RWBY

Now that the episode is up for public plebs,

[spoiler=Thoughts on Chapter 11]

All of the things happened, sheet definitely went down.

- I liked that we finally got to see Velvet in action, using projections of the weapons she took photos of previously, it was pretty cool to be perfectly honest, I definitely enjoyed that scene.

- The scythe form of Qrow's weapon looked pretty awesome, nice to finally see it in action.

- The way Roman went out in this episode was a tad lazy, I mean he got a good deal of development and then that happens. Having said that the way he spoke to Neo as she was flown away was touching to say the least. I don't think Roman is dead though.

- When Adam sliced Yang's arm off, the art style was similar to that of the Black trailer when he sliced that mech, though he is an arsehole, being able to cut through aura and whatnot.

- The Autumn Maiden (yeah, sue me) bit ended somewhat horribly, though I'm interested to see what Ozpin can do next episode (he has to do something at least) against a more powerful Cinder who is ready to raise more hell than before.

Despite how intense this episode was, roll on next Sunday for the finale.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the episode is up for public plebs,

[spoiler=Thoughts on Chapter 11]

All of the things happened, s*** definitely went down.

- I liked that we finally got to see Velvet in action, using projections of the weapons she took photos of previously, it was pretty cool to be perfectly honest, I definitely enjoyed that scene.

- The scythe form of Qrow's weapon looked pretty awesome, nice to finally see it in action.

- The way Roman went out in this episode was a tad lazy, I mean he got a good deal of development and then that happens. Having said that the way he spoke to Neo as she was flown away was touching to say the least. I don't think Roman is dead though.

- When Adam sliced Yang's arm off, the art style was similar to that of the Black trailer when he sliced that mech, though he is an arsehole, being able to cut through aura and whatnot.

- The Autumn Maiden (yeah, sue me) bit ended somewhat horribly, though I'm interested to see what Ozpin can do next episode (he has to do something at least) against a more powerful Cinder who is ready to raise more hell than before.

Despite how intense this episode was, roll on next Sunday for the finale.

[spoiler=Well...]If this can mean something, I remind Miles answering someone who asked him what Roman's Semblance was with something along the lines of "you'll be surprised when you'll see it", so it could be that THAT is what will save him.

Velvet's fighting was awesome, though. I suspect that the copies she makes are less effective than the originals, though. After all, Penny sliced through three Bullheads with her laser, while Velvet's copy wasn't enough to destroy even one Paladin.

[spoiler=Well]If this can mean something, I remember Miles answering someone who asked him what Roman's Semblance was with something along the lines of "you'll be surprised when you'll see it", so it could be THAT is what will save him.

[spoiler=Response]In any case, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

[spoiler=Speaking of which]Anyone of you remembers a certain constant we've had every time our protagonists met Roman?
He managed to escape every time, except the one time he WANTED to get caught.

And how has he done that? By somehow covering long distances in a very short time. He did it in Episode 1 of Volume 1, Episode 16 of Volume 1 and Episode 4 of Volume 2.

What if THAT is his Semblance? Some kind of "blinking" or teleportation?
I know, I know. I am kinda sore about his death, though he was admittedly the most vulnerable and the weakest of the villains. But I dunno, that answer from Miles and Gray made me suspicious. And there was clearly a lot of untapped potential with Roman.

[spoiler=My Thoughts on 11]

Oh...my...god...

First: Velvet's weapon? That was amazing! When it happened, I'm like..."No way!" xD

Second: Um...bon appetite signore Grimm...? Our special is...um...Villain Flambe? Yeah...couldn't get over that.

Third: Weiss is starting to do that thing! Awesome!

Fourth: Cinder...when the heck did she even get down there?! >_> Still, next episode with her versus Oz should be good...

*Stops at four points, but then sighs and throws desk out the window*

Why? J-Just...why would they even decide to have Adam do that to her?! T~T I...I...I need a minute... *cries in a corner*

Now, let's just all clarify that:

A) Ozpin COULD be dangerously wounded even with all of his combat experience beforehand. Cinder, with all that power, could lay out fatal traps for our headmaster. (By the way, where is Emerald and Mercury for this?)

B) Velvet's (AWESOME) digi-scruct weaponry could be one use per click. Hence why Coco wants to have her weaponry saved until the last minute.

C) Neo having a bad time with the birds

D) Weiss summoning a Paladin sized knight in future episodes

E) Ruby breaking down to a helpless but understandable state of mind at the time child at the sight of Yang and Blake.

[spoiler=Episode 11]- Weiss summoned the Right Arm of the Forbidden One!

- Roman is probably fine. Same with Neo.

- So it's not just an arm, Ironwood's entire right side below the neck is mechanical (you can see his metal leg through the tears in his pants), he's definitely the tin man.

- Ozpin has some sort of lever on his walking stick. I want to see what sort of tricks he can do with it.

- Amber's dead, sheet.

- Yang's lost an arm, sheet.

- Blake's been decapitate--oh never mind.

This episode...

Everyone's pretty much covered my sentiments of the episode. It was crazy, intense, and tough to watch. Roman's most likely alive, hence I found the scene with the nevermore kinda funny. I do feel like Adam talked a little weird saying "my love" and his intonation, but that could be what they're going for anyways.

I'm actually kind of glad the Maiden ritual didn't work; I didn't want Pyrrha to lose her identity.

Good stuff overall; I'm psyched to see the Ozpin fight.

You know, I kinda just thought of something

[spoiler=spoiler]Yang is f***ed when it comes to fighting (unless they replace the arm somehow). While yeah she can probably still fight with just one arm, she's at a SEVERE disadvantage with the level of hurt she can dish out, being a brawler and having just one ar

Maybe she's gonna get a mechanical arm? :O

You know, I kinda just thought of something

[spoiler=spoiler]Yang is f***ed when it comes to fighting (unless they replace the arm somehow). While yeah she can probably still fight with just one arm, she's at a SEVERE disadvantage with the level of hurt she can dish out, being a brawler and having just one arm

Maybe she's gonna get a mechanical arm? :O

IDK, I have a theory though

[spoiler=Maybe?]

Well, from what we saw, yang's "Blood" was yellow, even though it was only seen for a moment. My theory is that Yang could actually be a Construct of some sort. Think about it: We already know that it's possible, look at Penny. Perhaps Yang is a dust golem or something? IDK. But what I do know is that yang's arm will come back. I hope

[spoiler=]As bad as things are right now, I'm sure everything will eventually get fixed. Maybe not this volume, since we've only got 1 more episode left, but eventually. They'll defeat the bad guys, Penny will get put back together, Yang will either have her arm reattached or get a mechanical replacement like Ironwood, etc. I'm still hopeful.

Also, when's Yang's mom gonna show up?

EDIT: Can't freaking wait, it's gonna be awesome.

Also, I think I've been shipping Yang and Blake more and more recently.

EDIT: [spoiler=GOOOOOOO DDAAAAAAMMIIIIIIIT!!!!!]Well, so much for everything getting fixed, Pyrrha's dead fuuuuuuuuuuuck. That kiss was so much a death flag.

The academy is lost, no way Penny's getting fixed, either. At least, without flat out building a new one.

Also, Qrow turns into a crow? Makes sense.

Also, Burnie is the dad. lol

[spoiler=One thing I'm disappointed about...]...is that we saw nothing of Jaune's reaction to Pyrrha's death (who for some reason I feel there's still more in store for her, given the whole, "Do you believe in destiny?" but I'm not sure how they'd go about doing that, maybe it's just wishful thinking).

[spoiler=Ultimately disappointed]

I have some gripes with this finale. Season 3 has been the best so far, and actually made the show legitimately good; but to me they kinda botched the finale a little.

- They glossed over Ozpin's fight, which was really disappointing. From what we saw he was totally kicking ass, and then suddenly skip to after where it's just like "Oh... I guess he lost somehow."

- Pyrrha's death was... uncalled for, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I understand the sheer importance that killing of characters can have for a story and its theme; but Pyrrha's character growth felt incomplete, like she had places yet to go, and just killing her off suddenly was just like "Welp, nevermind that". I'd understand if they were pulling a Kamina with her; where her death was necessary to fuel the growth of another character (Jaune); but as Shradow points out, we didn't even see Jaune so much as grieve one bit. It's super annoying because her character was really well written, and was still going places; and it feels like her personal plot was just cut shut short for no good reason.

- Ruby's Deus ex Machina was super bull. Even a good one-sided ass-thrashing from her would've been great. Overall that scene needed to be developed more with better interactions between her and Cinder; rather than just her seemingly randomly showing up and "btw silver-eyes".

- Overall... it didn't feel like much happened this episode. The 30-minute format gave big expectations from me, considering how much they manage to put into the 16 minute episodes (despite how much I think the show's format would work way better with 22 minute episodes), it just felt very shallow as an episode. We got the one good fight, and pretty much everything else was either glossed over or cut short.

My ultimate thoughts on where the show is going after this:

- Yang's growth is going places, that's exciting to see

- Blake's growth is going places, that's exciting to see

- Weisse... I think is going places; but they didn't give her chance to bring out her semblance for real, so that was a little disappointing.

- I still have no idea wtf direction they want Ruby's growth to go. Since season 1 it feels like nothing's happened to her, and still now it doesn't seem like her character is developing one bit.

- I better get to see more of that Ozpin fight. Seemed like he was kicking ass; I call hax on his loss.

[spoiler=Thoughts on the season finale]

- funk, Pyrrha's dead, though I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Jaune's reaction though.

- So like her mother, Ruby is a silver-eyed warrior that Grimm are afraid of, interesting.

- I'm guessing what Salem said at the end of the episode probs indicates that Ozpin wasn't killed in his fight with Cinder. That being said, it's nice to hear Jen Taylor's voice again.

- Qrow can turn into a Crow? Seems legit

[spoiler=Ultimately disappointed]

- Pyrrha's death was... uncalled for, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I understand the sheer importance that killing of characters can have for a story and its theme; but Pyrrha's character growth felt incomplete, like she had places yet to go, and just killing her off suddenly was just like "Welp, nevermind that". I'd understand if they were pulling a Kamina with her; where her death was necessary to fuel the growth of another character (Jaune); but as Shradow points out, we didn't even see Jaune so much as grieve one bit. It's super annoying because her character was really well written, and was still going places; and it feels like her personal plot was just cut shut short for no good reason.

That's another reason I think there's still more in store for her, somehow.

Well, I'm broken.

This finale, it just...it tore out my soul.

And now, for discussion.

[spoiler=Discussion Stuffs]

First off, "Let us mourn the maiden voyage of the USS Arkos, as it burns to cinders upon leaving the port."

Now, Ozpin was pretty OP based on what little we saw, but I'm disappointed in that he just lost the fight, and we never got to see

just how it happened. Although, him pimp-slapping Cinder with his cane was great.

(Obligatory PYRRHA NOOOO moment here)

The voice acting was too on-point. Jaune's especially, like holy hell, I was neck-deep in the feels department with how wracked

he was getting emotionally.

Ruby's silver eyes are very interesting. Check another confirmed legend off the list. I hope Season 4 will cover more of the

silver eyes (if not in the storyline, at least in a World of Remnant episode).

Salem scares me. She really does.

GYFGEIOFNEYVGYU OZPIN IS ALIVE BUT WHERE THE HELL IS HE.

This episode broke me, it really did. I need season 4 here already.

Archived