woah, Woah, WOAH!

Source for all of this is Org/DGz

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9871/3bhv.jpg

"The rules concerning Deck Construction for official tournaments will change in the latter part of September 2013, check V-Jump on sale the 21st of August for news on this and the Forbidden and Limited List!"

It also mentions at least Japan and South East Asia and the Phillipines will be getting an overhaul in the Tournament System. (the favorite theory is the East getting the West tournament structure)

:o

It most probably is an expansion to the Extra Deck size because of so many synchros and Xyzs coming out. Wouldn't be surprised if they decided to try and limit it to 10 of each type (if you are to play 16-20) and expand it to 20.

Of course, it may just also be a convoluted way of saying they're changing the banlist.

It could be something which has a new take on the ban list. Maybe a rotation system or even something like a "Super Limited" type thing, where you can only run 1 of the chosen cards in the Super Limited section. For example

SUPER LIMITED
Pot of Greed
Monster Reborn
Heavy Storm

Lets just choose these, you can only run 1 of these cards. If you choose Pot of Greed, you cannot run Monster Reborn or Heavy Storm. If you choose Heavy Storm, you cannot run Pot of Greed or Monster Reborn etc etc

I dunno, I'm.just shoving stupid ideas out of the way really

It most probably is an expansion to the Extra Deck size because of so many synchros and Xyzs coming out. Wouldn't be surprised if they decided to try and limit it to 10 of each type (if you are to play 16-20) and expand it to 20.

Of course, it may just also be a convoluted way of saying they're changing the banlist.

If its like that IDK if they will also effect it with fusions or not?

What do you really think the chances of them changing a part of the game that has been set from pretty much the very start will be? It will change all the video games and how they work too. I doubt they will change the size limits. I mean, "Deck Construction" could mean a lot of things.

I'd like to see deck min size be increased. Going up to 60 and making it a 4 card min would be interesting. I can't see the extra deck increasing in size. While it might be SUPER cramped, its a free resource and is VERY dangerous.

That'd give birth to a really complicated thing. Having a new type of limited section in the banlist that lets you just use 3 copies of something (It might or might not happen if that was the case, and it'd be very annoying to follow all those nitpickings, but it'd be possible to think about it).

I wonder what that is about, my mind goes around with a lot of possibilities.

-Changing the copies per deck of cards.

-Changing Extra Deck or Main Deck limit/minimum.

-Changing what Levels require what Tributes.

-Maybe a limit to the Special Summoning.

-Maybe changing how even phases of a turn are dealt with. 

IDK, I'm really curious.

Maybe is something regarding a new type of card? Since I don't think that Zexal will last for much long...

Nah I think ZeXal still has a while to go, personally.

Btw, there is a pattern of coinsidence made by TCG booster packs.

From "Legend of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon" to "Flaming Eternity" is 14 booster packs. That's how long DM lasted.

From "The Lost Millenium" to "Light of Destruction" is 13 booster packs. That's how long GX lasted.

From "The Duelist Genesis" to "Extreme Victory" is 12 booster packs. That's how long 5Ds lasted.

From "Generation Force" to "Legacy of the Valiant" is 11 packs. If the pattern goes as follows, that should be the end of ZeXal.

Most likely though, it's gonna go beyond that. They want to keep it for as long as they can. Kazuki Takahashi wanted 5Ds to be the last, and it was originally gonna be a lot longer, if not for outside reasons. IDK what his stance on ZeXal was, but the people in charge of it probably want to extend it as much as possible before going back to him to ask for another generation.

Besides, story-wise, Yuma barely has half the numbers, and Don Thousand is still way over the level of the heroes, and the trip for Astral and Kazuma is still not even hinted at, if they can even get to the Astral World. Among other unresolved bits of the plot.

Besides, story-wise, Yuma barely has half the numbers, and Don Thousand is still way over the level of the heroes, and the trip for Astral and Kazuma is still not even hinted at, if they can even get to the Astral World. Among other unresolved bits of the plot.

Yuma goes to the Astral World in a couple of episodes, with the help of V and Kaito.

Something that's been floating about in a lot of Fake banlists is this:

Part with Dragon Rulers says that you can only have 6 "Dragon Ruler" cards in your deck.

So essentially the Vanguard deck restrictions for YGO.

What do people think of that idea.

It would make sense considering that Konami really don't want to put all 8 cards on a ban list. A special consideration section would help ease the ban list too (especially with Exodia)

I don't think it's that great of an idea. It's already tedious to keep track of a banlist, a limited list, and a semi-limited list when following specific exceptions to the "3 copies of whatever you want" rule that should be set in stone but can't because of bad design. Let alone go that way and have a group of cards restricted by rule of the game as if they were anything other than another archetype like any other. Absurdly powerful, but still just an archetype.

Lightsworns back in the day, people also didn't really know what exactly the hits should be, or Blackwings when starting out, or TeleDAD.

Dragon Rulers will go down in a more subtile way (probably).

Looking at the whole deck construction rule I been testing out Duels with 60 card duels and such (will be testing 50 card duels at some point) to see how it effects the game if it does come to that being the big rule change on deck construction.

because the deck size increase at the moment is the most likely thing to occur at this point of time for the rule change.

Archived