They didn't have problem with charging him with bodily harm even though there isn't even a victim of that supposed "bodily harm", and the fact that Yugo knew it would happen suggests that fabricated accuses are par of the course in Neo Neo Domino. It's pretty clear that the police is crooked as hell, and if you're a Common your life can be destroyed at the whim of any whiny Top or crooked cop. It's more or less like the USA under Jim Crow laws, only even worse.

And that is saying A LOT.

This is even worse than back in 5Ds.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind that Security forces were NOT present when Yugo got reported in the Tops area. The civilians obviously exaggerated the circumstances, maybe saying he was acting threatening or something. They don't like the "street rats" of the City, so they'd be prone to assuming the worst by default, or tweaking the truth with malicious intent. That's how they have an "assaulting civilians" charge. Security mooks are simply told to pursue them because they did X. They don't have to confirm X actually happened. That's not their job.

It's possible if Security arrested them and interrogated them, they'd be able to drop the assault charge and still get hit with the trespassing charge or whatever. Either way, that's not a comfortable risk for Yuya and co to take.

And I like the point made about how the smiles and entertainment motif is about not losing humanity in the face of conflict. This is a very deep moral and is probably what the writers are aiming for. Yuya not realizing this and taking the advice a touch too literally may actually help him grow further as a character, because in the face of REAL conflict, Yuya usually slips into berserk mode, and has used that advice to remember his real self (before his Sora rematch).

We can criticize that he's not taking situations seriously, but the writers don't seem to be playing the situation completely straight. They had Sawatari irritated that Yuya was doing his Entertainment Duel. So the other characters are aware that what Yuya is doing is completely stupid. That means the writers are probably self-aware enough to KNOW it's out of place, and that's probably the point.

As a side point, it may also prompt the realization that results do not justify the methods, only in a different way than normal. Yuya's behavior got the results of tipping off the Security leader that they're not the criminals. But his method was stupid, by playing the situation for a farce. Other characters use opposite methods (extremism) to get good results, but this is usually portrayed as BAD morality. Yuya got the results he wanted (indirectly), but his method was poorly chosen for the circumstances.

In fairness, Yuya was being deliberately over-the top to try and cheer up Reira, and to distract the police so Serena could take Reira and sneak off. Neither worked, cos Reira's impossible to please, and Serena aint gonna miss out on no fight.

That said, it was still kinda dumb. I know we're supposed to applaud his non violent solution, but that's not why watch yugioh. They're called duels for crying out loud! They're supposed to be fights! If we wanted to be a clown, he should have joined a circus, not become what is essentially to their world what a fighter is to ours. Basically what I'm saying is this is all Yuushou's fault. xD

But I do like the idea that he's just taking peoples' advice too literally, and just being a clown, when he should really be thinking about how to fight for real, but without losing himself. To be honest though, I'm not sure the writers actually thought that far. I get the feeling we're meant to think Yuya's right. Yes the others criticised him, but that was Shingo and Serena; an idiot, and a character who's hyper serious. We're probably meant to think they're just stick in the muds or something, despite the fact they're right.

it is easy to see why Yuya wants to make people smile, but what happens in the other dimensions doesn't need to be brought into Standard. Also going from what happened with Yuto, there might be a chance Yugo could be fused with Yuya after being beaten by Yuya/Yuri, leading to a more competitive spirit based on how Yugo acts currently. That then leads to the question if each Yu- gets defeated and absorbed by another how would Yuri affect Yuya if he gets absorbed? We know barely anything besides he is overly zealous, but the same can be said for almost all duelist from Academia. 

Just watched the subs

[spoiler=Thoughts on 56 Subbed]

- Jean managed to figure out that Yuya and co aren't the same people from the night before (With Yuya's time wasting, and Fusion, Pendulum and Action cards)

- Fuck's sake Sawatari, you sure do have a big mouth, revealing everything about action duels, with that in mind, you kinda deserved to get OTK'd

Everything else from RAW holds.

[/spoiler]

In fairness, Yuya was being deliberately over-the top to try and cheer up Reira, and to distract the police so Serena could take Reira and sneak off. Neither worked, cos Reira's impossible to please, and Serena aint gonna miss out on no fight.

That said, it was still kinda dumb. I know we're supposed to applaud his non violent solution, but that's not why watch yugioh. They're called duels for crying out loud! They're supposed to be fights! If we wanted to be a clown, he should have joined a circus, not become what is essentially to their world what a fighter is to ours. Basically what I'm saying is this is all Yuushou's fault. xD

But I do like the idea that he's just taking peoples' advice too literally, and just being a clown, when he should really be thinking about how to fight for real, but without losing himself. To be honest though, I'm not sure the writers actually thought that far. I get the feeling we're meant to think Yuya's right. Yes the others criticised him, but that was Shingo and Serena; an idiot, and a character who's hyper serious. We're probably meant to think they're just stick in the muds or something, despite the fact they're right.

You know, they might use it to save the world all the time, but in the end, it's only a card game, created to entertain people, much like in real life, so, in reality, Yuya and his friends from You Show are the only ones doing it right.

I'm not sure why Sawatari would act like that, sure he is one to gloat , but why would you give information like that to people trying to arrest you. Only reveal info to people you trust, or release info you can afford to lose, keeping the info on action cards to yourself, while underhanded is beneficial in some cases. It's not like Sawatari probably used any by getting OTKed so he should just sit there and be quiet. 

Actually, Reiji even MENTIONED that Action Field/Spells and the Pendulums will be their hidden aces when it came to the other Dimensions. Sawatori was blatantly giving away information that was technically classified, and thus blew their advantage against Synchro duelists already.

Komaeda_%285%29.png

Well...that's how Sawatari is. He isn't careless, but a bit airheaded when it comes to his status as an elite in LDS and being the son of the upcoming mayor, so he's pretty clumsy. But if you had never seen platforms manifesting all around and cards being splattered all over the dueling vicinity, you'd DEFINITELY WOULD EXPLORE, *cough* Security*cough*, to see if anything peaks up for an advantage.

Keep in mind that Security forces were NOT present when Yugo got reported in the Tops area. The civilians obviously exaggerated the circumstances, maybe saying he was acting threatening or something. They don't like the "street rats" of the City, so they'd be prone to assuming the worst by default, or tweaking the truth with malicious intent. That's how they have an "assaulting civilians" charge. Security mooks are simply told to pursue them because they did X. They don't have to confirm X actually happened. That's not their job.

It's possible if Security arrested them and interrogated them, they'd be able to drop the assault charge and still get hit with the trespassing charge or whatever. Either way, that's not a comfortable risk for Yuya and co to take.

No, Yugo knew specifically that they would be accused of bodily harm even if they did not touch anyone. Can you really picture Security arriving on the place and asking: "So, what did that Common do?" and everyone telling them they inflicted bodily harm on someone, and when Security asks who was harmed, they just say "Uh, someone... you know, ehm, nobody got harmed but they still inflicted horrible bodily harm". No, I'd say it's pretty goddamn clear that the assault charges are bogus and meant to inflict a harsher sentence and smear the unlucky trespasser's reputation. It's actually pretty smart, since it would strengthen the stereotype of Commons always being up to no good, while making it seem like anti-trespassing laws are not so harsh. Simply trespassing might not imply such a harsh penalty by law, so, to harshly punish trespassers, Security just makes up more serious charges.

And I like the point made about how the smiles and entertainment motif is about not losing humanity in the face of conflict. This is a very deep moral and is probably what the writers are aiming for. Yuya not realizing this and taking the advice a touch too literally may actually help him grow further as a character, because in the face of REAL conflict, Yuya usually slips into berserk mode, and has used that advice to remember his real self (before his Sora rematch).

I know, right? It's pretty evident to me that it's not just "Duel Monsters is meant to be fun", but there's a pretty clear subtext of staying human in the face of war. And really, it's not something I've seen very frequently in fiction. To see it in a YGO anime is pretty surprising. Still, we'll see if the writers manage to make this really huge and difficult theme justice. I certainly hope so. So far, it's clear that Yuya is being set up to become the paragon of good in the group, while Reiji is the cynical leader who, in his pursuit of victory for a technically right cause, is slowly letting war change him into the very thing he despises.

We can criticize that he's not taking situations seriously, but the writers don't seem to be playing the situation completely straight. They had Sawatari irritated that Yuya was doing his Entertainment Duel. So the other characters are aware that what Yuya is doing is completely stupid. That means the writers are probably self-aware enough to KNOW it's out of place, and that's probably the point.

As a side point, it may also prompt the realization that results do not justify the methods, only in a different way than normal. Yuya's behavior got the results of tipping off the Security leader that they're not the criminals. But his method was stupid, by playing the situation for a farce. Other characters use opposite methods (extremism) to get good results, but this is usually portrayed as BAD morality. Yuya got the results he wanted (indirectly), but his method was poorly chosen for the circumstances.

I think nobody was really in the right there. Serena and Sawatari just got aggressive because of their pride (Serena is still very much a Proud Warrior Race Girl, complete with "honor" and shit like that, while Sawatari is just an overzealous idiot with a big ego). Yuya, on the other hand, expected his opponents to be impressed by his Entertainment Dueling, rather than just swat him aside. He still has to strike a balance and understand what his mother has tried to teach him. I personally think that this has really been well executed.

Technically, this Crow is a different one from the 5Ds one a lot of us remember.

Likely will be the same for Jack when he appears; no epic theme music, but likely other ARC-V music.

But yeah, Crow is back and the memories are returning too (well, most of them anyway).

I wonder if Kalin will be there too, by the way. Though, there's no unfairnity support underway so it seems like not. Still...

He might show up, but then again nothing was said.

If he indeed makes a cameo, then it'll be a surprise for us.

I would still hope Aki and the twins appear, but it seems really unlikely.

----

And then yeah, Sawatari was an idiot for spilling all of their secrets.

Let's assume Jean will somehow pass this information to all other Securities on how to play in Action Duels.

Partly the outfit as well, although his top looks more like Yugo's. Then again, Yusei has brown hair as opposed to purple here.

In any case, he'll likely play a part in the coming episode or something.

As for Yuya/Crow, if anything, their argument is likely going be about how to handle situations (like some of us were discussing earlier).

----

At some point, Yuya will likely get that Synchro counterpart of OEPD; that and whatever new ones SD29 has so far.

Hopefully Reiji also gets new Synchros also, but he likely will.

Archived