The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, now that I have the chance to sort this out, here's what's going to happen.

King has already PM'ed me about The Jaws of Hell, and, since I granted it, he has full control of it until either the end of the Arc or when actually I get Internet, whichever goes through sooner.

Broken, you can take control of Sarah for the same length of time, just as long as you stay in character. Don't break it just because you want Sarah to do something.

And Kirei, if you want to speed Arc 2 up, then go ahead and take control of Lerna, then commence with the plan that we PM'ed earlier. OR you can just put the boss battle on hold until I get back. I'm probably unlikely to be back until Arc 3 goes up in the case of the former but if the boss battle goes slowly enough...

As for me getting Internet back at my new flat, that's up in the air at the moment.

Question; is it in character for her to strip down to her undies and then doing a sultry desert dance?

:huh: I think that would just end up bringing out the perv in every male in the RP (Not just the characters either), just saiyan. ;)

Anyway, would it be weird if Tsunugai just pulls a Deus Ex Machina and appear before Joker, Kenpachi and Yachiru? If not, then I have a plan. Zurkon, expect a PM soon.

Actually, no, it wouldn't be weird. Considering how long it's been since you've posted with Tsunugai, I'm willing to accept that he was able to make his way to that area within the given timeframe, provided that you address anything he could have run into along the way, although he could have easily avoided any confrontations. However, Decibel has said he'd like the keep the battle between Mr. Zurkon and himself. So basically, I'm allowing Tsunugai to appear in that area, but I'd advise asking Decibel and/or Mr. Zurkon for permission.

He said I was free to kill Kenpachi/Yachiru, but for this sort of stuff, it's better to have it go between 2 people back and forth and do whatever. So I asked him if he's really going to be inactive, and asked him whether I should just write out the whole long battle and spoiler it in my post, but he hasn't read that yet. What do you think?

Should I start writing the post, and just spoiler it?

Perfect Balance: Dorian's mind, body, and soul are always in perfect sync with each other and thanks to the series of spirits that inhabit his mind, body, and soul it is next to impossible to dissuade him. Whenever one of his three pieces (mind, body, and soul) are affected in a negative manner the other two will kick in and take over.  In short he is borderline immune to illusions, possessions, and pretty much all mind games. Doesn't help him against other status adjusting effects such as poisons, physical damage, and fatigue.

Hey BailiasGale, wouldn't Stop be counted as 'other status adjusting effects'? It's not an illusion, possession, or a mind game; it's magic that is forcing your body to stop moving. I'm merely trying to get clarification on how Dorian's ability actually works.

Hey BailiasGale, wouldn't Stop be counted as 'other status adjusting effects'? It's not an illusion, possession, or a mind game; it's magic that is forcing your body to stop moving. I'm merely trying to get clarification on how Dorian's ability actually works.

I would call that a mild form of possession. Status effects like SLP (chemically induced), BRN, PSN, and chemically induced paralysis, are very effective to Dorian as shown in Arc 1 when TFF poisoned him and knocked him unconscious. And again as the Megaflare has clearly burned him and those wounds are still there. Stop being magic based would come down to your magic versus the combined magic of the spirits (and now Egyptian Gods) that are helping him, which just doesn't work out. Picture Dorian as Naruto...just on the darker side and probably plot haxy..or strong. 

Let me put it this way. Sleep would affect both body and mind simultaneously, while the soul may not be able to negate that. Conversely, Stop only affects him from moving his body, although I don't know if it's clear if anyone under the affects of Stop are aware of their surroundings. If Stop would allow Dorian to be frozen where he stands, but still able to see what's going on, then it would not have affected his mind, meaning that his mind and soul have been able to free him. However, if Stop makes it so that his senses are also frozen in time - meaning that, as far as he's concerned, time would have skipped ahead, as he did not see or hear what happened between when Stop was first cast and when it wore off - then soul wouldn't be able to compensate for both his mind and body being affected. At least, I'm assuming that incapacitating two of the pieces would make it difficult, if not impossible, for the third to take control.

FFR, does Stop affect Dorian's mind?

Bailas, if Dorian's mind and body have been negatively affected, could his soul heal him?

Stop is a temporal magic, as such it freezes the subject in time. Thus it would apply to all 3 simultaneously. Only those outside of normal time parameters would be unaffected by such a spell.

Agreed, Stop is temporal magic. However, when Matthew first cast the spell within the Role Play the first effected person was allowed to see and hear; I have to play it the same way each time, it wouldn't be fair. So Matthew's Stop will be a spell that only effects his body this time but it will from this point on be referred to as temporal magic. So, in this case, Dorian's ability would nullify Stop but if he gets effected a second time it will not.

Archived