RWBY

[spoiler=Continuing on 6]

Welp, its obvious on Qrow's Semblance now...which EVERYONE knew was gonna happen. It's still too cool xD I literally saw that and I'm like..."Ohhhhhhhhhh sh*t! It's about to go down!!" xD

And the Weiss scene, I literally saw Frozen based on this. Except rather than freezing the ballroom, we summon a boar Grimm.

Also, can we appreciate the fact that Alejandro Saab (KaggyVA) came back to flirt with Weiss in a new character annnnnnnd the voices of TFS (Lanipator, Kaiserneko, and Amber (the voice of 18)) being in this episode. I love it ^^

[spoiler=Response]

Huh, I didn't catch those voices when I watched the episode tbph.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Response]

Huh, I didn't catch those voices when I watched the episode tbph.

[spoiler=Response response]

Yep! Kaggy voiced the guy trying to hit on Weiss...

Kaiser and Amber voiced the couple talking to Weiss' father...

And Lani, well he was yelling in the background about being given the wrong drink...

I was hyped the entire time when I found out they were in the episode xD

[spoiler=Response response]

Yep! Kaggy voiced the guy trying to hit on Weiss...

Kaiser and Amber voiced the couple talking to Weiss' father...

And Lani, well he was yelling in the background about being given the wrong drink...

I was hyped the entire time when I found out they were in the episode xD

[spoiler=Response]

Huh, that's pretty neat. I'll probs end up re-watching the credits to look at those names, though I still cannot figure out why Weiss wasn't credited in the credits.

[spoiler=Chapter 7]This was a really cool chapter. We finished up the fight between Tyrian and the gang, though Qrow is obviously poisoned. The fight itself was really well done, though, I liked the choreography.

Meanwhile things aren't going so hot for Weiss but I'm glad she didn't spend too much crying about it, can't wait to see an epic breakout with her knight summon guy. Also her dad and brother are bastards.

The whole Oscar/Ozpin thing got a bit more showing finally, that's really interesting. Also they got Aaron Dismuke to voice Oscar, that's really cool.

[spoiler=Thoughts on 7]

Well then, that was an interesting episode, it certainly made me want to punch Weiss' dad and brother, what dicks.

The fight on the other hand was pretty cool, the fight choreography was excellent and I do think Qrow's injury is more than a graze.

It was interesting to see more interactions between Oscar/Ozpin and how that'll pan out in future episodes.

[spoiler=Chapter 7]

So apparently it seems this occurrence with Oscar has happened to Ozpin as well...so something makes me think this is sort of similar to the maiden stuff...if this be the case...its confirmed then...this is the legacy of the old wizard...

As for Schnee's...its official, the males are upright little sons of -REDACTED- ...I mean c'mon! He hit Weiss and just automatically made the son the heir...SHEESH! Seems like the only sane member of that family is Winter and the butler >_>

The Qrow fight was SUPERB!! Also, with the injury, given that its a scorpion faunus he was up against...yeah, he's poisoned.

[spoiler=Chapter 8]Qrow dies and we riot. Realistically speaking he most likely won't die, but still.

I like how whacky Sun is, I don't remember if he started off as much but he's a fun guy regardless. Michael does such a good job as him.

Also, I liked the storytelling this chapter. Like there was a WoR episode inside of it.

[spoiler=Chapter 9]Good to see Klein will be involved in Weiss's escape, I was afraid she'd just summon the knight and bust out and we wouldn't see him anymore.

I'm guessing that the place Ruby and Jaune are going with Qrow is also related to Ren's past, he seemed too adamant to not go there otherwise.

Yang's getting back in action which is good to see, but I'm wondering if something will happen that will cause her to eventually reject the arm and adopt a one-handed fighting style, because some of the art we've seen with her before had her in her new outfit but no robot arm.

The chameleon faunus was pretty interesting to see, I wonder what her history with Blake is. Also, I realized those two White Fang members that came to Blake's house are in the OP with Adam, so obviously they weren't good guys even before they showed up.

• 2 weeks later...

oh my god that would be incredible

[spoiler=Chapter 10]And so we get some Ren and Nora backstory. When the roof funking caved in on his mom right after she said everything would be fine, holy sheet didn't see that coming. Ren's semblance is also really interesting, calming emotions and stuff.

These little bits with Oscar and Ozpin are cool, I'm hoping we get an episode that has a lot more focus on them, though. The big dude who punched the ticket machine, though, I wonder what he was doing there? It seems like an odd coincidence.

[spoiler=Chapter 11]I was kinda left speechless at the scene with Tyrian and Cinder, that was heavier than I expected. Cinder's probably feeling like she just might be hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Weiss is finally out which is nice, but Ironwood's in a less than nice situation. He's looked kinda haggard this volume with the 5 o'clock shadow and the reason why is starting to show. He's a cool character, I hope his situation gets better. I was kinda hoping Weiss' dad would've made a snide comment about the table that got cracked, like saying it was mahogany or something.

I didn't realize how close to Sun's heart that his injury was, that could've been way worse for him.

The grim that RNJR is about to face is creepier than I was expecting, I was thinking it'd be like a black knight rider sort of thing but it's actually a spooky scary skeleton. That rattling head animation is always creepy.

[spoiler=Thoughts on Chapter 11]

- What a way to start the episode, though it was interesting to see Tyrion venting his frustration on the Grimm... and then enjoying it.

- It's been ages since we last saw Yang's motorcycle, almost forgot she had it.

- It's nice to see Weiss finally get out, though I could understand why she locked the door where Ironwood and Jacques were having their argument.

- Sun was lucky to get out alive considering where he got injured.

- That Grimm at the end though, looks terrifying.

[spoiler=season finale]

So, Qrow turned out okay. That's honestly a huge relief. After last season I have been on edge with death flags.

Honestly super disappointed with the fight. Ren didn't do much. Like, yeah, he killed it, but that isn't actually impressive. It was just an execution. He has always underperformed, and this was their chance to show us he really is as strong as the rest. And they didn't.

Haven headmaster is named Lionheart. This means that Ironwood is the Tin Man, and whoever is headmaster of Shade is the scarecrow. That's honestly cool as funk.

[spoiler=season finale]Haven headmaster is named Lionheart. This means that Ironwood is the Tin Man, and whoever is headmaster of Shade is the scarecrow. That's honestly cool as funk.

That is funking awesome, I never realized that.

[spoiler=Finale]The fight was fine, I wasn't expecting the stretchy arms and I thought that was cool, but I wasn't super excited about it. I do ship Ren and Nora even more now, though.

The rest of the episode was really awesome, though. The insert song as Ruby was writing the letter (props to Linsday for the emotion in those lines, too), seeing the different characters (glad to see Weiss get away safely, and Yang's of to catch up to Ruby with her sweet bike, Cinder's getting fired up), all that was the highlight of the episode for me.

And heck yeah, that after credits scene with Oscar and Qrow was cool. He's got his cane and I both really want to see where this whole Oscar/Ozpin thing is going, and want an explanation about why it's happened.

EDIT: Was watching abunch of Achievement Hunter stuff and I somehow chained my way to Volume 3 with the Winter vs Qrow fight and I just remembered, Penny's still dead. funk, I was hoping she'd get rebuilt or something this Volume. Maybe next time.

Was watching abunch of Achievement Hunter stuff and I somehow chained my way to Volume 3 with the Winter vs Qrow fight and I just remembered, Penny's still dead. funk, I was hoping she'd get rebuilt or something this Volume. Maybe next time.

Penny will be rebuilt, but it will happen much later in hopes that most fans have forgotten about her- thus making it more of a surprise when she does reappear.

If we were talking about Pyrrha I'd agree with you, but with Penny since the moment she died I've been like, "Oh funk... So when's she getting rebuilt?" I've not once thought she'd be gone forever.

And while it was a very sad thing for Ruby, she didn't know her that well (and the other characters knew her even less). They didn't spend much time together and I feel like her death was very quickly brushed aside and forgotten, she's not been mentioned or brought up or anything. When/If she is rebuilt I don't think that'd remove any significant impact to character development or anything.

Really? I was honestly impacted way harder by Penny's death than Pyrrha's. Admittedly, this is partially due to me thinking pyrrha had always been a really boring character. She was sorta a symbol of innocence, and she was mostly unrelated to the conflict at hand, making her death all the more brutal.

And, though her death was overshadowed by Pyrrha's (which makes sense, since 75% of RNJR used to be on a team with her), she was repeatedly referenced through volume 3 after her death, with Ruby using one of her blades to fend off the Nevermore, and Velvet using her weapon to replicate it to incredible effect against the paladins.

I was mostly talking about Volume 4 but even in the rest of 3 after her death I'm not even sure if they mentioned or talked about her out loud once. After the Nevermore blew her body away that was sort of it.

Also, not sure if any of you will get this but what chained me towards my reminder of Penny was this video someone made after Achievement Hunter did a Lets Play of Grimm Eclipse (Jeremy was playing Weiss, Michael who is Sun was Yang, Lindsay who is Ruby was Ruby, and Ryan who is Professor Port was Blake), I thought it was pretty funny.

Really? I was honestly impacted way harder by Penny's death than Pyrrha's. Admittedly, this is partially due to me thinking pyrrha had always been a really boring character. She was sorta a symbol of innocence, and she was mostly unrelated to the conflict at hand, making her death all the more brutal.

And, though her death was overshadowed by Pyrrha's (which makes sense, since 75% of RNJR used to be on a team with her), she was repeatedly referenced through volume 3 after her death, with Ruby using one of her blades to fend off the Nevermore, and Velvet using her weapon to replicate it to incredible effect against the paladins.

I get what you're talking about, but I can't really view Penny's death this way if that's how they choose to deliver it.

For one, it just... Makes so little sense. Her 'father' is built up as a great designer/inventor/whatever, and he's clearly living up to it if he was able to create something like Penny, but he doesn't have the information from her design, or her personality/data backed up at all? I can get if someone gets to him, he dies, the information is wiped and then no one can rebuild her, that I could understand. If they never address this, and he just so happened to never back anything up...? It would just be this big, gaping... Idiot ball from her father that would really turn me off the series.

I would understand if she comes back not quite the same, or it feels hallow or something, but they better have a damn good reason that she can't return if they go that route, cause it's the route that needs the most justification. And... Some of the writing decisions from RWBY lately makes me question if they can handle that kinda thing. >:T

For the record, I'm not commenting on the impact of her death vs Pyrrha's. I personally hurt a lot during both of them, but mostly because of how stupid it was to kill off Pyrrha how they did. It was obviously going to happen, but it wasn't done well.

Not to mention I'm still salty over Roman's death. That's some dumb sheet. Kill off our popular villain! We don't need a villain that people love to see on screen, we can't do anything with that! Bah.

It is important to keep in mind that Penny is a prototype, the first and only of her kind, so interfacing to back up data may not have been an option. Not to mention that much of what made Penny herself was the experiences (albeit few, but impactful) she gained with Ruby, so it is quite likely that if a new Penny was built, it wouldn't be the one we know and love.

Not to mention that it is super possible that her father is just funking dead. It was a pretty bad day, especially for those in atlas ships.

Roman's death was very abrupt, and mostly unwarranted, but it is important to keep in mind that initially he was only going to be in the first season. I can't really imagine how he would have fit into the plot developments with volume 4. An interesting point to remember, though, is that Neopolitan is definitely still alive, and very strong, so we may see her again in some capacity.

Archived