Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm so now can use...

Sturdy Regirock which....kinda better? Not sure. Clear Body isn't bad and Sturdy isn't great for it.

Ice Body Regice. Hmmm interesting possibility.

Light Metal Registeel. Overall worse than Clear Body.

Now for the birds..

Static Zapdos, pretty good on a usually defensive mon, though...Toxic is usually better for it to get off on something. But it's interesting.

Snow Clock Articuno. I always forget when Snow Cloak is legal or not. But it's a pretty decent ability, with some possibilities.

Flame Body Moltres. Noooot a defensive mon buuut, I guess it's better than Pressure. Though it'd be a drag to burn, say, a Guts user.

Don't think we'll be seeing much change in usage, maybe a bit more for the Ice types on both ends. But mostly on the rare Hail teams.

I had no idea there was an event for the HA Regis going on, so I was pleasantly surprised to receive them when I went on Bank earlier today. It did remind me that I still need to pick up Celebi on Y and OR, so I need to do that at some point. Want to get a decent Celebi or two for competitive play, yet I have no idea what I need to be looking for. Maybe I'll go on Smogon and see what options they have on there for Celebi.

I didn't hear about it either, but suppose I'd better get the Regis when I access Bank again, albeit they aren't really used on my end. (I need to move stuff from White 2 over anyway)

Still need to get Celebi though (however I have my Bank one from 2014, which I haven't touched). Most sets generally cut its Attack, so yeah a special set works. (I generally use Gen 5/6 stuff, but it's just a suggestion. You can probably deviate from it as you see fit)

----

Then again, I'd like for the HA Beasts eventually.

Resetting for a good one is a massive pain though. Getting a good nature, 31 IVs in speed (IMO this is the most important stat to have maxed) and avoiding having 31 in the stat you don't want is rolling a lot of dice. It gets even harder when you can end up terrible numbers in the other stats you care about. At least you get it at level 100 so you can get the full breakdown on the IVs.

Knowing me, I'll probably try to soft reset for a decent one, but give up eventually and just settle for what I get. I always did that when I would try to soft reset for a shiny starter.

Thats what happened for me with Celebi. It isn't TERRIBLE, but its lacking (31 ATK is 100% useless).

I would never reset for a shiny starter. Seems insane since your just never going to get it. I'll do it for nature or gender if I wanted a female, but thats about it.

Thats what happened for me with Celebi. It isn't TERRIBLE, but its lacking (31 ATK is 100% useless).I would never reset for a shiny starter. Seems insane since your just never going to get it. I'll do it for nature or gender if I wanted a female, but thats about it.

So high attack isn't needed on Celebi? Good to know if I do decide to soft reset for a good one.

Nowadays, that's really the only reason that I'd reset the starter, but when I was a kid and discovered that you could get a black Charizard, I would soft reset for a shiny Charmander every time I played through FireRed and would never get it. I learned my lesson.

Thats what happened for me with Celebi. It isn't TERRIBLE, but its lacking (31 ATK is 100% useless).

I would never reset for a shiny starter. Seems insane since your just never going to get it. I'll do it for nature or gender if I wanted a female, but thats about it.

Hmm...

U-Turn, Seed Bomb, Zen Headbutt, Healing Wish, Choice Scarf?

So high attack isn't needed on Celebi? Good to know if I do decide to soft reset for a good one.

Nowadays, that's really the only reason that I'd reset the starter, but when I was a kid and discovered that you could get a black Charizard, I would soft reset for a shiny Charmander every time I played through FireRed and would never get it. I learned my lesson.

Celebi is best used as a defensive Pokemon. It can do a lot, but generally speaking you want a -ATK nature and +DEF (bold) or +Sp.DEF. After that I'd say timid is 3rd and modest is last since you can teach it Nasty Plot.

Its amazing the crazy things we'd do as kids.

Hmm...

U-Turn, Seed Bomb, Zen Headbutt, Healing Wish, Choice Scarf?

Also has a Bold nature (which is the best nature for it). Again, super hard to get everything to line up.

• 3 weeks later...

poke_jirachi.png

For those who don't check Pokemon or Serebii on a daily basis, Jirachi should now be available for download on Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The event runs till the 24th of this month, so get it while you still can. When I was younger I always thought its third eye (closed eye) was a pouch, which I like better as a design... but it unfortunatly isn't.

There are a few mons exclusive to bank users, I believe Genesect is one of them,

Who wants to trade Jirachi for a Genesect, out of curiosity? I have two and I am on my way to completing the dex, and if you refuse, I can always offer you a dupe of my other Legendaries as they arrive throughout the year.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zapdos,_Articuno,_Moltres_with_Hidden_Abilities_to_be_distributed_via_codes_in_newsletter

(For those of you in the United States and Europe; just remember to sign up for the newsletter within the next 14-15 days)

----

I just need to get Jirachi from the delivery girl. 

Archived