Pokemon X & Y (Post Launch)

Eury

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reached the town after the big city. First horde was against five Scraggy. Struggle Bug is great there, hitting them all and now having 50 power.

Team is

Quilladin (f) +ATK - DEF

Pancham (f) +SDef - Def (got it via trade)

Combusken (m) +Atk - Spd (isn't that funny?)

Wartortle (m) +SpA - Def

Vivillion (f) +SpA -Spd

Gollet (n/a) +def -spd (got it via wonder trade. Anyone tested that yet?)

I now lament having decided to start the game in spanish. Wish I could change it now.

My zone says I live in California (because no eShop in Paraguay) and my Vivillion has orange wings with the back wings having yellow and green.

I'm actually scared that I'm going to over level my Pokemon before I get to the second gym. They are all level 27 and I just arrived in the town with fossils, the gym better be soon

You're a bit overleveled.

Gym leader has 2 25 pokemon, and there's a whole cave and 2 routes, albeit both with minimal trainers, before the gym town.

I'm also at the Fossil town, with my team at around 22-23. I think I'm a bit underlevelled but that's ok. I know my Bagon (level 17) is underlevelled and is taking forever to catch up.

At the moment, I'm using Pokemon Amie on my Eevee. How do I know if it has enough affection to evolve?

If you click switch instead of play it'll show the affection. Have to get all 5 hearts and know a Fairy type move (learns Charm at 29).

Took me almost 2 hours. :L

Man, I am absolutely certain that the male to female ratio for Litleo is 1:7, since thye're that damn rare.

It's funny though, given the context: Males are pretty uncommon in lion prides, and the alphas typically have a harem of females, hence why there are more female Pyroars than males.

Sailing Pokemon cannot Surf, logic :3

Urgh, that hurt.

Since Aurorus apparently can't Surf (which was the main reason for wanting to include it on my team), would people then recommend Aurorus or Tyrantrum? My final team so far looks like it'll be Chesnaught, Pyroar, Aegislash, Sylveon, and maybe Vivillon (only because I've grown attached to that damn butterfly, so that may change).

Urgh, that hurt.

Since Aurorus apparently can't Surf (which was the main reason for wanting to include it on my team), would people then recommend Aurorus or Tyrantrum? My final team so far looks like it'll be Chesnaught, Pyroar, Aegislash, Sylveon, and maybe Vivillon (only because I've grown attached to that damn butterfly, so that may change).

Tyrantrum really puts dents in teams. I'm loving him.

At the final Team Flare base once again won't spoil.

I love the 7th gym it's done really well even though over world is 2d that would have been mind screw in 3D.

I believe Goomy is slow exp group as it's still 20 levels behind my team and not made any gain.

Charizard (Quirky) - Lv 63

Tyrantrum (Jolly) - Lv 63

Greninja - (Timid) - Lv 63

Sliggoo (Hardy) - Lv 44

That's with no grinding since Geosage (or w/e it's called). Grenjinja doesn't seem to naturally learn any Dark Moves...and I haven't found Ice Beam (unless its a gym present) and it's stuck with bar Surf moves it learnt as a Froakie.

Noticed an issue with the memory person in one of the towns, apparently Kangaskhan remembers helping me beat a gym leader, it may have been in a team, but I've never used it in a gym match.

Next run through NEVER using EXP Share again, my team is usually only 20 something by this time in game play. (21 hours

Location of Fairy gym would make a better Dark/Ghost location you'll see why when you get there. Also the gym is very Saffron inspired.

The Team Flare leader is no Ghetsis. Infact I like him less than Ghetsis who I never really liked.

Got Gengar's mega stone and Abomasnow's

You get to ride Mamoswine =D.

Yveltal automatically takes first position in team, I don't know if it takes out a Pokemon like for example Lugia did in XD or Zekrom/Reshiram in BW.

Oblivion Wing is awesome.(Flying 80 Power/100 Acc) User (Yveltal) drains it's opponents HP and heals the user by half. Think the Mega Drain, Absorb etc

Astro it learns it through leveling so in theory it should be able to.

Team Flare bases are a bit blegh in design after the Plasma Frigate.

Team Flare boss has Mega Gyarados.

Thanks British Soul. Getting fed up of Surf, Quick Attack, Water Pulse. Although I haven't really used an TMs yet.

I like how HMs come under Use Move makes it easier than scrolling through a big set of options.

Tyrantrum learning Earthquake at Lv 47 makes me happy (about the same level Greninja gets Hydropump I believe.

Trust a Route (18) with Durant mentioned to have Heatmor that lunge at you.

Great and now Serebii says the Pokemon I want is on Route 16 grr. Then again 16 isn't a mandatory route to go through.

Archived