The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LERNA's location is kind of within F5. At least, the location of the portal into her world.

And dear god, did the Renegade Joker just...? Isn't this a bit too early? While I'm confident that the boss is still superior to him, I worry about the well-being of everyone else. Their conceptual existences are all on a lower rank.

I'm looking through Ed's app, and if he was the ability to cut through air, is it possible for him to cut through dark matter?

Air is still normal matter. Dark matter is like an anomaly that shouldn't exist, and it can only be destroyed by other dark matter.

Like if you were to bring a normal sword into a dark-matter universe, it would be indestructible (think of it as the universe ignoring its existence yet acknowledging it at the same time). That is, except unless you brought something from the normalverse that can logically break the sword. But I guess since both universes still obey vectors despite their different existences, even Isamy's equipment are vulnerable to the Joker.

But Decibel, I will remind you about the spacetime anomalies, and so some powers could very well backfire upon you - like twisting something until it breaks.

... okay, I really need a little help with the situation over in H2.  If anyone would like to help me with that, maybe over PM or Skype, whichever.... @_@

EDIT: Okay, I've gone back to the original post, and I've finally decided where I wanna go from there.  Still gonna take a little while, though....  jeez, having to control someone else's OCs can be such a trial....

I'll just say this.

He is about a mile or two off the ground, still in fully awakened status atm and flying pretty fast with his wings.

He is not consciously thinking, but a divinity has entered him and his calculations can be done the moment something happens.

It won't last forever, but it'll last long enough to be extremely deadly even to the highest tiers (Divine/CC/Unaligned). LERNA would probably be win, IDK, I'll look over the app, but it'll be immensely long and basically equal. If she (?) wins, then it'll be with a lot of struggle.

@Merciful: None of this is reality-altering power, actually.

He can do calculations unbelievably fast, to the point it seems like he can see the future.

He can manipulate any vector without touching it.

He can "create" vectors for things which don't have "any" atm (magic, etc) in moments, by just learning how they work, and giving them identification. They already exist, just unknown until the Joker analyzes it within the moments of less than a second.

He can subjugate lower divine beings with pure energy and bend them to his will.

His faults are overwritten, and his personality is removed. His initial goal satisfied, the divine being of hell is controlling him atm. It is alien to every world, from a plane above any's existence.

He becomes much stronger and tank-like without even his basic upgrade powers. He can take on a blow which would vaporize Eurasia without his shield. It would speed back at much faster than it came and much stronger, if it didn't instantly vaporize as it turned on itself. He can start to eradicate entire species with touches.

His original powers he had become stronger and less power-up time.

@EDIT: I just saw Lerna's app, and the only way she could probably be a match is from the copy power, and even so, it'd be a mirror match. Troys would be useless against him, and he could just blast stuff into the portal before it could close, killing much more than she'd want. The Kiss or whatever wouldn't work, as he's not human, nor is he pure. He'd also be wary before even getting close to the witch, which would cut down a lot of that possibility of power steal, until he understands her a bit more, and can adapt to it.

@Merciful: None of this is reality-altering power, actually.

He can do calculations unbelievably fast, to the point it seems like he can see the future.

He can manipulate any vector without touching it.

He can "create" vectors for things which don't have "any" atm (magic, etc) in moments, by just learning how they work, and giving them identification. They already exist, just unknown until the Joker analyzes it within the moments of less than a second.

He can subjugate lower divine beings with pure energy and bend them to his will.

Explain.

Space and vectors are directly connected, so if a vector is being manipulated, it's only logical to assume that space is being manipulated with it. As far as I can see, you're assuming that changing the vector of an object is like painting a color over it; it's not. Everything that is matter and energy is called space, and if you try to change the innate properties of any of these, that's bending space no matter how you try to put it.

@EDIT: I just saw Lerna's app, and the only way she could probably be a match is from the copy power, and even so, it'd be a mirror match. Troys would be useless against him, and he could just blast stuff into the portal before it could close, killing much more than she'd want. The Kiss or whatever wouldn't work, as he's not human, nor is he pure. He'd also be wary before even getting close to the witch, which would cut down a lot of that possibility of power steal, until he understands her a bit more, and can adapt to it.

LERNA's internal world is fixed, so I imagine that any manipulated vector would automatically reset itself. Also, blasting stuff into the portal won't work. There's a reason why BlackWarGreymon can't enter it on his own, because he's Class 0, thus he's more of a robot than a real entity. He may as well be a missile. The barrier only responds to entities entering it. Now, if somebody carried him in, it would be possible for him to get inside, or otherwise everyone would end up naked when they enter.

This applies to all Witches, not just LERNA. Apart from that, her powers are hers own.

If the Joker were to adapt to this, I would like to see how. Perhaps we should have them battle soon enough.

@Phantom: I'd prefer if he wasn't defeated, but okay.

@Merci: Here's the link to the power description: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Vector_Manipulation

It's strictly a scientific power, and I had based the character off of Accelerator from Raildex, which was a scientific power in that universe.

I get what you mean, but from whatever sources I looked, it stated it was not a reality-warping power.

It manipulates the values of things from a perspective of like using some sort of program, while "magic" is more of a "power from god" with summonings/holy stuff/etc.

s: Not really sure what to say.

@Phantom: I'd prefer if he wasn't defeated, but okay.

@Merci: Here's the link to the power description: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Vector_Manipulation

It's strictly a scientific power, and I had based the character off of Accelerator from Raildex, which was a scientific power in that universe.

I get what you mean, but from whatever sources I looked, it stated it was not a reality-warping power.

It manipulates the values of things from a perspective of like using some sort of program, while "magic" is more of a "power from god" with summonings/holy stuff/etc.

He's losing to a scientific principle. It's the same as how the misaka clones used windmills to change the flow of air to distort his vectors. Thanks to all the dimension warping by bringing all of the characters together it would be hard for a character to calculate ever changing vectors like that. In LERNA's case you just couldn't. Her world is based in some unknown principle that one wouldn't mathematically figure out.

@Merci: Here's the link to the power description: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Vector_Manipulation

I think you're making a false assumption here. Not everything that bends space has to be magical.

I mean, space itself and the presence of gravity are scientific in nature. It doesn't matter whether it's magic or science, as long as it's bending space, it's bending space. It's not like I'm casting Imagine Breaker on it or anything. If you set fire on a box with a magical fireball, it will be no different than using a match to light it up. I'm pretty sure that there are dozens upon dozens of sci-fi series that have space-manipulating devices without any magic. Interdimensional travel, teleportation, heck, even decreasing/increasing gravity could count. Same case here. That's that.

Edit: And Bailas is mostly right about LERNA's barrier. While you could figure it out hypothetically, it would be like trying to divide by an irrational imaginary unit.

He's losing to a scientific principle. It's the same as how the misaka clones used windmills to change the flow of air to distort his vectors. Thanks to all the dimension warping by bringing all of the characters together it would be hard for a character to calculate ever changing vectors like that. In LERNA's case you just couldn't. Her world is based in some unknown principle that one wouldn't mathematically figure out.

Normally he wouldn't be able to, but in his awakened state, he can identify previously unknown vectors and manipulate them, as well as being to calculate and adapt at a near instant rate.

EDIT: I found the original quote when you first talked about my app. My apologies, the power is magical.

I'll make a more thorough analysis of your app later (I'm a little sleepy right now xD), but could you make a little more detailed explanation of Phasing, since I have no idea what the 'usual' is supposed to be?

Plus, as your characters' powers revolve around spatial distortion, keep in mind that they may not work like you intend them to. Spacetime is really unstable right now, and twisting it further may prove to have disastrous effects. For one, you may accidentally split an atom or two and unleash vast amounts of nuclear fission energy. Or, you may splinch. In any case, just be careful when manipulating space. The other characters are alright since they're drawing their power from predetermined aspects, barely scratching the surface of space when they teleport every now and then, but when you start messing with space just to achieve minor results, the consequences will not be pretty.

Just remember that Spatial Shift can easily backfire in an RP like this~

Quite possibly, but honestly, it depends on how his vectorization ability is treated. If it's like a magical power, then there's nothing stopping him from getting to top tier, but if it's a spatial distortion, then he's pretty much in the same situation as Itsu Fudo. Extremely powerful, but with far-too-dangerous drawbacks.

It's a magical ability of sorts. It's based off science but tremendously amplified and changed by magical input to make it stronger and better.

Edit: I know about the Spatial Shift being trouble, it's just part of being a Joker in his universe, as well as Phasing, so I included the two. SS is not going to see much use. Neither is Phasing. Phasing is passing between the living world and Limbo of his universe. The usual is just fading after a while, but his is different, as described in the app. Technically, as for his power, he could hold back the blast of an atomic bomb, but if he didn't do something about it, the lack of oxygen would kill him. He can match on par with top tier quote easily, I don't know anything about surpassing or all, to be fair.

Alright then. Looks like we have another top tier character. Remember to keep him under control, okay~

Oh? If that's the case, then he shouldn't be capable of Phasing, since that technically goes into the category of interdimensional travel. Apart from eldritch abominations, Isamy, and Emiya, it should be impossible.

I think it's accept-worthy, but I won't accept it just yet - not until Arc 1 ends.

I'll admit, I was largely using MachGaogamon as a voicebox to call out the bullshit on Bagramon saying "You lack ideals and the conviction to uphold them" in spite of DarkKnightmon being the most proactive villain in that show, while Bagramon did little other than sitting on his throne for most of Xros Wars, but I do think MachGaogamon's words match perfectly with his character.

Too bad he's too far away from Arthur get help.

I'll admit, I was largely using MachGaogamon as a voicebox to call out the bullshit on Bagramon saying "You lack ideals and the conviction to uphold them" in spite of DarkKnightmon being the most proactive villain in that show, while Bagramon did little other than sitting on his throne for most of Xros Wars, but I do think MachGaogamon's words match perfectly with his character.

Too bad he's too far away from Arthur get help.

Hmm I think on my next post I'll just end the Dorian/Anansi vs. fight it doesn't seem people want these characters to die just yet lol

I just realized that Emiya can easily beat the Renegade Joker, compared to everyone else. He'd probably do it better than even Isamy, and even in the Renegade's new form.

On the powerlisting for Vector Manipulation, it highlights that one of its main weaknesses are Conceptual Attacks - things that ignore vectors, and obey concepts instead. And that just so happens to be one of his specialties.

Archived