Anyone else think that because the synchro dimension is an alternate universe of 5ds then the Xyz and Fusion are alternate universes of GX and Zexal? Because I'm pretty damn sure 5ds took place before Arc V and this synchro dimension stuff is happening at the same time. If so, then Jacks ace would be an alternate RDA.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think that because the synchro dimension is an alternate universe of 5ds then the Xyz and Fusion are alternate universes of GX and Zexal? Because I'm pretty damn sure 5ds took place before Arc V and this synchro dimension stuff is happening at the same time. If so, then Jacks ace would be an alternate RDA.

yeah is already kinda confirm that the synchro dimension is an alrernate world (since Jack in arc v has a different background than the Jack in 5d) as for Gx and Zexal, gx is definitely an AU, however zexal may not be an AU (but I strongly think is an AU)

I'm just saying that I know the synchro dimension is not from standard dimension but 5ds was in the standard timeline. So wouldnt 5ds be in the standards past like gx and zexal? So wouldn't this alternate 5ds universe make the gx and zexal dimensions from arc v alternate universes too? So I'm thinking that the timeline of the yugioh series' are still intact but the "dimensions" are more so alternate universes instead. God this shit has my brain fucking fried!

I'm just saying that I know the synchro dimension is not from standard dimension but 5ds was in the standard timeline. So wouldnt 5ds be in the standards past like gx and zexal? So wouldn't this alternate 5ds universe make the gx and zexal dimensions from arc v alternate universes too? So I'm thinking that the timeline of the yugioh series' are still intact but the "dimensions" are more so alternate universes instead. God this s*** has my brain f***ing fried!

Don't thnik too hard on this, this is a kid show at the end of the day. Anyway I don't think standard actually relate to other series at all, since if it actually relate, then Kaiba' company should still be the one who is in charge of the game. So basically DM, Gx and 5d are in the same world, zexal is in a different world, Arc V as well.

Finally got around to watching the subs

[spoiler=Thoughts on 55 Subbed]

- Unsurprisingly, Security confused Yuya/Serena for Yugo/Yuzu/ Yeah, it's not the first or last time this'll happen.

- Jean somehow claimed to be so many moves ahead and figured that Yugo's set card was going to screw the security guy over, however 227 didn't listen and it cost him the duel and due to his loss, 227 is gonna get sacked, diddums.

- Melissa's line before ending the broadcast; "He's definitely been targeted." is certainly foreshadowing something between her and Yugo.

- Yugo mentions he wouldn't be able to enter the friendship cup if he's sent to the detention facility. Judging by this, anyone has been sent there at any point in their lives are ineligible to enter.

- From the dialogue Yuzu doesn't like the concept of riding duel, though to be fair the concept is unfamiliar to her.

- I should've mentioned this with my raw thoughts, but this had only just crossed my mind. I'm sure that because he had a passenger, Yugo had to have gone slower otherwise Yuzu would've probably flown off the D-Wheel at some point.

- Having said this, this reminded me of Yusei's first duel with Sherry in 5Ds because Aki was Yusei's passenger.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=New Info]

63e2743b-s.jpg

9eb9c294-s.jpg

4d5d6865-s.jpg

-The Lancers had indeed, got separated as they teleported to the Synchro Dimension. Tsukikage and Reiji's whereabouts are unknown.
-Dennis and Gongenzaka are apparently at a place called Central Park and were Dueling there. They were then scouted by Gallager, the man with the yellow sunglasses. Shun is currently at the underground Duel arena.
-Meanwhile, Yuuya and his group are chilling at Crow's place, after Crow saved them. [/spoiler]

I just noticed a thing: we don't know anything about the surnames of the dimensional doppelgangers. Yugo and Rin probably don't have one (they're orphans), but we don't know anything about the backstory of Yuto, Ruri, Serena and Yuri. We only know that Ruri has a brother, while Yuzu doesn't. I wonder if this will become important eventually.

On an unrelated note, how's the English dub? I finally managed to catch a bit of the Italian dub, and it's pretty decent, though I had prayed the FSM until the end that they wouldn't do the stupid thing and change Yuzu's name... you can imagine my despair when they called her "Zuzu". 4kids, you'll pay dearly for this one. Dumb fucks...

A lot of characters in the series lacked surnames, so they probably won't be relevant that much.

Look at Rua/Ruka from 5Ds; they didn't have any (although story went fine without knowing that piece of info, even if they were main characters).

As for the dub, not really sure.

Can't say what Yuzu's name will be in English one. If it's Yuzu, then great.

If not [and is Zuzu], well I could really care less about 4Kids/whoever's dubbing this.

Some of the name changes are okay, but a few are questionable. 

Yeah, but Yuya and Yuzu do have surnames. And the whole dimensional counterparts thing makes things more complicated.

Rua and Ruka didn't have a surname because, well, it didn't matter. We did know, however, that their parents were like ambassadors or something, and they were almost never home. Here in ARC-V, though, parents are present and involved in the story, which makes me think that this could matter. Not a certainty, but the suspicion is there.

At least this time, Security mixed up Yugo/Yuzu with Yuya/Serena while Yugo and Yuzu were wearing helmets, meaning they recognized the faces first and have a plausible reason for ignoring hair differences. This time it isn't "YOU'RE RIN!" when Yuzu has PINK hair and Rin has GREEN hair.

[spoiler=56 thoughts]

Damn it, stop doing Entertainment Duels and just beat the damn crap out of the Security.

You don't have time to be playing games and trying to entertain the Security; because Yugo did something stupid in Tops, they're going after you.

Exactly why the hell did you summon the hippo again?

Lack of Odd-Eyes also pissed me off (hell I wouldn't have cared if he summoned DRXD and mopped the floor). 

遊矢、キサマは大馬鹿野郎だよ

---

On another note, Security didn't know how to play Action Duel until halfway through the episode and only then did he pick up Action Card.

Sawatari got himself OTKed, it seems. I'm going to assume that Security blew out his whole field with 0, then direct attacked or something.

(If you had your Yosenjus, that wouldn't have happened).

At least Serena crushed her opponent with ease, and didn't waste her time.

Crow comes and saves the day (yay more BWs). It took that to get them out of the mess.

Also Reira, why don't you actually fight instead of cowering behind Yuya and Serena? You're strong enough to handle yourself.

-------

In a nutshell, the episode was horrible; especially with Yuya (enough that I'm swearing at him for wasting time being an entertainer).

Only redemption is when Crow appears.[/spoiler]

Waiting for when Yuri comes so that we can get a look at his dragon. By the way anyone think that for this dragon to even be RELEVANT to summon, it has to have someway of summoning itself, possibly contact fusion. And another thing, its materials have to have something in common with yuyas deck. We all know Yuya will get it eventually so I'm thinking possibly needs magicians? And yeah, the hippo is getting a little old. I wanna see yuya start using a more magician based deck.

Keep in mind they didn't go there to make enemies and start fights.. They went there to gain allies, and don't want to make things worse. 

Yeah I know (that's why Reiji brought them here in the first place).

Although it might've helped if Security could differentiate Yuya/Yugo apart (and of course, Yuzu/Serena also); since the latter is whom they're looking for.

Yuya is telling the truth, since he just did arrive and couldn't have caused the problem.

@above: Yuri will likely be relevant after the Synchro arc is over, so anything goes for Yuri's dragon (except for the part it's likely Fusion based)

Archived