Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

Curious if anyone else has been resetting to get good natures and IVs on their legendary Pokemon? When you have the catch them its a nightmare but when its just talk to delivery girl it isn't bad. I think my best result so far has been with Darkrai. My timid one had the imperfect IVs roll to 26, 28, and 30. Sadly Speed wasn't perfect, but it got 30 and losing the speed tie vs. base 125 (which only has 2 other Pokemon) isn't the worse thing in the world.

Hooooooly crap, the amount of EFFORT I spent to get a Modest Kyogre with good IVs in all the right places. Eventually ended up with a Modest with max HP, SpAtk, and Speed IVs. A similar amount of effort was put into rolling every other legendary I caught.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hooooooly crap, the amount of EFFORT I spent to get a Modest Kyogre with good IVs in all the right places. Eventually ended up with a Modest with max HP, SpAtk, and Speed IVs. A similar amount of effort was put into rolling every other legendary I caught.

I only just have the patience for the gift legendaries, I would go insane if I was legit catching them and then crunching numbers to see if they had good IVs. I mean, you get one free roll with the Master Ball, but after that, nope.

Curious if anyone else has been resetting to get good natures and IVs on their legendary Pokemon? When you have the catch them its a nightmare but when its just talk to delivery girl it isn't bad. I think my best result so far has been with Darkrai. My timid one had the imperfect IVs roll to 26, 28, and 30. Sadly Speed wasn't perfect, but it got 30 and losing the speed tie vs. base 125 (which only has 2 other Pokemon) isn't the worse thing in the world.

I do that A LOT, even for White 2 runs. (Even for X/Y and OR/AS, barring certain legendaries b/c they're required for the story, average is about 20-30 times before I get an acceptable nature and IV spread)

Gen 5 has a ton of re-rolls (think record is about 30-40x); I literally don't care if they're Shiny or not (making me wish that I actually saved the Master Ball for Shiny Lugia in AS instead of using it on Kyogre b/c I cbb to battle it properly). 

It does kind of suck that I have to hard reset (since I think the R button on DS is broken; L seems to be fine).

I do that A LOT, even for White 2 runs. (Even for X/Y and OR/AS, barring certain legendaries b/c they're required for the story, average is about 20-30 times before I get an acceptable nature and IV spread)

Gen 5 has a ton of re-rolls (think record is about 30-40x); I literally don't care if they're Shiny or not (making me wish that I actually saved the Master Ball for Shiny Lugia in AS instead of using it on Kyogre b/c I cbb to battle it properly). 

It does kind of suck that I have to hard reset (since I think the R button on DS is broken; L seems to be fine).

I wasn't counting but it felt like 30-40 tries for the Darkrai. And that was the first Timid result too.

I'm also doing Yveltal right now and got an Impish with Perfect HP, DEF, SPD, very good ATK, and average SPE. I was so tempted to keep it but then I remembered the one I caught in game (don't even think I was reseting too) was also impish with near perfect HP, ATK, DEF, SPA. Sadly the SPD and SPE are TRASH but I'll live since I REALLY want to use Oblivion Wing.

For a variety of legendaries I have soft-reset the game to get a better one. But mostly for the non-story relevant ones, as those don't have huge text walls and trainer battles accompanying them (Yveltal/Xerneas after which you battle Lysandre, Groudon/Kyogre has a rather long cutscene following their capture, Rayquaza followed by the Zinnia battle as well as Deoxys battle). Though I must say that most of them could still be better, but I ran out of patience. This due to capturing them takes quite a while, especially if you consider I want all my Pokemon in certain Pokeballs with a tad low capture rates. My Mewtwo and Cresselia for example both have 5 IVs maxed out, but the 'missing' one is S. Attack, this isn't necessarily a problem, but their natures don't quite fit an alternative set.

As for event legendaries, I usually reset for a better one... often ending up in not collecting it. With "Synchronize" you can somewhat manipulate encountered legendaries' natures, making it slightly easier to get a better one of them. This is the reason I have not collected most event pokemon yet.

With regards to legends, I don't reset for story relevant ones, but I'm fine with resetting for legendaries like Cresselia for example.

On another note, despite me saying I wasn't gonna enter because the entry gift being not at all special (given you can train for one with the same moveset by level 20), I've decided to enter the Johto Classic anyway.

I frequently soft reset for the Mystery Gift ones. Sometimes I'll keep the result despite it not being ideal, either because it's close enough, or it's IV spread is just so good that I doubt I'll get a better one.

For example, the shiny Xerneas, I got it with a Quiet Nature (+SpATK, -Speed), but its IVs were just SO fantastic I decided to keep it. I got it with like...27, X (ATK doesn't matter), 31, 31, 31, 31. Yeah. Sure, it'll be slower due to the nature, but it's fantastic defensively and offensively.

And I usually soft reset for other legends, either because I'm really bored and hoping for a shiny (I did get a shiny Cobalion from doing this) or I want a vaguely useful nature. It's a pain, but I always appreciated Gen VI giving 3 perfect IVs, which coupled with Synchronize and such makes for a much less frustrating hunt.

I guess it's a good thing I have a ton of Synchronize Elgyem with various natures from White 2 runs [or my normal Espeon]; would make me have to soft-reset a LOT less in Gen 6. Wish I had known that earlier.

But if it's neutral nature and good IVs, I generally keep them. (Still need to get Moltres, and then moving to Yveltal)

• 2 weeks later...

New month new event Pokemon. Manaphy this time. Get it while the getting is good.

Also, on a random note, anyone have a HA Tyrunt? Want to breed one but never did the event thingy to get it.

I think i might have one, but i have to check my pokebank (which i may or may not still possess).

New month new event Pokemon. Manaphy this time. Get it while the getting is good.

It might be worth mentioning that this event is available through Nintendo network (otherwise known as internet).

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-gb/mythical.html#jun

Also, on a random note, anyone have a HA Tyrunt? Want to breed one but never did the event thingy to get it.

As for this point, I do have a Tyrunt with its ability Sturdy. Got it in trade quite a while ago. Haven't bred it yet though.

I'm actually really pleased they're distributing all the Mythical Pokemon this year, considering how hard it is to have kept up with all the previous events. And while my Pokedex is complete, I like being able to get Legendaries with potentially good IVs.

Darkrai is another case of having such a good IV spread I kept it. It had a neutral nature, but really good IVs. Darkrai was being a frustrating soft-reset case and I just didn't care THAT much. It like never wanted to roll a +Speed nature, and when it did, it had terrible stats where it mattered.

The shiny Yveltal I got lucky with. It was the nature I wanted on my first try, with really bad HP (like...a 4), but DEF - Speed were 31. You're simply not going to roll that good again.

I am looking forward to Shaymin the most, though. It was one of those events that I forgot about until I was working towards Dex completion in Gen V, so I had to go back to my Platinum game (which did have the Oak's Letter), navigate to the spot (which was a pain because of that cave and my Pokemon's levels being poor because I had transferred my best stuff to Gen V already), and then catch the thing. Humorously, Platinum is also the reason I got Manaphy/Phione, because Platinum allowed you to see a pic of Manaphy, so you could then search for it and request it on the GTS.

I offered a Carnivine (because Carnivine was one of the obnoxious Great Marsh Pokes that like...everyone was trying to get or something). Someone accepted the trade. Jackpot!

If not for that, I'd still not have a full dex.

• 2 weeks later...

So the weirdest thing happened;

Even though I entered the Johto Classic and participated in enough battles to get the prize, for some reason I wasn't able to collect the prize. It really annoyed me. Luckily you can recreate the moveset just by training one up to level 20 and teaching the TM Attract, so that's what I did, bred a Miltank w/ Scrappy and trained it to level 20. That way I have the Miltank with the same moves, level and ability as the event one, but not the actual one from the event.

What happened, you didn't receive a code or something else happened? If you did enough matches, you should've gotten it unless it's also linked to your Pokemon Club thing again. But yeah, since the moveset and stuff is really no different than training a standard one (only difference is with Whitney's name on it), I didn't bother entering this time.

Ah right, I still need to get my Darkrai from the delivery girl, then pick up Manaphy (even though I don't really need it much, except for Phione and I think I have some spare ones from elsewhere).

I participated in enough battles and logged in with the game I used for the competition, I just didn't receive a code for some reason.

On another note, if any of you have participated in any Play! Pokémon VGC events, including Regionals, Premier Challenges, Nationals and even the International Challenge Battle Competitions, then you will receive an e-mail for a special Shiny Mewtwo with its Hidden Ability of Unnerve. The code will be distributed via e-mail in late July and the code will expire in August 21st 2016. You need to make sure your account has a valid e-mail by July 10th and that your account is opted into Play! Pokémon events before you participate in any. This Mewtwo matches the one given in Japan and comes with the Mewtwonite Y and is Level 100 with the moves Psystrike, Psychic, Recover & Aura Sphere.

If you haven't yet, there's the Internation Challenge later this month; sign-ups start on the 16th.

• 3 weeks later...

The next battle competition has been announced; The Sinnoh Classic. It's a double battle competition that runs the current VGC rules. You can use any pokemon from 1-493 in the national dex, except the following 'mons; (Dragonite, Mewtwo, Mew, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Giratina, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus) No mega stones either. Registration is from July 14th-21st and battles are between July 22nd-24th. All entrants get Cynthia's Garchomp from DP; Level 66 w/ Dragon Rush, Brick Breka, Giga Impact and Earthquake.

I'm finding it weird that they're banning Dragonite and Tyranitar in this tournament, but yet Salamence, Metagross and Garchomp (well, this better not be banned) are allowed. At least some legendaries are permitted (Eons are in, yay) and other stuff.

I don't know if I even want to enter this competition otherwise (although I would think that the Garchomp would have perfect IVs everywhere, so that might be some incentive). Guess it'll depend if I have time or not as well. 

I think the region battle competitions get less interesting as the number of useable pokemon grows. With only the first two gens you have a really limited selection of Pokemon, so making a good team with it could be really fun. It does get less interesting as the limit grows, but at this point its basically letting you replay the old formats with some extra new stuff. Gen 5 competitive without always rain would be interesting.

What a load of funking bollocks; so they finally announce the Shiny Xerneas event for the UK, the only problem is that it's via serial code distributed at the Hyper Japan Fest in London from July 15-17, which I might add is a ticketed event that costs £15 to enter. It's funking stupid quite frankly as the US and Japan received it via WIFI for free.​ It's practically inaccessible to most players, why couldn't they have made it a WIFI distribution in August or something. I just pisses me off tbph.

Archived