RWBY

It is important to keep in mind that Penny is a prototype, the first and only of her kind, so interfacing to back up data may not have been an option. Not to mention that much of what made Penny herself was the experiences (albeit few, but impactful) she gained with Ruby, so it is quite likely that if a new Penny was built, it wouldn't be the one we know and love.

Not to mention that it is super possible that her father is just funking dead. It was a pretty bad day, especially for those in atlas ships.

Roman's death was very abrupt, and mostly unwarranted, but it is important to keep in mind that initially he was only going to be in the first season. I can't really imagine how he would have fit into the plot developments with volume 4. An interesting point to remember, though, is that Neopolitan is definitely still alive, and very strong, so we may see her again in some capacity.

Okay, so, that's totally fair, yeah. If they bring it up again, and they say something about the protoype information not being nearly enough to recreate her, maybe that works too! It's not so much I want her to be rebuilt, I want them to ACKNOWLEDGE why she can't be, and not just... Coast by it without bringing it up ever again. Her father being dead would totally work with that idea, I mentioned that in my post. -v-

I just really want it to not be an idiot ball moment.

Roman's death is an issue of, "You've made this character that's so interesting, that people love to see, and you're not even going to try to make use of him?" It's an issue that they could have very well made room for him, Cinder could have brought him along after he made his use more apparent, it could have been added tension among the group or something. But saying that he wouldn't fit in isn't really a good reason, when they could have made the room for a character that's as well received as Roman. Especially since the reason they KEPT Roman was that he was as well received as he was. It's like they forgot why they kept him.

Neo though, I still very much hope to see next season. I'll be disappointed if they just put her on a bus...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roman's death was so abrupt I didn't think he had actually died for the longest time, I figure he would come back later, it wasn't until people were talking about it that I realized he was actually dead. And speaking of villains I hope we really get into stuff with Adam next volume.

[spoiler=Thoughts on Volume 4 finale]

Not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting the Grimm to have stretchy arms to be perfectly honest. I would've liked Ren to do more in the fight, but the fight was fine nonetheless.

The scene when Ruby was writing the letter to Yang had a lot of emotion between the insert song and how Ruby spoke.

It was interesting to see Weiss get out safely and Yang catching up on her bike, and her new attire is pretty neat as well.

The post-credits scene with Qrow and Oscar was cool. I'm also interested in seeing how the Oscar/Ozpin thing will pan out.

Can we please just call him Ozcar.

[spoiler=A thought I had, having just watched world of remnant: the great war]

It mentions the King of Vale going into battle, armed only with his sword and scepter. Off of this line, I have two crackpot theories.

I think the king is the old man/ozpin. It would explain the immense power he somehow managed to wield. The scepter could be what is now the cane, used to control his powers to great effect, like we saw when Ozpin fought cinder.

Here is the doozy. I think the king is also Jaune's great-great grandfather, meaning the sword he used is the sword Jaune now carries. Since the very beginning, I have thought Jaune was destined for greatness, beyond that of everyone else. In the original opening, there is that shot of Jaune looking at the statue in the courtyard, with a huntsman carrying a sword that matches crocea mors. This huntsman very well could have been the king.

Plus, if both my crackpot theories are correct, it explains why Jaune was appointed leader of JNPR, rather than Pyrrha. Ozpin, who would have the memories and experiences of the king within him, would know that Jaune was destined for greatness.

The biggest kink in this theory is that Ozpin's soul didn't inhabit Jaune. If it was an option, it would have clearly been the correct one. That said, it is very possible that it wasn't an option. Oscar seems pretty freaking random, to be honest, and even without my theory, if Ozpin could choose who his soul would inhabit, it probably would have been Qrow or Ironwood.

I was imagining a Wall-e scenario where they rebuild her body but at first she has no personality or anything and then some power of friendship happens or something that fixes her soul or something.

I understand that the end of wall-e was touching and it definitely made me cry but it was also really funking stupid.

• 1 month later...

I am aware that I'm necrobumping this thread, but I feel that this is relevant;

Recently Rooster Teeth announced windowing changes, meaning that First Members see episodes a week before non-First RT site members/public. Why is this relevant? This was brought up when non-First RT site members were confused that they couldn't watch RvB a day after it went up for First Members, and a post was made regarding this a couple of days ago. Ofc the reason why I'm bringing it up in this thread is because I want to make sure you guys (ie those of you who are non-First RT site members) are aware of this (if you aren't already) before Vol 5 starts.

I am aware that I'm necrobumping this thread, but I feel that this is relevant;

Recently Rooster Teeth announced windowing changes, meaning that First Members see episodes a week before the public. Why is this relevant? This was brought up when non-First site members were confused that they couldn't watch RvB a day after it went up for First Members, and a post was made regarding this a couple of days ago. Ofc the reason why I'm bringing it up in this thread is because I want to make sure you guys are aware of this (if you aren't already) before Vol 5 starts.

They did this with RWBY in Volume 4.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So the windowing for RWBY vol 5 has changed;

- Saturdays starting October 14 at 10am CT: FIRST members

- Tuesdays starting October 17 at 10am CT: Free for all registered RoosterTeeth.com members

- Saturdays starting October 21 (a week after airing) at 10am CT: Free for everyone on RoosterTeeth.com (and new episode premieres for FIRST members)

• 4 weeks later...

[spoiler=Volume 5, Episode 1]Nice first episode, people are closing in on Mistral. I didn't expect Oscar to meet up with the gang so quickly. Drunk Qrow reveling in his victory in finding Oz, so to speak, was pretty funny.

I'm also glad Watts seems like he's gonna be a primary antagonist this time around, I really like hearing Christ Sabat talk.

[spoiler=S5 premiere]Meh?

Skipping transitional scenes and expecting us to know what occurred is pretty poor writing. Starting the episode was extremely jarring because it felt like you were halfway through an episode, and the feeling came back with menagerie.

Ruby is getting more and more annoying with time.

Nora felt like she was being used to predict audience reactions, which is in poor taste. Felt rather condescending.

ren and jaune didn’t exist

Lionheart seems like a good character, but the scene was exposition heavy as all hell, and they could’ve had Watts listening in without the blatant dialing. It drones on forever, and we don’t even learn that much from it.

Qrow was good this episode. Entertaining, understandable, just solid.

Weiss’ scene was really good. Didn’t demonize the pilot, gave her a taste of life, and just established where she’s been because she didn’t need that shown.

Blake, however, skipped a pivotal scene for super heavy exposition. Sun and her parents was fine, but the scene with Ilya (sp?) was just... forced. And way too exposition heavy.

The Oscar scenes were fun. 

Yang’s scene was awful. “I’m going through the edgelord phase that anime characters go through when they’ve been defeated by a villain they hate... except I had already started breaking out of that, so I’ve reverted off screen”.

the scene with the douchebag bouncing after getting punched wasn’t comical, either. It was just awkward and felt like the show was mocking itself, more than anything.

it was a pretty bad start, all in all. It’s kinda what I feared going into this season, considering the pitfalls of the previous season, but I didn’t expect them to skip scenes in such a jarring manner.

Archived