The Grand Crossover RP - Pathway to Origin [OOC/Apps Closed for Finale]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, just searching. So far, she's picked out Ivankov, Frankram, and Foster, and is currently searching to see if there are any other human Class 1 Entities.

Judaihime and Melvin are valid targets, but the former's link with Yubel could resist, while I DARE you to try and Kiss Melvin.

And I wonder when Butlerok will realize that giving LERNA the Alpha Stigma is the wrong thing to do

If she chooses to be Ragnarok/Butler again she's making a much bigger gamble.

Also I don't understand Thermo. If she's on team LERNA then doesn't she have like an army of allies and the strongest one on the field at this moment.

If she chooses to be Ragnarok/Butler again she's making a much bigger gamble.

Also I don't understand Thermo. If she's on team LERNA then doesn't she have like an army of allies and the strongest one on the field at this moment.

Yes and no. Troys seem to be merely weapons to her; she's not actually 'in a party' with LERNA and any of the Troys. It's really up to Merciful's discretion.

Yes and no. Troys seem to be merely weapons to her; she's not actually 'in a party' with LERNA and any of the Troys. It's really up to Merciful's discretion.

That's how I see it.

By turning the Troys into weapons, they no longer count as allies.

Plus, she is specifically engaging a few people, and no other familiars are fighting those specific people.

Here's the explanation for Class Entities.

And there is no such thing as a Class 5...well, technically, WE are the Class 5 Entities. If I didn't have these RP rules all set down, then one of us could just waltz right into the IC thread and write down "And then SUPERCRAZYGIRL071 yells "NO U", appears out of nowhere and accidentally lands onto LERNA, crushing her to death".

Edit:

Don't targets have to be pure as well?

Look at Ivankov, Foster, and Frankram. They're ordinary humans in every way. Sure, Ivankov has a genetic weapon inside of him allowing him to do crazy things and Foster is mechanically-enhanced, but remember the rules of a Class 1 Entity; "no matter how far technology advances, an enhanced being will always be in this class since they're fundamentally 'normal". As long as the soul inside of them remains untainted, they're pure humans.

But LERNA can't affect beings like Riley or Kozaky, since while they're Class 1 Entities, their souls are tainted by magical forces.

Uh Merc, Frankram IS a magician, his body is tainted by magical forces. And Ivankov is tainted by the supernatural power of his Devil Fruit.

Also, I find it funny how oyu guys aren't seeing the flaws with LERNA's powers. They're like, super obvious. Hell, one of you actually has the capacity to take advantage of a specific weakness of her copy ability.

Uh Merc, Frankram IS a magician, his body is tainted by magical forces. And Ivankov is tainted by the supernatural power of his Devil Fruit.

Also, I find it funny how oyu guys aren't seeing the flaws with LERNA's powers. They're like, super obvious. Hell, one of you actually has the capacity to take advantage of a specific weakness of her copy ability.

Alright, I was uncertain about Frankram in the first place anyway.

But while I know about Ivankov and the Devil Fruit, it doesn't really strike me as magical. The Horm-Horm Fruit itself grants the user the ability to create and control special hormones. I suppose that the Fruit itself is magical in nature, but for some reason, I feel as though the guy himself remains a human. Or something like that. I'm not sure. I'll have to think it over.

And as for the flaws with LERNA's powers, I don't see any of her weaknesses as super-obvious. But if you have something in mind, perhaps you would like to try it.

Oh yeah, I saw that, but Dorian can't even touch something as strong as LERNA...well at this stage of the game sure. Hopefully Melvin will at some point act right and fork over that Millennium Rod lol 

Completely forgot classes went up to 4. My mistake. I guess what I meant to say was if a Class 4 Entity could kill LERNA at all?

Well the unnerfed RJ evolved form has a 5% chance of doing it and he's a class 4. LERNA has chosen to ignore existence because of how inconsequential his presence is. 

The Devil Fruit taints Ivankov's soul because of the fact that the reason anyone who eats it can't swim is because they're cursed by the sea itself or something to that affect.

I assume that the flaw in LERNA's copy ability would be to force her to copy an ability, only for her to be defeated by an opposing ability. Either that or she'd copy an ability that would somehow cause her to collapse in on herself or something.

So LERNA took note of Arthur pretty much because I made Arthur consider that he could try something, since he's travelled to the Digital World?

I assume that the flaw in LERNA's copy ability would be to force her to copy an ability, only for her to be defeated by an opposing ability. Either that or she'd copy an ability that would somehow cause her to collapse in on herself or something.

Yeah I think your second suggestion is one that could be exploited. But one has to force her to choose the right person to do that too lol.

Oh yeah, I saw that, but Dorian can't even touch something as strong as LERNA...well at this stage of the game sure. Hopefully Melvin will at some point act right and fork over that Millennium Rod lol 

Well the unnerfed RJ evolved form has a 5% chance of doing it and he's a class 4. LERNA has chosen to ignore existence because of how inconsequential his presence is. 

I only put like 5% because I wanted to not make it ridiculously OP'd, and I thought it would be around that level.

L E R N A is a Witch, and she's designed to be the endgame boss for this arc, and she can copy powers, and use them at 8X the level.

It's about 5% with current factors, but if she makes an accident, allies come, etc, then it will change. It's just saying as for now with a one-on-one.

If you're okay with me increasing that number, I will.

Also, for vectors.

L E R N A will be able to understand vectors, but she won't be able to use the Darkwing Awakening themselves, as they are manifested by having a god-entity enter in, (DH in this case). L E R N A is a god of sorts, and she may be able to force more power output, but Darkwing will be unique and need to have inhabitation by the entity to make the same wings and powers. The entities will not just target anyone either, and may or may not avoid L E R N A, as they don't exist, but exist at the same time. Sort of like a Class 5-6 entity I guess, but with limitations on the powers because of the host's limitations.

Also, will the RJ's ability to semi-manipulate weaker divine beings work on L E R N A?

Completely forgot classes went up to 4. My mistake. I guess what I meant to say was if a Class 4 Entity could kill LERNA at all?

The Class list has nothing to do with strength, it's merely a category of being. A Class 0 can kill a Class 4.

Possibly, but I believe she has the ability to know exactly what the ability does and will do, since she looks into the past workings of the ability before copying said ability.

Yeah I think your second suggestion is one that could be exploited. But one has to force her to choose the right person to do that too lol.

In my experience with boss fights, and my god does Final Fantasy have many of them, you can't force a boss to do anything. Even if you had a power there would be little green text popping up saying they were immune.

Also, will the RJ's ability to semi-manipulate weaker divine beings work on L E R N A?

No, because you're not stronger than she is.

Sort of like a Class 5-6 entity I guess, but with limitations on the powers because of the host's limitations.

And there is no such thing as a Class 5...well, technically, WE are the Class 5 Entities. If I didn't have these RP rules all set down, then one of us could just waltz right into the IC thread and write down "And then SUPERCRAZYGIRL071 yells "NO U", appears out of nowhere and accidentally lands onto LERNA, crushing her to death".

…How badly do you want the Renegade Joker to… Well, I'll be generous and say the fourth arc. Do you want to see him make it that far?

Class 4 is already divine level. Gods and stuff. Whether a character can manipulate the universe and warp reality, or do something as insignificant as manipulate vectors instantaneously, they'll never get to Class 5. Ever. Because in the end, they're a fictional character, and they will never be able to physically escape the fourth wall.

And classes don't determine power level. A Class 1 may be able to beat a Class 3, and a Class 0 may be able to beat a Class 4. It only classifies their role and nature in the multiverse into four simple categories. LERNA is very well capable of taking on the Class 4 Awakened Renegade Joker in a one-on-one battle, but I'd say that she's vulnerable to Class 4 Entities who can warp time (removing her from the face of existence) or space (destroying the world she's in without even getting close to her range).

Probably not. LERNA is not a divine being, she's just an extremely corrupted representation of Galina Hikari's soul. Like of her like an atomic bomb - the bomb's power comes from within an atom, while her power comes from within the human soul.

Possibly, but I believe she has the ability to know exactly what the ability does and will do, since she looks into the past workings of the ability before copying said ability.

This is correct, more or less. As soon as you enter her range, information on the workings of your existence are instantaneously absorbed using the past experiences of the designated character, and she can choose to assume one of these 'infomation packs' if she so wants. However, they're entirely dependent upon the knowledge of the actual owner, so if the person in question has no idea how their power works and LERNA can't figure it out herself, chances are that she'd prefer not to take the risk of using it.

One limitation is that she can only assume one at a time, so if she wants to switch to another, she basically 'deletes' the information pack she already has and replaces it with another one. But anyway, once you enter her range, she'll know how your powers work as long as you yourself are aware of it.

If you want to know another limitation, it's that LERNA has the mindset of an overly philosophical fourteen-year-old girl. She may sound smart, and indeed she's seen a great many things since leaving her home universe, but people like L Lawliet could probably beat her in intelligence. In other words, she can be outsmarted.

So LERNA took note of Arthur pretty much because I made Arthur consider that he could try something, since he's travelled to the Digital World?

More or less. Well, in a way, Arthur is capable of existing in three different forms of existence; normal, Greek-divine (where his Apollo-y talents come from), and digital. But despite this, he's still classified as a Class 2 since he can't harness the power to traverse these forms at will.

Archived