The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

@Chris: OBJECTION!

Anyway, I talked with someone who understands this sort of thing better than I do, and I realized that, silly me, I was thinking of it the wrong way. It's not energy amplification, but energy translation that results in more of the energy after it's been translated, i.e. translating fire energy into light energy and there being more light energy than there was fire energy. This can become a self-sustaining spell with no need of outside interference, other than to make it stop when it is no longer needed.

So it would go something like this.

1: 1% milk of a person's base energy.

2: Base energy translated into Fire Energy.

3: Energy boost by 1% milk to become 2% milk.

4: Divide 2% milk Fire Energy by 2 for two portions of 1% milk Fire Energy.

5: One portion of 1% milk Fire Energy translated to base energy and doubles to 2% milk Base Energy, which is then disseminated.

6: Second portion of 1% milk Fire Energy translated to Light Energy.

7: 1% milk Fire Energy is now 2% milks Light Energy.

8: Repeat 4-6 following a cyclical pattern for the elements used in the translation process.

Energy Amplification would actually be energy compression, which is using the same amount of energy to greater effect, allowing less energy to be used for the same task. I think Broke. N mentioned that earlier on as well.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I swear GLaDOS, you had better not be lying about that cake. Chell told me what you pulled on her the first time around, when you promised it, but then didn't give it to her, all because she doubted your claim.

Sayer: Oh, worry not, Satsui; I can assure you that GLaDOS' cake is, indeed, the real deal. I even helped to bake it. See? *presents a rather colorful, ornate cake*. We made it from "aborted" baby Togepi and the blood of My Little Ponies. Want some? []-3

I swear GLaDOS, you had better not be lying about that cake. Chell told me what you pulled on her the first time around, when you promised it, but then didn't give it to her, all because she doubted your claim.

I think you might be mistaken.

The Chell I know is a mute anarchist orphan of a piglet.

Sayer: Oh, worry not, Satsui; I can assure you that GLaDOS' cake is, indeed, the real deal. I even helped to bake it. See? *presents a rather colorful, ornate cake*. We made it from "aborted" baby Togepi and the blood of My Little Ponies. Want some? []-3

Even I was programmed with standards.

That was going too far.

@Chris: OBJECTION!

Anyway, I talked with someone who understands this sort of thing better than I do, and I realized that, silly me, I was thinking of it the wrong way. It's not energy amplification, but energy translation that results in more of the energy after it's been translated, i.e. translating fire energy into light energy and there being more light energy than there was fire energy. This can become a self-sustaining spell with no need of outside interference, other than to make it stop when it is no longer needed.

So it would go something like this.

1: 1% milk of a person's base energy.

2: Base energy translated into Fire Energy.

3: Energy boost by 1% milk to become 2% milk.

4: Divide 2% milk Fire Energy by 2 for two portions of 1% milk Fire Energy.

5: One portion of 1% milk Fire Energy translated to base energy and doubles to 2% milk Base Energy, which is then disseminated.

6: Second portion of 1% milk Fire Energy translated to Light Energy.

7: 1% milk Fire Energy is now 2% milks Light Energy.

8: Repeat 4-6 following a cyclical pattern for the elements used in the translation process.

Energy Amplification would actually be energy compression, which is using the same amount of energy to greater effect, allowing less energy to be used for the same task. I think Broke. N mentioned that earlier on as well.

Don't you see the loophole there?

Step 5 right there, doubles the energy for no reason. Where did that power come from?

This cycle is still nonsensical. Energy translation is always a 1:1 ratio. Self-sustaining energy cannot exist without your character being well above the god tier.

GLaDOS having standards that doesn't have to do with testing? That's new. lol

In Laymans terms, base energy is translated to elemental energy, then halved, with one half translated to base energy and the other half translated to the next elemental energy in the cycle. Each time energy is translated, it is doubled as a result.

Seriously though, was the step by step explanation not clear enough? :/

Anyway, I am tired and need sleeeeeeeep, so I am going to go and do that now. I'll edit my post tomorrow when I am not tired, that way I am less likely to do piss poor post editing. Good night everyone.

@Mugen: I am going to wait until after I get some sleep to respond to you for the aforementioned reason.

In Laymans terms, base energy is translated to elemental energy, then halved, with one half translated to base energy and the other half translated to the next elemental energy in the cycle. Each time energy is translated, it is doubled as a result.

So the conversion from base to elemental is 1:2 but elemental to base is 1:1?

Ream this line very slowly and carefully so as to not miss it. That math. Is. Wrong.

I think I actually somewhat understand how it could work. The base energy is translated into something like fire energy, giving the same amount or slightly less energy as started with, but that fire energy could be increased by consuming the potential energy around it, increasing the amount of energy in a useable form but not actually creating or destroying any energy. This is an example of how that would work, what would actually be more likely to be happening is that while the leech takes a bit of energy off each of the Counter Corps, it also drains it from the area around the stone, converting the potential energy from the environment to something that can be fed back to the Counter Corps in a useable form. This doesn't create a self-sustaining loop, simply because the energy in the environment to be drawn upon would eventually run out, but as long as the Counter Corps move around enough, the process should continue on for a while at least, with any excess energy obtained being stored through the network of communication crystals until the external energy it's drawing from runs out. Most fire magic would do similar things anyway, aside from storing the excess. As the created fire is sustained it takes energy from the one who created it unless they actually finds an external fuel to sustain the fire, but it also feeds from the air around it at the same time, so in oxygen-rich environments, like the current location, the fire burns hotter and brighter, radiating off more energy than an environment without as much oxygen would.

Another possibility is that rather than actually increasing the energy, the spell doesn't work to multiply the energy, but to increase the efficiency of any energy used by the one it's cast on. The energy wouldn't come back that way, but any further magic cast by the ones affected would require less energy to use the magic, as if the extra energy lost in the process of activating such a spell is reduced. In a purely scientific way, it's similar to reducing the resistivity of an electrical circuit everywhere but where it's actually needed to do a certain task, reducing the amount of energy lost in the transfer.

Just my take on the whole energy situation might work.

O...kay...How long was I gone?

Let's see if I have gotten everything down about what the hell happened:

1. Madara is completely out of the picture, and whoever wished to sacrifice their characters is alive (That being ONLY Matthew, as I had Chris edit his post previously to say that Richard survived the "onslaught").
  2. I'm gonna have to completely change what my post is as I couldn't get around to it (I got addicted to downloading M.U.G.E.N and now I can't stop  :().
  3. Everybody is having a ridiculous argument about how energy could be created and/or multiplied to everyone else. Honestly, you're all being children. The Laws of Physics is thrown out the window, as is logic thanks to all the fictional universes intertwining in this universe. Sorry to be an ass, but thinking logically when you're talking about magic and energy in a world not the same as earth, is just like trying to convince LERNA that hope is as equal a truth as despair (Oh wait, POINT PROVEN!).

I know there's more that I missed, so if anyone is willing to summarize EVERYTHING that's happening now, I'd appreciate it.

BTW, Chris, that "SOO WEE" thing, isn't that a reference to what was done in Modern Family (The supposed best comedy show as of late)? I'm just wondering cause I haven't seen Black Dynamite in a long time, so I could be wrong.

O...kay...How long was I gone?

Let's see if I have gotten everything down about what the hell happened:

1. Madara is completely out of the picture, and whoever wished to sacrifice their characters is alive (That being ONLY Matthew, as I had Chris edit his post previously to say that Richard survived the "onslaught").
  2. I'm gonna have to completely change what my post is as I couldn't get around to it (I got addicted to downloading M.U.G.E.N and now I can't stop  :().
  3. Everybody is having a ridiculous argument about how energy could be created and/or multiplied to everyone else. Honestly, you're all being children. The Laws of Physics is thrown out the window, as is logic thanks to all the fictional universes intertwining in this universe. Sorry to be an ass, but thinking logically when you're talking about magic and energy in a world not the same as earth, is just like trying to convince LERNA that hope is as equal a truth as despair (Oh wait, POINT PROVEN!).

I know there's more that I missed, so if anyone is willing to summarize EVERYTHING that's happening now, I'd appreciate it.

BTW, Chris, that "SOO WEE" thing, isn't that a reference to what was done in Modern Family (The supposed best comedy show as of late)? I'm just wondering cause I haven't seen Black Dynamite in a long time, so I could be wrong.

More towards the animate series

If the atmosphere is equal or similar to that of Earth's, then there's nothing to worry about (Such as Satsui explained that Clerano is from a world where his home planet has a similar, if the not the same, atmosphere to Earth.). Let me put it this way:

I'm calling it the Toy Story Argument. Remember in the first movie when Buzz Lightyear is first introduced, and Woody purposely collapses Buzz's breathing shell to show that he is unable to breathe anything, and then Buzz puts on a show as if he can't breathe at all? Well, let's replace that logic with toys being just like humans. They can breathe in the same atmosphere and such. Clerano is Woody and Buzz, in a sense, forcing himself to breathe the new atmosphere, not realizing he might be able to.

It sounds ridiculous, but that's what comes to mind. ^_^

*stares off into space* Um... Okay. Energy this, energy that, multiplication, amplification, something about Airbending and Square Laws and magic. Speaking of which, I have my own scientific explanation for magic (though that applies mostly to the Legend series), but I'd rather not drag it into this RP.

This is a crossover RP, where impossible sciences and implausible magics mix together. However, I do have to just say that Clerano's buffs are pretty pointless. Even if you boost everyone else's strength, apart from the mandatory "he/she felt stronger than usual", I'm not sure if it'll affect the flow of batlte. It's a passive type of spell that acts very steadily, unlike a healing spell, which is active and the effects are immediately visible.

Perhaps this point was already addressed in the past, but. Am I right to assume our counter guardian is basically this?

Saberbattle.jpg

Yes, only he wears a red-furred cloak around him and a crown over that.

If you know F/SN, then he became a Counter Guardian by betraying his Master to an evil man, who then gave him the power of the Holy Grail to travel back in time and rewrite the fate of Britain, which he went about doing by replacing himself with a different king, believing them able to do better. Needless to say...this new king was no King Arthur and so failed. It also turned out that the used Holy Grail was corrupt, its darkness seeped into the past, and one thing led to another...

...Long story short, Britain ended up being infested by demons, and by the time he realized that only he was able to lead Britain and that he had to take up arms, it was too late. His homeworld consumed, and in death, he was forced to obey his part of the deal and become a guardian for the multiverse.

Everybody is having a ridiculous argument about how energy could be created and/or multiplied to everyone else. Honestly, you're all being children. The Laws of Physics is thrown out the window, as is logic thanks to all the fictional universes intertwining in this universe. Sorry to be an ass, but thinking logically when you're talking about magic and energy in a world not the same as earth, is just like trying to convince LERNA that hope is as equal a truth as despair (Oh wait, POINT PROVEN!).

Laws of physics have been subdued a bit, but if you may take a look at the Sphere Forest of the Periphery (a rogue planetoid drifting through space, not a magical realm, mind you), they have not been thrown out of the window.

If you throw a stone, it still falls. If you breathe in, you're still breathing in oxygen, and you still can't breathe stuff like methane. If you throw a fireball at something, it'll burn. I like to think that there's always physics in magic, but that it's so advanced that nobody even bothers.

Every ability and spell have their own internal logic, and we shouldn't have to try and understand it unless it clashes against something else with its own internal logic. Then we have to apply the laws of physics, draw connections between the two different types of logic, and figure out the ultimate result. Since this is a crossover, this kind of situation tends to pop up more often than not.

With that done, I'll say this: please refrain from spamming. I mean, I know the posts here don't count towards the total and that meta-roleplaying is silly and fun, but if you're going to post things that are completely irrelevant to the Crossover RP...then please don't? If it's related to the RP in any way, then yes, feel free to go through with it and whatever~ but if it's about GLaDOS alone and there is absolutely no GLaDOS in any form inside the RP, then that's considered spam.

Sorry, guys.

Archived