Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know whether I will enter or not, but I have prepared a few Pokemon I could possibly use. The options for my team include:

• Alakazam, Magic Guard;
  • Nidoking and/or Nidoqueen, Sheer Force;
  • Cloyster, Skill Link;
  • Machamp, No Guard;
  • Chansey, Natural Cure;
  • Kangaskhan, Scrappy;
  • Scyther, Technician;
  • Gyarados, Intimidate;
  • Ditto, Imposter;
  • Jolteon / Vaporeon / Flareon, whatever ability;
  • Possibly a few more from a different cartridge.

Any suggestions or advice for what I should use? Anyhow I still have some breed rejects for some of these Pokemon (3 or 4 IVs). So if you are interested in some of these Pokemon, I might be able to help you; the training is up to you though. Also, just as a reminder, non of the Pokemon will be holding items, so the move "Knock Off" will not be as useful.

On another note, appearantly there will be a Nintendo Direct regarding Pokemon this Friday (26th of February).

Anyone else hear about Pokémon Moon and Sun being trademarked? That'd be interesting if those were the Gen 7 games.

Just looked it up now; if those end up being the Gen 7 games, then let's see what they bring.

Magearna is certainly going to be from this era.

Considering they're paired, most likely will be a 3DS game.

Once we get data on it, new discussion thread for them.

-----

(Why does Nintendo Direct have to be at 5 am for me -_-. I think someone will post it on Youtube later on, so that might help.)

I'm taking it with a grain of salt as well. I'm still hoping for a third Gen 6 game since I feel like it would be a big missed opportunity if they don't explore the region a bit more. However, I wouldn't be upset with gen 7 either, especially if they were still on the 3DS. At this point, I just want some sort of new main series game, at least an announcement.

Edit: I just noticed it's going to be really early in the morning for me, which is disappointing. Hopefully, I can watch it before I see any spoilers.

i thought we had cresselia and darkrai to represent the moon/dark side but wh-wh-wh-what do i know yo

Well that's true but neither represent the sun.

The only, non-Solrock, mon that really represents the sun is Volcarona.

While there's several that represent the moon, such as Lunatone of course, Cresselia, and Umbreon.

I saw a very interesting theory earlier today. It stated that since X/Y is a homage to Gen 1 (at least some people consider that anyway, from what I read), maybe Sun/Moon (if they are announced in a few hours) will be a homage to Gen 2 and will let you travel to Kalos like you could travel to Kanto in Gold/Silver.

Not saying it's true or anything, but I thought it was an interesting theory.

I saw a very interesting theory earlier today. It stated that since X/Y is a homage to Gen 1 (at least some people consider that anyway, from what I read), maybe Sun/Moon (if they are announced in a few hours) will be a homage to Gen 2 and will let you travel to Kalos like you could travel to Kanto in Gold/Silver.

Not saying it's true or anything, but I thought it was an interesting theory.

I'd be hip with that.

Sun and Moon does make me feel reminiscent of Ho-Oh and Lugia too.

Trying to think of what type the legendary on Moon's cover would be. I'm thinking Sun's would be Fire.

If Sun and Moon are the new games and are a new gen, the Sun legendary would be Fire and maybe something else. Not sure about the Moon legendary, but Water/Dark does seem like it would fit best.

I saw someone on the Pokemon subreddit coming up with types for the other planets in the solar system in case they decide to make Pokemon or legendaries out of them. That seemed cool; earth would definitely be ground type, but not sure about the others.

Who wants to bet if Sun and Moon are real?

They are certainly real. The trademark for them exists. The question is what exactly are they. It could end up like Delta Emerald and be a side mission (thought the logo suggests otherwise), it could be the 2017 games, it could be remakes of the 1st Gen, the 7th Gen could be starting a year earlier then most people would have predicted, it could be the names for other Kalos games, it could be something totally unexpected. All we know is that they are a thing, but that thing could be anything.

Let's see what happens in another 11 or so hours; may very well be, but be patient.

Actually like 10 hours. If memory serves it is at 7 PST so its not that far off.

By the time Nintendo Direct shows up, I can't watch it since it's 5 am on my end (and I'm generally on way to university at the time; don't ask why). 

In any case, until it airs, we can't really say much more about what it'll be (outside of guessing). Could be Gen 7 (I think this is the case) or something else; we don't know. 

I still don't know what to expect. I feel like Gen 7 is the most likely thing given the 3rd game always has some tie with the first 2. Not to mention we do have Magearna who is clearly a Gen 7 Pokemon. That being said, not getting Z is REALLY weird. They changed the anime name to XYZ and it would be weird to make that change if it was only for a year and not for a new game. Zygarde is the other sticking point since we know at the very least it has two moves programmed into XY and it would be weird for it to get the other forms in a non-Kalos game. Magearna being involved in the next movie doesn't have to mean Gen 7 is starting this year either since a lot of Gens have had pokemon show up in movies over a year before the gen itself started. We also have the fact that every gen to this point has had a 3rd version and should the gen last for another year it would still be well within the normal time span for a Pokemon generation.

tl;dr I have no idea what this could end up being and am expecting anything.

Magearna looks like a mechanized Diance. And its associated with a city that is implied to be linked to AZ. The Azoyh Kingdom.

There's a lot of lore, but more likely:

If its Sun/Moon, they're either a 6.5 or Johto-like gen 6 game.

Furthermore, back to the lore stuff that I'm not typing out on my phone, it's likely that we could get a Primal/Mega Regigas and maybe Mega Regis, as the latter are associated with AZOTH as well.

I picked up mine before I went to sleep, though I actually have to get it from the delivery girl (with whatever nature/IVs it ends up getting). I probably should check if I can also get Celebi for X/Y (though I probably don't need to, because I still have my PokeBank one).

Though, checking Serebii for which events require you to go to Gamestop and which ones can be done from anywhere with internet connection is useful.

Archived