The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Merci, pretty satisfying tier list for me. Most, if not all characters deserved their position. Though, kinda surprised about the abundance of summoner and transformation type characters here.

@Stalfos, Sarah/Aesir would be around 1 kilometers from B7, right? I guess that's close enough. Thanks!

EDIT: I guess Tenshi's landing sector can be interpreted as any sectors if anyone wanted to interact with her (it's still the Day part though). 

Looking at the character tier list, and I have some things to point out.

When Xansvita freed Gogiga, he hinted at Kozaky's demise, so I was suggesting that Kozaky may have perished in the Desert Seth.

Yosuke-kun posted with Jin and Cody returning to UBW after Arc 1, so if anything, they would have died in the Desert Seth.

I'm catching up on the posts. Once I have done so, I shall make one for my characters. As to why I have not posted in a few days, it was partly lack of motivation, but then I fell ill over the past couple of days. I'm still here, though, so expect a post for me before too much longer, say...in a few hours? It depends on how long it takes for me to slog through these posts.

Also, Merc. I was intending on sending Clerano to heal and retrieve Arthuria, along with his communication stone, and take him back to his group.

Edit: I love how Shadronus is unrankable. xD

Also, Merc, you DO realize that, with the proper spells and spell stacks, Clerano could probably be top-tier? Maybe make a note of that?

So I finally have a post up. Clerano has put several lower level spells in place, and will be stacking them as time goes on. The first ones to recieve stacks will be the siphoned power amplification output and input ones, each one reach a stack of three minimum with a ten-fold increase per stack. After that, he'll stack the aura and healing spells, then more siphoned power spell stacking and add a couple of stacks to elemental efficiency and elemental resistance respectively. Once I've reached that point, provided I reach that point before the situation changes in a way that requires changing the order of the spell stacking, I'll figure things out from there.

Also, Merc, you DO realize that, with the proper spells and spell stacks, Clerano could probably be top-tier? Maybe make a note of that?

I'm pretty sure that with the proper spells and spell stacks, anyone could become top tier. Really, the tier list only highlights the overall power system~ but I'll double-check your app.

Looking at the character tier list, and I have some things to point out.

When Xansvita freed Gogiga, he hinted at Kozaky's demise, so I was suggesting that Kozaky may have perished in the Desert Seth.

Yosuke-kun posted with Jin and Cody returning to UBW after Arc 1, so if anything, they would have died in the Desert Seth.

Yeah, I noticed and wasn't sure how to put them as. I'll edit them from Arc 1 to Arc 2, then.

They're currently low level spells with no stacks. I'll give a quick list.

Power siphoner and re-distributer spell

^Output ten-fold booster

^input ten-fold booster

Elemental ATK Increase

Elemental Resistance

Healing

Counter Attack/Move Aura

*Piercing

^ denotes spells that are directly tied in with the previous spell(s)

* denotes those that I am not sure were done in my last post. If not, I'll edit it in.

Right now, the spells are directly drawing on everyone, but are countered by the aura siphoning and booster spells. This will change as time goes on, but I think this is sufficient for the first post.

Additionally, is Arthuria gender-confused? Because I see posts that refer to him as a male AND as a female in the same darned, and while funny, it's confusing.

Arthuria has consistently identified as male, it's just that Merciful has had his voice and features being described as "feminine". Other characters are likely confused by Arthuria's gender as a result, but Arthuria is supposed to be male.

All the spells take from the power of the ones it is meant to benefit. The power siphoning spell is sent through an amplifier spell and sent to all Counter Corps members via the communication stones, then amplified again immediately prior to being recieved. This allows the spells to stay in effect, and the energy used to maintain them is constantly replenished.

The Counter Corps is on the Night side, while the Divine is on the Day side.

Kazuya, Kratos, and Black Dynamite are on C4N, so there's a diagonal movement there. Byakuya is at D7N, Frankram and Hapshiel are at E5N, Sharon is at D6N, so if we're talking about CC, you have Kazuya, Kratos, and Black Dynamite or Sharon.

Greatly appreciate.

Edit: and what posts are those flat maps on?

Awesome, I know how where one of my characters are, as well as his group. Now, quick question. Where is Arthuria, and where would the most direct route take Clerano through from his spot on C4N?

Also, for clarification, the initial cost for casting and activating spells all come from Clerano. The cost of maintaning the spells comes from each individual Counter Corps member. This is offset by the energy siphoning and amplification spells, which is currently set at a total stack of two for each person. This means that each Counter Corps member has 100,000th siphoned off, with 1,000th being returned. This 1,000th is then used up for maintaining the spells. Clerano will, soon enough, probably immediately before reaching Arthuria, double the current energy amplification stack, so that a tenth of full power will be returned from a hundred thousandth being siphoned rather than a thousandth being a returned, as is currently the case.

So, how exactly do we get more energy back from paying less? Energy just can't be created like that.

Also, if I've got it right, the spell and cost starts at Clerano, then moves to each CC. From then on the CC donates their power to the spell. So how does the amp spell work, the energy from the CC go directly to the spell. There isn't a conduit, the buff is based on them, so the power goes through them. So, how is there a return of power when the energy going to the buff cannot be given back?

If I'm reading this all right, Clerano is just leeching off everyone else with a bizzare perpetual energy spell, which probably isn't possible.

Awesome, I know how where one of my characters are, as well as his group. Now, quick question. Where is Arthuria, and where would the most direct route take Clerano through from his spot on C4N?

Arthuria is at C2N.

…Huh, I didn't even realize that when I made Ogudomon push Obelisk back there. Hmm, guess we'll see what Arthuria does. Anyway, that means that Clerano doesn't have that far to go.

No, no. a certain small amount is removed from everyone, amplified, then redistributed to everyone. So everyone gets a bit from Clerano, Ed, Kratos, etc. In short, everyone gives a tiny amount, then gets a larger amount back.

As to the catalyst for the power booster, I was thinking a certain small amount from whatever power source for the communication stones is. If that can't work, and I'll be waiting to hear from Merc specifically on that one, then it'll be a certain small amount of Clerano's aura that is used as the catalyst for the power boost, which will be ferried through the comunication stones as a medium, and that will be mostly covered by the amount of energy return. Once the energy booster spell is stacked again, it will more than cover the amount of aura drain.

So if it has to go by way of using his own aura as a catalyst for the energy boosting spells, that would actually mean that everyone else would be leeching off of him. Again, though, I'll wait to here from Merc on the energy from the communication stones as a catalyst before deciding on that route.

@Roxas: I would need to see the full world map to determine the path. From the sounds of things, though, it sounds like Clerano could get dragged into the battle. I rather like the sound of this, as well as the sound of Obelisk being in Clerano's debt if Clerano somehow manages to bring him back, although I'm not so sure about that one.

But that's what I don't smegging get: HOW do you get MORE energy. You can't create energy, amplification means you increase the potency, not the output. Output can never exceed 100% that's the problem. We all lose 0.001% of our energy to the spell, then somehow get back 1%. It doesn't add up. Where does the other energy come from? The spell can't be doing it since you're using the energy to maintain the amp spell.

But that doesn't matter since the energy drawn for each and every spell would never be sufficed by 0.001% anyways. So I don't get it, how can they self-sustain when energy can't be created, and it would all originally go to maintaining th ebuffs first anyways. If Clerano did buff everyone he'd be wiped in terms of his reserves as there are a many CC and no outlets back.

So that's my question, how did Clerano survive all those buffs and how does his spell somehow generate more energy when that is impossible. Energy is not god damn electricity.

Archived