The security did have a legitimate excuse for mistaking Yuya for Yugo, though.

As for Yuri's dragon, considering that so far the other dimensional doppelgangers' decks have been kinda based on the former protagonists', I'd say that Yuri's dragon will work kinda like a E-HERO, or a Neo-Spacian. So, either a fusion that requires specific attributes, or a contact fusion monster. We'll see.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I thought. But I kind of get what what the episode is about, its about having fun and all that jazz but what Yuga doesn't seem to understand is now is not the time. I was disappointed we saw new performapals and not new magicians. Performapals are cute but the magicians are cool, I'll take cool over cute any day. I did like the new black wing though! Me and my brother were talking and we said that because this is an alternate universe that that means jack and crow can't have the signer dragons or armor master since I think that wasn't even crows I think it was a friend of his who died or something. So I'd like to think this "assault black wing" or I think thats what they're calling it is crows ace.

I guess I'm the only one who actually liked this episode.

[spoiler='Episode 56']-Sawatari gets defeated... Will he ever win?
-Yuya showing off his entertainment dueling and Pendulum Summon to Security was actually fun to watch, unlike the episode with Smile World.
-Yuya also shows off new Performapal/Entermate monsters.
-Crow and his gang saves Yuya and co. When it got dark, it made the scene more epic.[/spoiler]

I'm not sure what it says about us that the show is trying to teach us to "make people smile with duels" and we all responded with a resounding "f*ck that! Kick his head in!" XD

Anyway, the new entermates are kinda cool, but the episode as a whole was somewhat uneventful compared to recent weeks. Serena played the same move she always does, and doesn't have the excuse of being Shun. Shingo got beaten of screen, so no new underworld troupe cards for us. and Reira... probably the best duelist there... was useless. Though he was also adorable.

Since Crow is appearently here, doesn't that mean the Synchro area is the actual 5D's canon?
I mean, they have always implied the dimensions to be expys of the other Yugioh arc, but still...

NA is already confirm that this Crow is not the same Crow in 5d, he is from an AU

Funny thing is, I don't hate this episode. It's a mediocre episode, but while Yuya may seem like an utter moron, that behavior I feel is actually key to fixing the situation. He was insisting things were a misunderstanding, and by Dueling that way, he is distinguishing himself from the normal "criminal" type that the Security more or less expects from their opponents. It didn't make them play worse, but it does set him apart as someone different from usual.

I think we can almost all agree that Yuya is not even close to being as a moron as Yuma though.

Well Yuma is probably the most innocent and childish out of all the main protagonist (he is the youngest after all) I won't call him a moron cause of that

When was this? I forget.

Also, anyone else notice that Security was holding tight onto Sawatori for the ENTIRE episode but then decide to let him go right at the end? Twas pretty dumb...

In the beginning of episode 7 (the episdoe where Yuto first appeared in)

[spoiler=Episode 56 review]

I felt this episode is a bit rush, they skip how they OTK poor Sawatari, they skip Serena's duel as well. I understand that is a 22-ish minutes, and that they can't skip Yuya's duel, but the way this episode works just seem weird. I don't understand why they decide to let Yuya duel in this episode, they should just let Serena and Sawatari duel in this episode. We havn't see much of their decks anyway, so this episode should be 'the episode' where they show off their stuff. Last week I was praising how the writers create a situation for them to duel in. I have a felling the writers suddenly change their minds and decide to have Yuya dueling this episode. (curse the dumb Previews)

As for Yuya's dueling style, while I do find it a bit annoying, but I do understand why he was acting that way. He was trying to cheers up Reira, who was scared at the time. Sure it was unsuccessful, and it kinda make the relationship between them become even more awkward, but at least Yuya tried. The entertainment duels also helps stall time a bit. Him acting that way was also due to Yuya's mum, who told Yuya to never give up on his Entertainer side (being true to himself) before he left. While yeah him doing that was out of place and weird, but Yuya is an entertainment duelist after all, so of cource he will always act like that in a duel, so theres no way he would give that up (just like like Yuma will always kattobingu)

Crow shwoing up at the end with a new monster was cool, but the new monster is called Assault Blackwing - Raikiri the Sudden Shower.. Please don't tell me Koanmi will suddenly make a sub-archetype call Assault Blackwing... eyebrow.png

In the episode it was reveal that Jean knows about the different dimensions, so it should be interesting to see if he has any connection with bold guy Leo.. [/spoiler]

One thing I noticed in this episode is that Crow kept the same VA from 5Ds.

[spoiler=Thoughts on 56 RAW]

- Cross Over looks to have caused some sort of an error. (Well it is an unknown card to the Synchro Dimension, so no surprise here)

- Sawatari lost, yet again.

- The look on the Security guy's face when Yuya used Hippo Carnival (Why the fuck is he using that again?) sums my reaction to the duel.

- Even though the duel was bad in general, I understand that Yuya wanted to cheer Reira up.

- I mean Security used pretty much all of his resources to get rid of Yuya's hippo, jeez.

- We see new Performapals.

- Seeing as Sawatari was being held by security for most of the episode, it was weird when he was freed as Crow showed up.

- Crow kept the same VA he had from 5Ds, good to know and he's also the only redeeming point of the episode.

[/spoiler]

Reira can be scared. Under normal circumstances he is easily intimidated and shy around any non-Reiji people. Now imagine the situation in which he is thrown into another dimension and arrives on a shady run down street, surrounded by officers forcing their way into them from the get go, and without Reiji around. Instead, just a bunch of teammates that he actually just met right before crossing the portal.

Yuya's actions were both good and bad. I like Entermates so I don't care if there's no "cool" in it, and no Odd-Eyes is not a bad thing as long as the alternate plays are sufficiently good. It is like going away from the Hope-spam from last gen so I'm all for it once in a while. Yusei also did stuff without Stardust and even without Junk Warrior (or either) at times. I also agree with making it an entertainment duel. Yuya is probably used to officers being good guys, much like Yuzu, and they don't want to make things more difficult for them if they are gonna get allies, and Reira needed to be shown things are not hopeless too. This is not one of those situations where the opponents will be all like "You beat me so hard, HE IS A TRUE GENTLEMAN, I must follow you from now on to learn the ways". On the other hand, what he did wrong was actually waste valuable things. He just gave the officers a tutorial on Action dueling and showed off Pendulum Summon, and I'm sure they'll use the info next time. 

Sawatari was the lowest part of the episode for me. He was quick to start responding aggressively, and I did hope he'd get at least a decent duel because I'm still not digging his new deck on design or on power compared to Yosenjus. He still needs to justify his new deck, and just got OTK'd off-screen and captured. So much for taking advantage of their weapons. I guess they are just teenagers trying to move around against trained cops so naturally they aren't moving anywhere, especially when the cops are trying to corner them and don't know action duels exist, which makes me think making it an action duel was useless and just served to give in info on the wrong time.

Serena doesn't care about action cards (naturally), and her posture was more self-defense-like than Sawatari's. Interestingly enough, her duel wasn't skipped for the most part, she just OTK'd him on her second turn. We lost the battle phase of the security guy because he apparently went into his Synchro and didn't do anything to Serena's field. Admittedly, it is a pretty important part of the duel, though.

I already expected the episode to go like this more or less because the cliff-hanger was Serena and Sawatari vs Secutiry, and the previews were Yuya and Reira in an entertainment duel. I'm just glad Serena wasn't also OTK'd too, so it could have been worse. I'm just glad she didn't go down Aki's path from 5Ds (being a badass during the Fortune Cup arc, and then just being "kambare sugoi Yusei sempai!!!" and losing her powers afterwards, for whatever reason the argument used for it).

[spoiler='My two cents']Come to think about it, maybe the conflict between Yuuya and Crow mentioned in the synopsis for one of the future episode has something to do with the latter disapproving of the former's resorting to an Entertainment Duel during a situation like that. I hope that means both can get some development from their confrontation, with Yuuya learning that there are times when he won't be able to solve a conflict peacefully, and Crow understanding that there are others when it's best to opt for conciliation over confrontation. Because, from what I understand from the Sakaki family's philosophy, it's more than simply getting everyone to laugh together at their antics, but to always strive for a solution where all parts come out winning, instead of simply having the winner, whether they're on your side or not, crushing the opposition and taking all the spoils for itself. It's all about diplomacy and relativism - that is, not demonizing the enemy to the point of refusing to compromise with it at any circumstances - , I guess.[/spoiler]

Archived