The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

I am an idiot.
So I pitched the current scenario to a friend of mine, and he simply asked "why don't you patch up the hull breach with space tape, then use the OC Drive to jump through spacetime to the core? You emerged in space, so, when you were scanning the planet earlier, you know how round the thing is. From there, it's high school math to punch in the coordinates to the core."
Anyone who wants to get to the core, get on the Inch of Will.
We're taking a shortcut.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There! Posted! Plot advancements! Full, detailed description of the shell-core stuff! Viligance plot twist! Woohoo! 

We're about halfway through Arc 3 (and hence, over 70% into the Grand Crossover RP), and I'm pretty glad that we made it this far. After the shell penetrations will come the Sykes miniboss fight, and then once the Core is accessible, the true boss battle will begin. I WONDER WHO IT'LL BE?

But you know, I wasted quite a bit of time on that post, more than I'd been expecting to. Half my day's gone because of it .-.

Yay. I shall see what this post has brought for me.

Hope you're able to make up for lost time with the rest of the day.

Glad that Nox was mentioned, and now we see Protheus. Wasn't expecting Pandora to be a part of this, but hurray!

FFR, do you want to post with Sephiroth, or should I post with Sliske? Or should we both wait for Y-Tak to have the Inch of Will land?

Sephiroth needs to move, so I think I'll post with him.

I am an idiot.

So I pitched the current scenario to a friend of mine, and he simply asked "why don't you patch up the hull breach with space tape, then use the OC Drive to jump through spacetime to the core? You emerged in space, so, when you were scanning the planet earlier, you know how round the thing is. From there, it's high school math to punch in the coordinates to the core."

Anyone who wants to get to the core, get on the Inch of Will.

We're taking a shortcut.

If you're jumping through spacetime, because it's so fractured, isn't there a chance to not go where you're going, even with exact coordinates? Just asking, I've never had to deal with it much myself.

So the plan is for Bradbury to have been running simulations this whole time, and came up with this crazy plan of simply jumping through to the core.
However, we want as many people as possible onboard, since this is most likely a one-way trip, and the ship might not hold out for a third jump (considering it just went through an Overload Cascade 20 minutes ago, and is about to execute another...without shields...), Foster will elect to wait until as many Counter Corps members as possible are onboard before executing the Overload Cascade.

Foster will send out the plan to any CC members to meet him at his location and get onboard. More humanoid members get out of the cargo bay and into the cabin to allow for bigger members (i.e., MachGaogamon) to fit inside.

It's going to be tight both in interior space and time remaining, but it just might work.

Is there anyone who can use their abilities to reinforce the plug going across the hull breach?

Guys, Adamantium won't be a problem. All we have to do is mine it with a Mithril Drill, then we can combine the ore with a hell forge to create an Adamantium Forge. Then we can create Adamantium gear

We have 100 meters of this stuff to get through.

That's longer than a football field.

And this is an indestructible alloy.

I don't know how many times I'm gonna call bullsh*t on your plan TFF. Space and time is fractured. Success isn't 100% guaranteed. Try to come up with something more rational.

@Broken: This is not Minecraft. You can't mine an indestructable alloy no matter how hard you tried. Unless that drill is blessed by a top-tier character who can break the fourth wall, it's not gonna happen. Besides, who even has a Mithril Drill anyway?

So the plan is for Bradbury to have been running simulations this whole time, and came up with this crazy plan of simply jumping through to the core.

However, we want as many people as possible onboard, since this is most likely a one-way trip, and the ship might not hold out for a third jump (considering it just went through an Overload Cascade 20 minutes ago, and is about to execute another...without shields...), Foster will elect to wait until as many Counter Corps members as possible are onboard before executing the Overload Cascade.

Foster will send out the plan to any CC members to meet him at his location and get onboard. More humanoid members get out of the cargo bay and into the cabin to allow for bigger members (i.e., MachGaogamon) to fit inside.

It's going to be tight both in interior space and time remaining, but it just might work.

Is there anyone who can use their abilities to reinforce the plug going across the hull breach?

Hm, okay.

~~~~~

I think he was joking Muten Roshi

~~~

Has anyone made it to the last possible layer yet? I didn't see anyone when I read through, if I don't have to make a Sykes post, my life would be fantastic haha.

I don't know how many times I'm gonna call bullsh*t on your plan TFF. Space and time is fractured. Success isn't 100% guaranteed. Try to come up with something more rational.

@Broken: This is not Minecraft. You can't mine an indestructable alloy no matter how hard you tried. Unless that drill is blessed by a top-tier character who can break the fourth wall, it's not gonna happen. Besides, who even has a Mithril Drill anyway?

Which is why I'm trying to go around it.

It's worth a shot.

Has anyone made it to the last possible layer yet? I didn't see anyone when I read through, if I don't have to make a Sykes post, my life would be fantastic haha.

Considering I'm trying to get as many CC people on the Inch of Will as possible in the next 10 in-game minutes, I don't think you will.

The walls covering Layer III were specifically mentioned as being made of materials from Minecraft, so presumably, the rules of Minecraft may very well apply.

The walls covering Layer III were specifically mentioned as being made of materials from Minecraft, so presumably, the rules of Minecraft may very well apply.

Crap.

We have an ADMINIUM layer to contend with as well?!?

Well, I have a slight revision to the "bovine faeces" plan to make it less of an asspull.

The "we" refers to me, Roxas, TFF, Samhain and Merciful (Who will most likely only speak once in the entire conversation) over Skype.

Actually, if we're ever going to have a chat on Skype, I'd probably be able to reply consistently.

...Speaking of TFF, why are you a guest? And where did all your reputation go? What happened? ._. I'm also curious about where my avatar, signature, points went, but I'll figure that out later.

Anyway, information! While the Bedrock does come from the Minecraftverse, it is not indestructible - just incredibly powerful. Plus, this is only a very thin layer. Also, if you've read enough comics, then you'd know that Adamantium is not totally indestructible either. And it's only about ten meters deep (still a lot though, I know). You probably can mine it with a mythril drill, bit by bit :P

The fourth layer was originally going to be made from vibranium, but then I realized that that would be too extreme. Count yourselves lucky~

@Bailas: The last layer is IV (you'll be able to tell by the sea of lava, and by Sykes' presence). We're on the third layer, III, which has bedrock and stuff.

@Yumemi: Yep, physical, but they're also ghost-proof so you can't just faze through them.

[spoiler=And this is my post on spacetime travel and the dangers of it:]

Possibly, but it depends on what you mean by connection. The standard ways people use to travel through dimensions, be they through abilities or complex machines, aren't really usable anymore due to all the distortions. You could say that all the gateways have caved in.

Here's a breakup on the methods of traveling across universes.

The only way to bypass this is by unconventional interdimensional travel.

What Arthuria does is travel through the fabric of the multiverse itself, like traveling across a road from within its materials.

Isamy uses conceptual travel, meaning she employs the concept of 'teleporting from A to B' and bypasses spacetime itself. Think of it like this; if teleportation is like walking across a road, then instead of walking, she just disappears and ends up at the other end. Sayer does it similarly, but not quite on the same level since it requires both sides to have R.O.Ds, while Isamy doesn't need to worry about that at all.

Ophelia does it by keeping a log of Isamy's outings and using complex calculations to reveal the range of distortions and thereby determine a safe path through them. Imagine all the debris on the broken road to be explosive; this is like dodging past them to get to the other side.

The way LERNA did it was by using her barrier as a universe in and of itself, and then 'moving' her universe between other universes. Imagine it like using an enormous truck with absolutely gigantic tires to get across the road, riding over all hindrances safely.

There are also some other ways. Not sure if GLaDOS has used this in-story yet, but one of his ships travel by tearing through spacetime in order to make a path. Think of it like, instead of trying to make your way through that broken road, you run a bulldozer through it. Overkill, and would probably bring more bad than good, but it works.

So yeah. Lots of dangers, but it could work. Hopefully, Sykes will do something about that though.

Archived