[spoiler=Thoughts on 127 RAW]

Another talky episode, joysville

- Yuya is finally reunited with his father

- Leo cardifies the Doctor (I didn't think he'd do that, but I assume the Doctor had served his purpose which is why I think Leo disposed of him like that) and doing so returned the bracelet girls to normal.

- So after Ray defeats Zarc with the four spell cards that she took from Leo (which held a power rivalling that of Zarc), the world split into four dimensions, and we knew already that the bracelets were used as a means of stopping Zarc from becoming whole again.

- It'll be interesting to see what Leo's deck is like... if we even see any of it in the next episode because it'll probs be overshadowed by plot things.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also been a while since I discussed episodes and developments, so I'll sum up my recent observations and intrigue.

[spoiler=Episode Thoughts]

Wow, the writers are really being forced to juggle the secondary characters. Kaito was looking for the Doktor (although his most recent appearance in 126 implied he spent a lot of time information-gathering). Shun somehow managed to find Yuya and Ruri while injured, and somehow Kaito and Edo met up in route to the exact same room, AFTER Edo and Yugo saved Sora. And then Edo and Kaito do nothing but find Yuya. And this is around the time that the Professor is explaining the plot to Reiji and Yusho.

These last two episodes have been WAY more epic than they have any reasonable right to be. It's about goddamn time, though.

But this episode is...interesting, but weird. The Professor cards the Doktor, finding his methods and experimentation to be as dangerous as Leo's original study with Real Solid Vision (which caused Zarc). That means the whole Parasite subplot was almost completely pointless, other than allowing Ruri and Rin to Duel and show a glimpse of how their Decks function. But...that's about as far as it goes, but can't say it bugs me TOO much.

The background with the dimensions splitting and how the Professor learned about the incarnations of Yuya and Yuzu in each dimension finally explains things. The reason Yuzu's bracelet teleports the Yu-counterparts is because the bracelet was one of the powers that split Zarc, and the dimensions, apart in the first place.

If post-split, the Professor was in Standard (he said there was no Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summoning), then I assume the most basic incarnations were also in Standard (Yuzu and Yuya). Interestingly, Yuya didn't ever experience a Berserk Mode until he merged with Yuto. In fact, he was the only Yu NOT put into Berserk Mode during Yugo and Yuto's Duel, possibly justified in that his dragon hadn't been Summoned, but he still resonated with the dragons' Summoning in some form.

With that in mind, combined with the fact Yuzu's bracelet is the ONLY one that has actually caused the Yu-forms to Teleport (Serena's did nothing except glow, despite Yuya/Yuto, Yugo, AND Yuri all being in the same room, and Yuzu's bracelet previously demonstrated that ANY combination of Yu-incarnations cause the others to Teleport, with Yuya himself seemingly being immune, so it doesn't appear that it's Dimension counterpart oriented, otherwise Serena's bracelet should have caused non-Yuri Yus to vanish), I gather that the Standard Versions really are the most basic, and only by adding the others in some form do the differences become more noticeable.

Which makes me think Standard Yuya is pretty much how Zarc was before he started going psycho - aiming to entertain and please the audience. Most sincere in this devotion. Yuri probably is a bit of Zarc's sadistic streak, allowing him to enjoy his actions despite how depraved they are, because they give the audience satisfaction. Adding Yuto to Yuya gave Yuya more angry impulses and desires, and his evolved Odd-Eyes represents the destructive power. After all...Yuya and Yuto is essentially half of Supreme King Zarc. And Odd-Eyes Rebellion and Raging are called Supreme King Dragons.

I dunno, I'm kind of just rambling now. But Leo also made comments indicating that the split dimensions are more in the "past" than the present, because he didn't have memories, and that Serena, despite strongly resembling Ray, was younger than Ray. Reiji's comments also suggest that the Professor, prior to regaining more of his memories, had settled down with Himika and had Reiji during that time. Reiji was supposedly like...13 when he traveled to the Fusion Dimension, and 16 now. Yuzu and her counterparts would have been 11-14 during that time range, but Ray in the flashback was definitely older than that. So how old IS Leo? He looked like he was in his 30s or so in the flashback, and he conceivably is 40-50 now, so I guess that matches up somehow. Dunno if Himika is Ray's mother (hair color resembles Ray's, so it's quite possible, but I dunno if she is aware of it, if she is).

And yeah, I did figure that the reason Yuya is being targeted is because Leo is fully aware of the Dimensional Counterparts and their strength. Not sure if defeating all the counterparts would really STOP Zarc from existing in the Arc-V, assuming Leo was honest with Academia about the carded souls being resurrected. Then again, quite possible, because it seems that ONLY Ray and Zarc have dimensional counterparts, and everyone else is just themselves, no counterparts. If the worlds merged, enabling the Ray counterparts to become Ray again, and logically the Zarc counterparts would become Zarc again...what of everyone else? Do they get revived from cards? If not, I can see how carding a Yuya counterpart would be good, but if the carded people do get revived...again, it doesn't STOP Zarc from reviving.

I guess that sort of thing I'd have to wait to find out answers to.

[spoiler Okay]

So I am glad the Zuzu's are free which is good news, but bad news all four of them are in one place and trapped by Leo, who just wants his little girl back.

So what does Yugo represent in all this?

And I'd say now Zuzu is torn.

And besides, merging the dimensions? Yubel could have done that with Super Polymerization, so why not Zarc?

[spoiler=127]

• Well, theory confirmed. Yuya and his expies were once Zarc, but split apart after Ray (combined Yuzus) confronted him.
    • To be fair though, Yuri's the only one out of Yuya's expies who even has Zarc's mentality of beating everyone. Rest of them (Yuya, Yuto, Yugo) are more/less tame.
  • The Doctor got carded by Leo; just wow. Oh well, I guess some fans are going to be happy he's gone, but yeah.
  • So basically Leo wants to merge the worlds into one to get his daughter back, even if it means causing genocide (carding people technically counts), Now where have we heard this before (hint: he got killed a couple weeks ago).

Ah right, and the subs were out at the time I watched this. Didn't bother to look at the errors, but most of it was apparently fine.

6th Series eh?

well we know that Konami need money so they can keep this game alive which in return make more money, to keep the game a lot longer, etc

but probably Konami need to rest on the animation production and take extra dedicated time to produce another?

Think the sixth series will have a female Main protag this time?

It would be a change of pace, but Yugioh has typically had males doing those roles because shonen and general attitude of society. There's nothing wrong with having female protagonists, as certain franchises have shown, but it's up to the creators whether or not to take this step. 

I wouldn't mind it too much, but at the very least, they'd have to be competent. 

That being said, that's not much of a confirmation to suggest we'll be getting a sixth generation, but likely might be. We'll also have to see what the premise will be, and if they'll add more summon mechanics that we have to deal with. 

Is it a stretch to think that if there is a sixth series that they won't add a new mechanic? I mean it's possible, but at this point, we'll have to wait and see.

Well Pendulums are half Spell and Monster, so they could either re-use something, combine Monsters with Traps or take the next step and enhance Spell/Trap types. (Though a new Extra Deck type sounds redundant).

I have a feeling they might do more with Pendulums, or they'll just stick with what's there. There's a lot of uncovered ground with Xyz/Synchro/Fusion? pendulums, as well with pendulums in general. If not, they might do something new for the maindeck instead. Can't really say what's to come next.

Shoot me now because I was bored and watched episode 64 of the dub;

Ofc in the dub Jack is once again referred to as the Master of Faster and some of the BG music from the 5Ds dub was present here as well.

Episode 64 is hardly as much of an issue as episode 24 ... trying to turn shun into a "badass" taking away his aggressions and translating eradicate as make others tremble in fear or something pointless as that ... that ... was ... disturbing ... like what the hell the beginning of his last turn got watered down in such a severe way that it is not even slightly comparable ... turning shun from a revenge maniac into some kind of pseudo-badass, who has no personality beyond being a stereotype ... it makes me sick ...

Episode 64 is hardly as much of an issue as episode 24 ... trying to turn shun into a "badass" taking away his aggressions and translating eradicate as make others tremble in fear or something pointless as that ... that ... was ... disturbing ... like what the hell the beginning of his last turn got watered down in such a severe way that it is not even slightly comparable ... turning shun from a revenge maniac into some kind of pseudo-badass, who has no personality beyond being a stereotype ... it makes me sick ...

Oh boy. After reading that, I defo prefer Japanese Shun to dub Shun.

We'd all prefer the subbed version to dubs nowadays (well, most of us anyway), hence why I stopped caring for the dub after very early ZEXAL / late 5Ds.

In terms of any potential sixth series, I'd agree on them expanding the current card types more as opposed to making a new summon mechanic. We'll have to see though.

4kids is dead remember. And it's not a gun, it's a Men in Black Neuralizer. I programmed it to reset your memory to before you watched that dubbed episode.

My memory seems fine, you must've hit one of my clones instead  :Kappa: ... owait I edit'd out of the post

Anywho, I need to watch le subs (since I haven't done so yet)

Archived