Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Phantom Roxas

Let's go, Jet Set Radio XD

If you are hoping for Cress from Tales of Phantasia then we are 2! I hope Daos gets there to!

I heard that they will get rid of clone characters, so me maybe don't get to see Ganon, unless they change his moveset, I really hope they change him cause they really missed a lot from him, his spells or sword. Anyway that will most likely remove Toon Link, Falco and Wolf, Lucas, and some others.

I believe they might add Girahim(or however you spell his name), change Lucario to the new pokemon that fits that hole(I didn't played Black and White). Also Zero Suit Samus maybe will still be there as Other M's Zero Suit Samus. Also I believe that since we are having Wii Fit Trainer then Game&Watch won't be coming back. I believe they will keep Snake since Sony's all-star-whatever-thingy(I honestly don't know the name) doesn't have him, so I would say that Snake will be there, maybe as Old Snake or Naked Snake(since Snake Eater has a 3DS version) but still having our good old budy Snake.

There are some characters I would love to see up there, since Namco is helping on it I would love to see Cress and Daos from Tales of Phantasia, also I would like to see X and Zero, even as assist throphies would be awesome, I also feel like they forgot the other character from the Zero series and the whole ZX series. it would be nice to see Sora or Riku there too.

anyway there are lots of seats to be taken yet since they said that it will have a number of characters close to SSBB's so I guess there is still lot's fo room for speculation, that's our work to do, while they do the work of actualy choosing who is going to be there or not :P

Dhaos......only if he says "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?" as he dies.

o3o

Cress ftw

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know.... Since Final Smashes are a still going to be a thing... I REALLY hope they tweak them. I mean, assuming everyone keeps theirs from the previous game, some of them are just terrible while others are absolutely amazing, and it's spread out in an unbalanced manner.

EDIT: Actually, wait, no, it's just Mario who's Final Smash is wonky as hell. Everyone else, basically, has something that will almost always guarantee free KOs.

You know.... Since Final Smashes are a still going to be a thing... I REALLY hope they tweak them. I mean, assuming everyone keeps theirs from the previous game, some of them are just terrible while others are absolutely amazing, and it's spread out in an unbalanced manner.

EDIT: Actually, wait, no, it's just Mario who's Final Smash is wonky as hell. Everyone else, basically, has something that will almost always guarantee free KOs.

Not all of them are free KOs. Not to mention some of them don't even need you to aim so that makes up for them being a little less good.

Not all of them are free KOs. Not to mention some of them don't even need you to aim so that makes up for them being a little less good.

No, I mean, some of the Final Smashes are much better then others, and belong to characters that are blatantly better(as a general assumption, disregarding player skill of course) then existing characters.

Although, now that I think about it, a lot of said Smashes are based on the character's recent games n' such.
So I wouldn't doubt it if Mario all of a sudden turned into a cat, and Luigi started attacking people with his vacuum.

No, I mean, some of the Final Smashes are much better then others, and belong to characters that are blatantly better(as a general assumption, disregarding player skill of course) then existing characters.

Although, now that I think about it, a lot of said Smashes are based on the character's recent games n' such.
So I wouldn't doubt it if Mario all of a sudden turned into a cat, and Luigi started attacking people with his vacuum.

Yea, final smashes aren't balanced that well.

AND OMG YES!!!!! If that happened, o boy. 

Cat Mario as a Final Smash is stupid, imo. And for the most part, I don't see what you mean about things being based off of their recent games. Of the ones that aren't made up attacks (like Mario Finale, Negative Zone, or Great Aether), the only one that could really be considered based off of something recent (at the time) is Pikachu's Volt Tackle, and even then Diamond/Pearl came out in 2006, two years prior. Konga Beat, another example of an attack based from something specific, is based off a game 4 years prior, so I wouldn't even call that recent. Everything else, like Light Arrows, Landmasters, Super Sonic, Ganon, all that has been around for ages.

Ah, so characters will get cut...well sh*t.

I'd like Toon Link and Lucario to stay, but who knows now. Toon Link being in the background for the Spirit Tracks stage seems to discourage his return now that I think about it.

One of the things that was said about Smash 4 is that Sakurai wants the cast to be about the same size as Brawl. Add in the fact that a decent size of the cast needs to be new. This is why I say 40 characters total and 13 new ones seems like a good balance. Thing is characters will need to get the ax, and some of them harder to let go than others. 

And as a point of referance again, thats how I came up with this. 

wcmwes.png

Red = Likely Out

Yellow = Chance of being Out

Green = In

Blue = Possibly Changed

One of the things that was said about Smash 4 is that Sakurai wants the cast to be about the same size as Brawl. Add in the fact that a decent size of the cast needs to be new. This is why I say 40 characters total and 13 new ones seems like a good balance. Thing is characters will need to get the ax, and some of them harder to let go than others. 

wcmwes.png

Red = Likely Out

Green = In

Blue = Possibly Changed

If I HAD to make cuts:

I guess Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Lucas, R.O.B, Wolf and Meta Knight would be my choices either because their franchises have become irrelevant or in Meta's case, too broken.

I guess I'd cut Toon Link too, but he's kind of my best character :T

You know what'd be cool? Version exclusives. If say you cut out Ice Climbers and Game & Watch or whoever from the Wii U game, put them on the 3DS one.

If I HAD to make cuts:

I guess Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Lucas, R.O.B, Wolf and Meta Knight would be my choices either because their franchises have become irrelevant or in Meta's case, too broken.

I guess I'd cut Toon Link too, but he's kind of my best character :T

You know what'd be cool? Version exclusives. If say you cut out Ice Climbers and Game & Watch or whoever from the Wii U game, put them on the 3DS one.

Cutting MK for being broken is very suspect. He can just get rebalanced. 

And I think Sakurai has said point blank the characters will be the same between the two games.

Well, I think that while the roster would be around 40 in each game, both versions will obviously have characters exclusive to the other.  I have a strong feeling that Toon Link is going to be in the 3DS version rather than the Wii U version because of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (alongside the Four Swords games).

wcmwes.png

Red = Likely Out

Green = In

Blue = Possibly Changed

Uh, again, I don't see why everyone is expecting Pokemon Trainer to get the axe.  Even though we'll probably get a Gen VI Pokemon, that would leave us with more Kirby characters than Pokemon characters, which is... odd...

Also, to me, Falco is more replaceable than Wolf, as Wolf is less clonetastic. 

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/4438642/super-smash-bros-director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection

Has anybody read that? It feels sort of hurtful to see so many people brand him a troll despite his obvious passion and care that goes into his game. Seriously. It's rare to see somebody so sincere and considerate of all their players in his field.

With regards to hypothetical lists, I'm pretty sure they would still keep Game & Watch, as well as Marth Snake and Sonic.
The later two, just being a reason to say they came full circle with characters like Megaman, and truly make it an "everyone" selection of characters.
....Or something like that.

Character roster aside, one thing I'm still hoping for is that, like Wario, characters actually get some costume changes instead of/in addition to color changes.

Warioman as an alternate costume would be hilarious, and fun at the same time =D

My two cents into this topic?

Luigi WILL have a new moveset and I reckon it'll be based around Luigis Mansion. The poltergust just has to appear one way or another

I"m really hoping Chrom and Lucina get in the game. Fire Emblem Awakening has been the best selling Fire Emblem yet and it revived the franchise. Plus I can see the final smash being like the critical hits in the game.

Olimar will be replaced with whoever is in Pikmin 3. It'll be silly to keep him in

Captain Falcon will stay, that Falcon Punch has left too much pride to get rid of, wars will start when Falcon can't punch anyone

Ganandorf needs a new moveset... Seriously

Bayonetta is a possibility, I'm not ruling this one out

The Mii will be in the game, using your Mii is just something that makes the game unique, like in Mario Kart.

Well, I think that while the roster would be around 40 in each game, both versions will obviously have characters exclusive to the other.  I have a strong feeling that Toon Link is going to be in the 3DS version rather than the Wii U version because of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (alongside the Four Swords games).

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters."

Its from Kotaku.

Uh, again, I don't see why everyone is expecting Pokemon Trainer to get the axe.  Even though we'll probably get a Gen VI Pokemon, that would leave us with more Kirby characters than Pokemon characters, which is... odd...

Pokemon WILL have 4 or 5 reps. Of that I'm almost certain. Honestly, with whats going to be around 800 pokemon to pick from I don't see it as unreasonable that most of them will be new. If Pokemon Trainer does stay in the game though, I'm almost certain it will be with a new team, as such even if he doesn't get the ax the one we have won't be in. Thats why I also gave him the blue.

I can see that. Side from increasing the number of bad guys in the game he can likely have more different things done with him.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/4438642/super-smash-bros-director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection

Has anybody read that? It feels sort of hurtful to see so many people brand him a troll despite his obvious passion and care that goes into his game. Seriously. It's rare to see somebody so sincere and considerate of all their players in his field.

I think its the brink of death comment. However if you know anything about Japanese work ethic I honestly don't think saying that would be stretching it TTTOOOOO far.

I'd agree, I don't see him getting cut.

I mean

Charizard, you know?

And I'm better with Wolf than Falco, so I'd be good with that.

Character roster aside, one thing I'm still hoping for is that, like Wario, characters actually get some costume changes instead of/in addition to color changes.

Seriously, this. Dr. Mario, shiny Pokémon, Fierce Deity Link, female Pokémon trainer, Shadow Sonic, Naked/Liquid Snake, Robed Zelda, the possibilities are endless here.

With regards to hypothetical lists, I'm pretty sure they would still keep Game & Watch, as well as Marth Snake and Sonic.
The later two, just being a reason to say they came full circle with characters like Megaman, and truly make it an "everyone" selection of characters.
....Or something like that.
Warioman as an alternate costume would be hilarious, and fun at the same time =D

I can see your reasoning and I approve.

Plus, Snake's a fun heavy character to use. The winner at the last tourney I played was using Snake, and my god was he a pro.

Archived