Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Phantom Roxas

Maybe because it's been ages since Ocarina came out, but if you're gonna keep Zelda (which they will), there isn't much point in casting Sheik out since she shares a slot with Zelda rather than taking up space on the roster.

That's what I was thinking. I occasionally use Zelda because of her transformation into Sheik, so I will be kinda disappointed if they take her and/or Sheik out of the game. 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a list I'll think that'll make the cut

Underlined = new moveset
Strikethrough = removed
Italics = newcomers

SUPER MARIO BROS
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

DONKEY KONG
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

YOSHI
Yoshi

WARIO
Wario
Waluigi

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim
Toon Link

METROID
Samus Aran
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

KID ICARUS
Pit
Palutena

ICE CLIMBER
Ice Climbers

KIRBY
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

PIKMIN
Pikmin & New Character

GYROMITE
R.O.B.

STAR FOX
Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Wolf O'Donnell

F-ZERO
Captain Falcon

POKEMON
Pikachu
Pokémon Trainer
Lucario
Jigglypuff

FIRE EMBLEM
Marth
Ike
Chrom

EARTHBOUND
Ness
Lucas

GAME & WATCH
Mr. Game & Watch

SOINC
Sonic The Hedgehog
Knuckles

METAL GEAR
Solid Snake

MEGAMAN
Megaman

ANIMAL CROSSING
Villager

WII
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii

PAPER MARIO
Paper Mario

For the Mario franchise, I'd really like to see Bowser Jr. He fits in, is popular, and his paint brush offers a nice range of moves. 

I don't see Dixie getting in. Agree on K. Rool.

Waluigi has never actually been in a Wario game I don't think. So yea.....

I honestly don't think Sheik will be cut, but I can see it. Ghirahim I can see making it.

"RIDLEY IS TOO BIG!!!!" is something I've never said.

Kid Icarus REALLY shouldn't get 2 reps.

IMO Climbers will be cut.

I don't see Olimar getting cut. He might not be in Pikmin 3's main game, but he is still in it.

No way in hell does Pokemon only get 3 characters. Of all the franchises only Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon should end up with at least 4, and I'd argue having 5 wouldn't be that much of a stretch. 

I do not see 3rd party companies getting more than 1 rep, so no Knuckles.

Going to guess Paper Mario is a pet character of yours? lol

I don't understand why Sheik wouldn't once again be included with Zelda...

That's what I was thinking. I occasionally use Zelda because of her transformation into Sheik, so I will be kinda disappointed if they take her and/or Sheik out of the game. 

While I thought it was crazy to cut Sheik at first, their is one major argument to support this, Zelda is the Skyward Sword Zelda. Not only did she never become Sheik in that game, but the character of that Zelda doesn't really line up with Sheik's character. While Twilight Princess Zelda might not have become Sheik, it at least works because they shair an over all character. Skyward Zelda is just too happy imo. Granted I still think she'll make it in, it just isn't as sure a thing as one would first think.

On that note, and my belief that Zelda can end up with 5 reps, I think the Impa from Skyward would make for a cool inclusion. 

In other news

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1970393/pokemon_in_super_smash_bros_how_theyre_selected.html

Guess whos odds just went up a lot.

[quoute] For the Mario franchise, I'd really like to see Bowser Jr. He fits in, is popular, and his paint brush offers a nice range of moves.
[/quote]

I actually completely forgot Bowser Jr. At the time of making the list and his inclusion would be good since the new Yoshi Island is coming out on the 3DS. He would be a nice character actually and will be an awesome opposite to Bowser

[quote]
I don't see Dixie getting in. Agree on K. Rool.
[/quote]

Dixie was only really cause of the new DK game since she becomes an actual main character again. I just feel DK needs more to represent rather than 2 characters. King K. rool has to be in this time around... Game needs more villains :P

[quote]Waluigi has never actually been in a Wario game I don't think. So yea.....[/quote]

He hasn't, but he hasn't got a game of his own but since he's basically what Luigi is to Mario... Yeah. It would make a lot of fans happy of his inclusion but the lack of his own game really is a "I dont know" for me

[quote]
I honestly don't think Sheik will be cut, but I can see it. Ghirahim I can see making it.
[/quote]

I really cut Shiek cause I believe she can just be manipulated into Zelda rather than being a separate character. Personally there are so many new awsome choices for LoZ that I believe she will be cut (Similar with Roy and Ike)

[quote]
"RIDLEY IS TOO BIG!!!!" is something I've never said.
[/quote]

Metroid needs another rep, plus his inclusion in Brawl was awesome

[quote]
Kid Icarus REALLY shouldn't get 2 reps.
[/quote]

Same creator. That's my logic for this and I believe Kid Icarus will become a serious franchise if Nintendo milk it more

[quote]
IMO Climbers will be cut.
[/quote]

Fair enough. I'm basing this one on nostalgia. They could just become an assist trophy

[quote]
I don't see Olimar getting cut. He might not be in Pikmin 3's main game, but he is still in it.
[/quote]

This was cause of my lack of Pikmin knowledge. I could see Olimar getting a new moveset based off Pikmin 3

[quote]
No way in hell does Pokemon only get 3 characters. Of all the franchises only Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon should end up with at least 4, and I'd argue having 5 wouldn't be that much of a stretch.
[/quote]

Pokemon was hard. I didn't add any inclusions just because I dont really know who to add. If I add Mewtwo then the lineup is only Generation 1 Pokemon and that can't be right. Lucario is awesome but I don't think he'll return. So forgive me for the lack of Pokemon

[quote]
I do not see 3rd party companies getting more than 1 rep, so no Knuckles.
[/quote]

This is fair enough, I just figured that it'll be easier to add another Sonic character for Nintendo rather than getting a new 3rd Party. Snake will not return just because Sakurai is working with Namco Bandai

[quote]
Going to guess Paper Mario is a pet character of yours? lol
[/quote]

Figured he would be a nice addition, compared to Dr. Mario, Paper Mario can use Stickers to his advantage for a final smash, I figured it will be a fun character :P

[quoute] For the Mario franchise, I'd really like to see Bowser Jr. He fits in, is popular, and his paint brush offers a nice range of moves.
[/quote]

I actually completely forgot Bowser Jr. At the time of making the list and his inclusion would be good since the new Yoshi Island is coming out on the 3DS. He would be a nice character actually and will be an awesome opposite to Bowser

Dixie was only really cause of the new DK game since she becomes an actual main character again. I just feel DK needs more to represent rather than 2 characters. King K. rool has to be in this time around... Game needs more villains :P

He hasn't, but he hasn't got a game of his own but since he's basically what Luigi is to Mario... Yeah. It would make a lot of fans happy of his inclusion but the lack of his own game really is a "I dont know" for me

I really cut Shiek cause I believe she can just be manipulated into Zelda rather than being a separate character. Personally there are so many new awsome choices for LoZ that I believe she will be cut (Similar with Roy and Ike)

Metroid needs another rep, plus his inclusion in Brawl was awesome

Same creator. That's my logic for this and I believe Kid Icarus will become a serious franchise if Nintendo milk it more

Fair enough. I'm basing this one on nostalgia. They could just become an assist trophy

This was cause of my lack of Pikmin knowledge. I could see Olimar getting a new moveset based off Pikmin 3

Pokemon was hard. I didn't add any inclusions just because I dont really know who to add. If I add Mewtwo then the lineup is only Generation 1 Pokemon and that can't be right. Lucario is awesome but I don't think he'll return. So forgive me for the lack of Pokemon

This is fair enough, I just figured that it'll be easier to add another Sonic character for Nintendo rather than getting a new 3rd Party. Snake will not return just because Sakurai is working with Namco Bandai

Figured he would be a nice addition, compared to Dr. Mario, Paper Mario can use Stickers to his advantage for a final smash, I figured it will be a fun character :P

Sakurai actually said he was thinking about bringing back Mewtwo in a podcast. So, there's a huge possibility that he's coming back, especially with his new form. Mewtwo will have a form from gen. 6 which balances it out I guess.

Sakurai actually said he was thinking about bringing back Mewtwo in a podcast. So, there's a huge possibility that he's coming back, especially with his new form. Mewtwo will have a form from gen. 6 which balances it out I guess.

Again

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1970393/pokemon_in_super_smash_bros_how_theyre_selected.html

This alone brings up Mewtwo's odds of making it. I'm interested in who else makes it though. I would really like PT to make it back with 3 new pokemon spread out amoung the different gens. I think that would work out really well.

Again

This alone brings up Mewtwo's odds of making it. I'm interested in who else makes it though. I would really like PT to make it back with 3 new pokemon spread out amoung the different gens. I think that would work out really well.

I never did play Melee, so I would love to see Mewtwo just to get a sense of what he was like. Pokemon Trainer needs to come back for sure, I hope they put Blaziken in as a Pokemon!

I never did play Melee, so I would love to see Mewtwo just to get a sense of what he was like. Pokemon Trainer needs to come back for sure, I hope they put Blaziken in as a Pokemon!

If they somehow mystically made my idea for the trainer to change as the color changes, they can have 1 from each gen, and different starters with different movesets based on those gens.

If they somehow mystically made my idea for the trainer to change as the color changes, they can have 1 from each gen, and different starters with different movesets based on those gens.

Interesting idea, so like have a Pokemon Trainer Blue, Pokemon Trainer Red, Pokemon Trainer Green? Actually sounds really awesome to me.

It really leads me to wonder what we YCMers would do if we weren't so ensnared in this website.

Am I the only one whose going to play the 3DS version over the WII U version? Because I already have a 3ds :l Also, the graphics would be better on my eyes, the black outlines help a lot. Anyone else playing the 3ds?

I now have both a 3DS and a Wii U, so I'll probably get both, and play the Wii U version more at home.

At least, with the few exclusive stages, it seems to make more sense to me than getting both versions of the same Pokemon game, when my brother will get the other one anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo came back.
Then again, Genesect also has the same chance of making it into the game, given the fact that He shares a lot of the same aspects Mewtwo does.

I think that Mewtwo's biggest selling point is that he can also give 6th gen a free representative.

They D**n well better make Mewtwo better than he was in Melee. Tables will flip if he's as weak as his previous self.

If they bring him back.

Yeah, it seems that all the major series villians (Bowser, Ganon, Mewtwo, etc) are all very low tier (Unless you count Meta Knight as a villain) 

I liked playing Mewtwo in Melee, but he was just too slow. If they gave him a teleport move to get around quick he might be viable.

Yeah, it seems that all the major series villians (Bowser, Ganon, Mewtwo, etc) are all very low tier (Unless you count Meta Knight as a villain) 

I liked playing Mewtwo in Melee, but he was just too slow. If they gave him a teleport move to get around quick he might be viable.

DeDeDe is good and Ganon wasn't bad back in Melee. 

Interesting idea, so like have a Pokemon Trainer Blue, Pokemon Trainer Red, Pokemon Trainer Green? Actually sounds really awesome to me.

It really leads me to wonder what we YCMers would do if we weren't so ensnared in this website.

Quite like that, but also going into grey (Silver) or yellow (Gold)

to vary the gens.

Also, Black/White ;D

KID ICARUS
Pit
Palutena

Actually, it makes a lot more sense to me to add Hades, if another character from Kid Icarus was added. In my mind, I imagine Hades to be somewhat like Ganondorf is in Brawl, so he'd be somewhat fun to play as. Besides, what would Palutena even do? Shoot arrows? We have enough of those characters and probably will in the next game, too. Then again, she could be a wiz at using potions, and the only thing I can think of for them to do is slow the opponent or heal and healing wouldn't be appropriate in when you have items turned off (unless you're Peach), so I doubt she could make it even if another character was added from Kid Icarus [which, like Flame Dragon, I doubt could get a second character, my reason being not because Kid Icarus only recently got a new game and I'd like to see who they're putting in the games rather than hoping for a bunch of characters. The only one's I said I would hope for was Lucina (from Fire Emblem: Awakening), Mewtwo and 1 or two Gen V/VI Pokemon. Nevermind, that's a bunch of characters (or to me, it feels like it for a game like this), so I'll stick with expecting those Pokemon (yes, expecting) since Marth's chances are most likely higher than Lucina's.].

And about Waluigi, though I can see people would be happy if he was in, not ONLY is his chances slim without being a main character in a game but his chances are slim BECAUSE of that. No one could really guess what his moveset would be, could they (correct me if I'm wrong)?

EDIT: Why do I have to keep posting new pages (seems like a lot recently, considering how little I do post)?

No one could really guess what his moveset would be, could they (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Well, I did make this a long time ago. Most of his normal attacks are kick-based, and all of his Specials are based off of things he's done in all the games he's been in.
[spoiler=Waluigi]

250px-WaluigiMP8a.PNG

Weight: Middleweight
Speed: Medium
Jump Height/Recovery: High
Damage: Medium

Neutral Attack: Waluigi throws a wimpy punch in front of him, which can be repeated quickly.
Dash Attack: Waluigi jumps forward through the air, feet first, hitting anyone in the way.
Side Tilt: Waluigi reaches out and smacks in front of him.
Down Tilt: Waluigi does a spinning sweep in front of him.
Up Tilt: Waluigi does an upwards sweeping kick in front of him.

Side Smash: Waluigi slams his foot down in front of him, stomping groundborne enemies into the ground on a full charge, like Donkey Kong's Headbutt and the Pitfall Seed.
Down Smash: Waluigi does a little hop and kicks out on both sides of him simultaneously.
Up Smash: Waluigi kicks upward, like Ganondorf's up smash.

Neutral Air: Waluigi swings one leg forward and the other leg back, making a pose like a leaping ballerina.
Forward Air: Waluigi thrusts both feet in front of him, the opposite of his back air.
Back Air: Waluigi thrusts both feet behind him, like Snake's back air.
Down Air: Waluigi thrusts both feet downwards for a meteor smash.
Up Air: Waluigi headbutts above him.

Neutral Special - Bomb: Waluigi pulls a bomb from somewhere which can then be thrown, similar to Link's Bomb. There is a 1/58 chance of him pulling out a Bob-Omb.
Side Special - Raqueteer: Waluigi swings a tennis racket in front of him, dealing damage and horizontal knockback but also allowing him to reflect projectiles.
Down Special - Wall-Luigi: Waluigi summons tall purple thorns from the ground on both sides of him which can cause enemies to trip on the ground and deals slight vertical knockback on airborne enemies.
Up Special - Swimming Return: Waluigi swims comically through the air under the player's control for 2 seconds, allowing for recovery similar to Pit's Wings of Icarus.

Final Smash - Super Whirluigi: Waluigi contorts himself into the shape of his symbol (upside down L), then spins around forming a large tornado (mostly vertical) around him which sucks in and hits enemies mulitple times (like Zero Suit Samus's Power Suit Samus). It also throws out dice blocks, kart wheels, and various sports equipment to hit far away enemies for a little damage and knockback.

Up Taunt: Waluigi throws both hands in the air and yells, "Waluigi, numbah one!" laughing afterwards.
Down Taunt: Waluigi does a crotch chop three times then fist pumps while yelling "Waluigi, yeah, yeah, yeah!"
Side Taunt: Waluigi hunches over to one side while twisting a side of his mustache, snickering.

[/spoiler]

Besides, what a character's moveset might be is no reason not to add them. Look at Captain Falcon. He's done no fighting in his games, and every single one of his moves originated in Smash Bros, with absolutely nothing to work off of (even other non-fighters like Villager or Wii Fit Trainer have a base for a lot of their attacks, such as Villager's tools or Trainer's exercises).

healing wouldn't be appropriate in when you have items turned off (unless you're Peach)

Can't only Lucas and Ness heal without any items? Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Peach only heals with the final smash?

Besides, what a character's moveset might be is no reason not to add them. Look at Captain Falcon. He's done no fighting in his games, and every single one of his moves originated in Smash Bros, with absolutely nothing to work off of (even other non-fighters like Villager or Wii Fit Trainer have a base for a lot of their attacks, such as Villager's tools or Trainer's exercises).

And got memes because of it.

I see. I hadn't really thought of Captain Falcon. My reasoning for not coming up with a moveset for Waluigi was because I couldn't think of something only HE can do (what with him being in those party/sports games). But if Captain Falcon's moves originated in Smash Bros., it's possible for Waluigi's in the next Smash Bros. And if it happens and its successful, he might get his own game (unlikely but at the very least it COULD be possible for him to be in Smash Bros., now that you mention that).

@StarS 4: That's what I meant. ;D

I've always wondered where on earth they got the ideas for his moveset. Sure, he's a bounty hunter outside of F-Zero racing, but we've never seen him actually do anything. I can just imagine some guy going, "Let's give him a giant flaming bird punch. And an electric knee."

Archived