Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Phantom Roxas

Hehehh...I saw that image with link a bit ago... =P

And IDK, they could do a LOT with the Mii. 

One option would be customizing his moves from moves from all over the Wii games like Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort

Another option would be customizing him with any move from any character in the game =P

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see them allowing you to customize from any move from any character, but the idea to customize through different Wii Sports events would be cool. After my initial dislike of Wii Fit Trainer going into this, I am slowly becoming more okay with the character...but only slowly

I'd actually like to see Klonoa get in, too. I imagine he would have a very interesting fighting style and he'd be even more interesting given who he is, anyway. I should see what sort of abilities he had again. Though I doubt the chances, he has had presence in Nintendo's consoles.

Klonoa is male, as far as I can tell. And his abilities would be pretty intriguing. I wonder how he'd inflate enemies in here. He'd definitely have a tether grab.

Still want Bomberman the most, though. It is very suck that his chances aren't the best, but a lot of people like him. Or that's just what I see....

Imagine how awesome a character based around disrupting the enemy's movement would be. The wind would be fun.

I don't think you've played TF2, then. The Pyro has a single ability to disrupt enemy movements and people hate him for it.

I've played Team Fortress 2 and even used the Pyro mainly for a while. One of the differences is that TF2, being an FPS, has enemies with much less endurance and quicker trades than in Super Smash Brothers. Did I also say that you're honestly a lot more mobile in the game in terms of speed? It feels a lot freer in there than TF2.

Also, Mr. Game and Watch has his own move for disrupting movement and it isn't as notorious as the Pyro.

Well use an actually relevant example next time or just don't say anything at all. I'm mentioning it because I'd enjoy it while you state your opinion using an example in a completely different game. Various characters have moves that alter movement, but none really focus on disruption.

You say a character who has a moveset around movement control would be fun. I give an example of how it's not, and its common sense who movement control against you isn't fun in general. The game I used as an example has no bearing on my actual argument.

And of course no one in Smash Bros. has moves that focus on disruption, no one likes having no control in their own movement, that's why it's not a fun mechanic. It's one of the reasons no one likes tripping in Brawl.

Also tripping is by chance. I didn't say the disruption should be as overwhelming as you're making it sound. And the game chosen DOES have a large bearing on your actual argument. You're just making a hasty generalization off of one instance thinking if one case of movement disruption bothers people, so should the rest/others suggested.

Mr.Game and Watch has disruption. Mario has disruption. Diddy Kong's bananas, one of the best moves in the game, is based on disruption. Tripping is a random mechanic. Random, too. That's a common factor people in various scenarios tend to dislike.

Also tripping is by chance. I didn't say the disruption should be as overwhelming as you're making it sound. And the game chosen DOES have a large bearing on your actual argument. You're just making a hasty generalization off of one instance thinking if one case of movement disruption bothers people, so should the rest/others suggested.

Mr.Game and Watch has disruption. Mario has disruption. Diddy Kong's bananas, one of the best moves in the game, is based on disruption. Tripping is a random mechanic. Random, too. That's a common factor people in various scenarios tend to dislike.

If you think I'm only basing my argument on my one example, you're mistaken. People don't like losing control of their own movement due to something outside their power, that is common sense. An example of that is the airblast completely doing so in TF2, but the example is off of the argument, not the other way around.

And I said no characters had multiple moves that focus on disruption or have a moveset based around it, like what you're suggesting, which is overwhelming if that's all they do (unless they suck at disruption, despite that being their main thing). G&W's up air and Mario's cape are minor compared to someone who focuses on disruption. I'll give it to you that Diddy's Banana is a good example of how overwhelming disruption can be, and that's only one move, not a whole plethora of them.

I don't think it'd be possible to alienate Luigi any more.

And if I'll be honest, the short invincibility frames from tripping have helped me more than they've hurt me in all the time I've played Brawl, but that's just me.

The tripping caused me to lose MATCHES because they happened inconveniently.  Honestly, inconvenience factor far outweights the potential benefits that tripping offers.  But, that is just me.

Archived