshadowing explicitly being referenced in the finale), they've clearly been planning it from the beginning. It's like how Shanks used Haki on that one Sea King in the first chapter of One Piece despite it not even getting a name until Chapter 243 and not getting an explanation on what it actually is until Chapter 503.

People typically plan things in advance. Just because the explanation doesn't come until much later doesn't make it an ass pull or anything. The Maiden Powers weren't any more or less foreshadowed, they just got explained rather quickly after they were first brought up.

[spoiler=ergh]

Pyrrha was my favorite character. Damn it all.

I felt this coming for a little while, but I wanted to be wrong. I hope some deus ex machina bullshit ends up saving her.

The Ozpin-Cinder fight was a cool opener, but it was a shame that's all we got. I have a feeling we'll get more scenes from that fight in future flashbacks though.

Everything else was pretty fine by me. I would've "enjoyed" a reaction from Jaune at Pyrrha dying too, but eh.

[spoiler=Yup]

Doesn't it just make you feel better that her death was like that of Krillen? Basically only to serve to activate the protagonist's Super Saiyan Mary Sue Powers? Man, such great writing for one of the best characters, lemme tell ya.

[spoiler=Jen Brown's (Pyrrha's VA) tweet]

"To start let me just say it has been a true honor to play such a vibrant character. Playing Pyrrha meant the absolute world to me and getting to see how much she meant to many of you as well means a lot.

The entire Rooster Teeth team and RWBY crew deserves so much praise for how beautifully the show was handled. I have known from the minute I was cast 3 years ago that this would be Pyrrha's fate. It was Monty's intention from the start. And although it is kind of a relief to no longer have to keep it to myself, I am very sad that her journey has come to an end. Watching that final scene was beyond emotional for me. When you've invested so much into a character it is hard to let them go.

Most importantly I thank Monty. I miss him every day and thank him for trusting me with Pyrrha. Monty also intended for me to play other roles after Pyrrha's exit and although I have no further details right now... I fully trust that Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross will stay true to his wishes and have me back as someone new. I love those guys.

I end by giving my heartfelt gratitude to you the viewer. You guys are seriously the best. And for the last time, I'm sorry!

Oh yeah, and also... Long live Lisa Lavender!!!"

Basically, Pyrrha is confirmed dead.

[spoiler=Other discussion points]

The first episode of season 1 hinted at nearly everything. Cinder demonstrated the maiden's powers when she blocked Ruby's shots with no effort. Salem and Ozpin had narration banter at the very beginning; the camera pans to the "smaller, more honest soul" - Ruby. Ozpin's first comment to her "You have...silver eyes," hinting at the silver-eyed warrior legends. And to be honest, Qrow seems like the kind of person to not beat around the bush. Not when his team leader had the same ability that his niece now has - a power that Ozpin has stated was around before kingdoms were established and huntsmen were a concept; silver-eyed warriors are thus implied to have been around since the dawn of man.

RWBY has its full backbone established because of a joint effort through Monty, Miles, and Kerry; the production team has mentioned this. It's somewhere between 12-20 total seasons of RWBY planned out in its entirety, detailing the journey ahead from Ruby as a 15-year old, all the way to her adulthood. Characters will be getting A LOT of development in that time.

[spoiler=Confirmed]

Confirmed: They made Pyrrha into Krillen. Kill her off just to activate Super Mary Sue powers. Way to screw over one of your best characters, Rooster Teeth.

[spoiler=Well...]

At least it wasn't the best character, Coco. Seriously though, I can't be the only one still hung up over how her gun can literally slice a Nevermore in half, but the bullets do nothing to Palidins/trees.

Flesh vs metal plate. Paladins were probably created with the intent of NOT being team-killed by friendly fire from Hunters/Huntresses.

I'd agree, but we see that her ammo has almost no effect on Griffon Grimm too. The only possible explanation I can give is that during Breach, she infused all of her Aura in her barrage, so it had a devastating effect, but in Battle of Beacon and Heroes and Monsters, she's fighting an almost unending wave of enemies and has to save on the juice to avoid dropping down too soon.

How long was RWBY in the works for?

That is pretty cool that some stuff was planned out to that extent. Hopefully they can get to it all before the show ends.

I heard they have somewhere between 12 and 20 seasons/volumes planned for the show in total, and, according to my sources, much of it is already "written". They'll add and change some stuff on the fly, such as Jaune and Ruby's team-attack names (all being the names created by the fan-base for the shipping pairings) and Velvet's battle outfit (which was made in a contest), but the big details are already planned out, if my sources are to be believed. I'd even go so far as to believe that the entire story is already planned out, even episode by episode.

I heard they have somewhere between 12 and 20 seasons/volumes planned for the show in total, and, according to my sources, much of it is already "written". They'll add and change some stuff on the fly, such as Jaune and Ruby's team-attack names (all being the names created by the fan-base for the shipping pairings) and Velvet's battle outfit (which was made in a contest), but the big details are already planned out, if my sources are to be believed. I'd even go so far as to believe that the entire story is already planned out, even episode by episode.

I don't see how they can extend it that long, but as long as it's done well, I'm fine with that.

If they're meticulously planning it out that much, then that's a good sign.

I don't see how they can extend it that long, but as long as it's done well, I'm fine with that.

If they're meticulously planning it out that much, then that's a good sign.

Iirc, 1 season is 3 volumes. Thats what my friends tell me anyways, so just spit-balling numbers here, if they go 21 volumes, then they'll have 7 seasons. Could be wrong though, so ya know.

[spoiler=*watches episode*]

I see. So the first two and a half volumes were all meant...simply to lure us into a false sense of security.

I didn't think it would get even darker, but it DID. IT DID.

Holy sheet. Just, holy sheet.

I never actually had much expectations for RWBY plotwise after Volume 1, but well, I am now EXTREMELY looking forward to Volume 4. This is some Game of Thrones crap right here. This mixup in cast and setting is gonna be absolutely awesome~!

We didn't get to see much of Ozpin unfortunately, but I figure that he's still around. Is Ruby the Summer Maiden, or is it just a silver eyes thing? Eh, either way, that was seriously amazing. I'm sure we'll get to see her superpowered side in action next time~

Now please excuse me while I go be depressed about Pyrrha.

Archived