[spoiler='Reply']You know, by logic, the fact they didn't play one single Spell Card during the whole Duel does leave room for usage of Speed Spells in the future. You shouldn't be so quick to declare Speed World Neo superfluous this early on the run.[/spoiler]

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Response 2]

Keep in mind that I'm not the only one who said that, but also note that Speed World - Neo didn't grant SPC [although the concept of SPC was mentioned earlier on in episode, I believe].

So yeah, either they're going to use Speed Spells that don't require SPC to work; or Neo was just some prototype. Or it could very well be like the 5Ds manga; use regular S/T.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Response 2]

Keep in mind that I'm not the only one who said that, but also note that Speed World - Neo didn't grant SPC [although the concept of SPC was mentioned earlier on in episode, I believe].

So yeah, either they're going to use Speed Spells that don't require SPC to work; or Neo was just some prototype. Or it could very well be like the 5Ds manga; use regular S/T.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Reply 3: The Revenge']

Or maybe they simply didn't get the chance to use Speed Spells or Speed World Neo's effects; the writers might not have felt like introducing those features right off the bat, saving them for more important duels. As I stated before, if no Spell Cards were played throughout the entire duel, there's no way we can safely tell if they don't work as they used to.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Reply 3: The Revenge']

Or maybe they simply didn't get the chance to use Speed Spells or Speed World Neo's effects; the writers might not have felt like introducing those features right off the bat, saving them for more important duels. As I stated before, if no Spell Cards were played throughout the entire duel, there's no way we can safely tell if they don't work as they used to.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Reply 4: A New Quote']

Uh, didn't we see Speed World Neo's card text and the entirety of it was "This card cannot be destroyed."?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Reply 4: A New Quote']

Uh, didn't we see Speed World Neo's card text and the entirety of it was "This card cannot be destroyed."?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=This is Speed World 2]

300px-SpeedWorld2-JP-Anime-5D.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=This is Speed World Neo]

200px-SpeedWorldNeo-JP-Anime-AV.png

(Pic above is small/blurry, but yeah)

[/spoiler]

Yes, we did last episode and that's all the card said.

So in its own right, that more/less eliminates the concept of Speed Spells, well at least the ones from 5Ds (which is basically all of them); unless they use no Speed Counters but I doubt that.

It's possible that Speed World Neo is one of several variants of Speed World.

Perhaps Neo is a Speed World used exclusively by Security for the purposes of arresting Duelists, and therefore it doesn't have any effects, but while active, they're able to monitor the route being used, and redirect it. That's what some of the dialogue was implying to me, according to the script. Security is using the Duel as a pronged attack. If Yugo loses the Duel, his D-Wheel shuts down. During the Duel, Security is able to adjust the auto-pilot's course and assembles blockades in the meantime.

We'll have to see what the actual subs say; if that script isn't relatively accurate.

But yeah, it's possible that it's only used for Security purposes (Neo). 

Maybe there's another one that functions similarly to the Speed World (2) that we remember from 5Ds, but again we gotta wait and see.

OTT: Too bad I changed my avatar back to normal, even though the 5Ds hype was felt.

EDIT: nvm, I went back to Ruka until I get that 5Ds Latias I want up to standard. Doesn't seem as appealing as this one.

Or I do 5Ds Sakura.

[spoiler=This is Speed World 2]
300px-SpeedWorld2-JP-Anime-5D.png
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=This is Speed World Neo]
200px-SpeedWorldNeo-JP-Anime-AV.png

(Pic above is small/blurry, but yeah)
[/spoiler]

Yes, we did last episode and that's all the card said.
So in its own right, that more/less eliminates the concept of Speed Spells, well at least the ones from 5Ds (which is basically all of them); unless they use no Speed Counters but I doubt that.

Yeah, I hadn't seen that until now... Even so, I've got a feeling there's more to Riding Duels than we currently know.

Here's another thought, this one from a writing standpoint. As far as Duels go, this one wasn't that great. Not terrible, just...kind of generic. Which is okay for now.

Writing Duels for Riding Duels is probably hard as hell, depending on the effects of Speed World. Plot Device Speed Spell needs to have X counters. Counter accumulation tended to be every Standby Phase except Turn 1. Original Speed World had a counter reduction effect when you took increments of 1000 damage. Speed World 2 lost that, but let you use counters for different effects, in addition to Speed Spell costs and restrictions, making it a delicate balancing game, but also having the cheap 800 burn that played heavily into some Duels.

For the first introduction to Riding Duels in Arc-V, they're not going to want to run with this concept YET. Why? Because they'd have to explain it to the audience stand-in (Yuzu). That'd take time away from the Duel. And they're putting a lot of things into this Duel and situation already, although they could have definitely count out the chess motif because I seriously can't imagine how he's emulating chess strategies regarding the current state of a different game that is nothing like chess.

I'm gonna go a bit off-topic from Speed World discussion and post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16Ilypv624

So they are getting ready to premiere ARC-V Dub.

Not sure how to feel about this opening atm, but Burn! is still so far my favourite opening from ARC-V. :P

-le chess post

I assume it was just monster destroyed=take opponent's piece. But to be honest it was just a metaphor for who was winning, and the fact that they're all pawns (hah) to him.

Dub opening: eh, it's ok. Better than ZeXal's first dub opening at least, but I wish they didn't get the dorkiest sounding rapper possible XD This intro isn't going to remotely fit once they get up to the xyz reveal.

This new ending is probably the worst one out of them all. Of course there's the fact that they can't really sub over the original content, and that they have to abridge several things, but this really was the crappiest one out of them all. Taking away a very nice boy band and replacing it with a lame kids rap band doesn't really sound too catchy or having any feel of entertainment. While the other English opening has at least some decent music and some neat montages and clips to make a new, revised opening, this one is just a collage of crap, spoiling a lot of future moments in the show and just blurts out every single comedic moment they can find, no matter how trivial it is.

It's pretty lame and they could have done a better job. I think the worst part was not the clipshow but the rapping...It sounds so white on the wrong levels.

I went to YouTube to see people's comments about the opening. One comment I saw a lot of was "5Ds opening was the best English OP" (or something along those lines). Wasn't 5Ds the only series that had fans actually vote for the English opening? Why do you peeps think they never did that again, I mean, it got a good rep, right?

I went to YouTube to see people's comments about the opening. One comment I saw a lot of was "5Ds opening was the best English OP" (or something along those lines). Wasn't 5Ds the only series that had fans actually vote for the English opening? Why do you peeps think they never did that again, I mean, it got a good rep, right?

Yeah, 5Ds was the only series that allowed voters to choose their favorite (provided you had a 4Kids account). Too bad I didn't vote, though likely would've chosen Hyperdrive or We Ride to Survive.

Why they aren't doing it now, I don't know. Maybe due to the license revocation, they can't do it anymore.

Then again, I stopped caring for the dub after a while.

----

About the ARC-V one, it has a lot of scenes that weren't in the Japanese one; but lyric-wise, not too sure if I'd like it, even if I did still care about the dubs.

That was actually a pretty solid montage. Music was ok, but I feel like the dub always emphasizes "YEAH RAWK ON DUEL GAIZ EXTREEM" a bit too much.

Which kinda reinforces my suspect that the dub directors don't watch the episodes ahead, read the script or even talk to each other or the translators.

Is it only me who heard Jutte Fighter, Summoned by the policeman who was chasing Yugo (ep. 55 -- 7:29), say "Toyota"?

It actually says "Goyou da!"

Literally translated, it means "This is official business!" In the context of police officers, it translates to "You're under arrest!"

Which will also explain the whole Goyou series of monsters.

Archived