Legend of Korra

Ren✧

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well from what I have heard from Bryke and the producers via their Twitters/Tumblr, Nick didn't like that the show was starring a female as the strong lead and have been kinda pissed about it ever since. A lot of fans hypothesize that's why they have managed Korra so crappily. Which really sucks, because this seasons is loads better, if but a bit slow. There is a lot build up going on here, and I would imagine that in the next episode or two is where we are going to see things come to a head.

As a side note, who else really wants Bolin to learn how to metalbend?

If that turns out to be the actual reason for this, it is no longer just about defending Korra, and I can finally officially call Nick a piece of crap that needs to go away. There's been plenty of decisions from the channel as is that have greatly contributed on making me stop watching TV, but this would be in a whole different level.

I wouldn't probably affect them all that much since I already don't really watch TV anymore, but now my mindset would have to change from indifference towards bad quality content and time-wasting tactics, to actively despising them and spreading the message of not encouraging others to watch it more actively.

If it turned out to be true that is. That it's just about disliking strong female lead roles.

If that turns out to be the actual reason for this, it is no longer just about defending Korra, and I can finally officially call Nick a piece of crap that needs to go away. There's been plenty of decisions from the channel as is that have greatly contributed on making me stop watching TV, but this would be in a whole different level.

I wouldn't probably affect them all that much since I already don't really watch TV anymore, but now my mindset would have to change from indifference towards bad quality content and time-wasting tactics, to actively despising them and spreading the message of not encouraging others to watch it more actively.

If it turned out to be true that is. That it's just about disliking strong female lead roles.

Well, I heard that the shows producers had to fight pretty heavily to get Korra to be the main character. What Nick did was they ordered up a new Avatar series, and then when they were presented the idea of the new avatar being a girl and the main character, they were like "That's not what we ordered!" 

I'd like him to.

It's a little disappointing to see LoK shafted to digital-only, but at the very least, I think (I hope) we're getting Book 4. Nick had already ordered a fourth season before this.

I've been really liking this season so far too, much better than S2.

That's good to hear, I though I had heard that before, but couldn't be sure. And with the way things are shaping out, it really looks like they are giving up on Korra

• 2 weeks later...

Well Nick's website isn't working for me, so I went off in search of other means to watch the new episode. You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKbtJsPsnIU , but I would imagine it is going to be taken down fairly soon so if you want to watch it, I encourage that you do it quickly.

[spoiler=Kinda Spoilery]

It was a pretty good episode, pretty much confirmed a lot of the theories out there about the motive behind the Red Lotus. I was kinda shocked to hear that it was the Earth Queen and not the Red Lotus to capture Korra. Also, I expected a lot more from the Oasis battle. I thought maybe Bolin would show off some wicked, spontaneous metalbending, but alas no. Perhaps that will be the key to their escape though. Dare to dream...

[/spoiler]

Hello all *waits for response but only receives the chirping of crickets*

*clears throat* ANYWAY, tomorrow's episode has been leaked. Which kinda pisses me off, but doesn't surprise me because we are dealing with nick. I found a link to the episode(wasn't hard to find).

http://korraspirit.net/watch/long-live-the-queen/

And it seems to be pretty good quality. Actually waiting for it to buffer currently. Just thought I'd leave it here

I'm gonna make the effort to keep watching it during a set time slot. I should be happy about getting stuff early but I'm also pissed off about the mishandling of its schedule.

As for the episode, which I just watched last night:

[spoiler=spoilers]

I kinda imagined Zaheer & co. going for a rescue operation and was actually rooting for them compared to the queen. Though I was mistaken in a good way.

It was awesome how they made a plan to get Korra without having to fight their way out initially and without having to help Korra's team. It seems to me that it is much more important for them to get Korra for whatever they want her for than to take down world leaders since he seemed to agree and be genuinely interested on said deal. He knew Korra was on her way so he didn't have to do that, and his reaction to the queen's tantrum was "those were not the terms of our deal!" meaning that even though he is technically the enemy of the season, he keeps his word and is very bound to honor.

Then that last part. *gasp*

That was brutal. Did they just take down the Dai Li in a mere few seconds? Granted that there should be more of them than that but still...

Did he just take out the air inside the queen's body and killed her? In theory I've been thinking air benders could do something like that since Aang's time, but I never thought they'd actually use it. That's just brutal. 

The water girl with no arms is good, but I'm yet to imagine she'd be stronger than Amon just yet.

Though the show could get more brutal like they did with Zaheer just now, like.. the technique that the old lady that taught Katara blood bending... the one where she dried out a bunch of flowers to create water. If they did that with people I'd consider it the ultimate brutal water technique. It'd remind me of Crocodile from One Piece a little, though.

The rest of Zaheer's group is pretty much unmatched in my head already though.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Putting this in a Spoiler Just in Case]

First, I suppose I should share my thoughts on the latest episode. I thought it was downright amazing! I had been waiting all season to see that sand shark, so was very pleased to see that going into the episode. I am also very glad that it wasn't a spirit. They are getting such a bad rep and everyone(including the spirits) seem to be pretty upset with the merging of the two worlds and I just wanted it all to go smoothly for Korra. Anyway, on to the rest of the episode.

The interaction between Ming Hua, Ghazan, Mako, & Bolin was arguably my favorite part of the episode(of course, this episode was so good that it is hard to put it in order). The reason I enjoyed it so much was they portrayed them in a way that didn't show them as mindless goons, or diabolical villains, or even people with good intentions. They portrayed them as actual people and I couldn't help but fall in love with them! Another thing that really got my attention, was Bolin guessing at Ghazan's backstory. If you'll recall, he guessed that 1) Ghazan was raised by an older sister. 2) Ghazan's mustache grew in at the age of 10. 3) There is an unspoken attraction between Ming Hua and Ghazan. Ghazan then replied "Two out of three, ain't bad." Which led a lot of people to believe that Ghazan and Ming Hua are attracted to one another. But, hear me out for a moment. What if it is the first two guesses that are correct and not the third? What if, Ming Hua is actually Ghazan's older sister?! Idk, might not turn out to be anything, but I feel like it is a twist that the show writers would throw in. Lead everyone to believe that there is a romantic element to their relationship, but in all reality they love each other because they are brother and sister. I desperately want this to turn out to be canon.

Anyway, I probably spent way too much time on that part, moving on. There was a lot of teasing towards Bolin metalbending which got me really hopeful that perhaps my prediction that it would play into their escape was correct. Alas, no. Still waiting on that bit, but with as much energy they are putting into that particular gag, I have to think that by the finale Bolin will have accomplished metalbending!

Now the really good stuff! The Red Lotus taking down Dai Li agents and killing the Earth Queen. BOSCO HAS BEEN AVENGED! In all seriousness though, Zaheer is the most terrifying villain that we have encountered in the AvatarVerse. He is not above killing, not only that, but he isn't above killing world leaders! This was definitely the darkest area that the show(including the prior series) has ever visited. Sure, bloodbending was dark and malevolent, but there was just something about the way Zaheer went about it that really sent a chill down spine. Idk, maybe I'm playing too much into it, but now that it has been confirmed that Airbenders can do this, what else can they do? Adjust air pressure to make your ear drums explode and pop your eyes out of your skull? Shove air into your lungs and cause them to explode? Separate the gasses in the air and poison you on the spot? I think this is a real testament to how deadly the Airbenders actually are and that they were only wiped out by the Firebenders because they were pacifists. 

I suppose there isn't much else to talk about... Ghazan tearing down the wall was wicked cool. 

Now, Akari, on to your comment about Ming Hua, I agree that she is probably not as advanced in waterbending as Amon, simply because bloodbending is seen as the highest level of waterbending and Amon was genetically gifted in the ability to do it even without the help of the full moon. However, I don't think we are going to see her bloodbend or anything of that sort. We really haven't seen her do much waterbending aside from the manipulation of her arms and such, which leads me to believe that her waterbending isn't going to be as diverse as it could be if she had her arms. I think what sets her apart is her ingenuity and creativity in the face of adversity(someone right that down, it probably belongs in a speech somewhere). I think that Ming Hua is probably one of the strongest and most deadly waterbenders out there, but not because of her ability to do all these wicked techniques(like bloodbending, which she can't do) but because her disability allows her more freedom than any other waterbender(a parallel can be drawn between herself and Toph). You make a good point about waterbenders having the potential to draw the water out of other organisms(which is an idea I had tossed around since Bloodbending was introduced in ATLA). Also, what's to stop her from shoving her water arm down your throat and freezing it? 

Whew, sorry for the massive post guys. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Since it's relevent:']

All of the Elements have extremely lethal applications when you consider them at more basic levels:

Airbending can crush people (Telekinetics basically), remove the air from someones lungs, force to much air into the lungs to the extent that the lungs pop. Even just manipulate the air out of the space around someone and create a vacuum. 

Earth bending can be deadly just because you apply massive amounts of force from basically nothing. Essentially breaking bones with ease or at least massive interal injuries. Burying people alive is another option, since you just move the earth around someones feet and then seal them there. 

Waterbending can kill in thousands of ways. You can stop the blood flowing around a persons body and make them choke to death. You can freeze the blood in someones veins (Which would burst there veins and mean they'll bleed to death as well). Or just drowning someone conventionally works equally as well. 

Firebending: Aside from the obvious setting people of fire, if you break down the element into what it's most basic form is - The manipulation of thermal energy, you can do an awful lot more - You can remove all the heat from someone, and thus cause them to freeze entirely. You can increase the heat in someones body till they combust. 

All of the elements have the lethal applications, I would just assume tradition has prevented them from becoming commonplace - You would not make these details commonly known due to the chaos it could cause. Or in the case of Firebending, the origin that leads to that application has been forgotten. Either way, these applications have always been there. It's just more shocking that no-one has been shown using them till now. 

[/spoiler]

I keep seeing people saying the episode was amazing, but I didn't think that. It was good, sure but not super special awesome or anything. The stuff with Bolin's metalbending is getting a bit tired and the interaction between Korra and Asami and the crew felt off to me. That being said Asami has been amazing this season. Everything we've gotten from her character has just worked. Zaheer is also a good villian, just wish we would get more from the other 3.

I keep seeing people saying the episode was amazing, but I didn't think that. It was good, sure but not super special awesome or anything. The stuff with Bolin's metalbending is getting a bit tired and the interaction between Korra and Asami and the crew felt off to me. That being said Asami has been amazing this season. Everything we've gotten from her character has just worked. Zaheer is also a good villian, just wish we would get more from the other 3.

I think the reason this episode sticks out more than any other is because they pushed a boundary that they hadn't pressed before. I agree that Bolin's metalbending teasing is becoming a bit tedious, but I didn't really notice anything off about Korra & Asami's interactions with the airship crew. I actually really liked the way they left(mutual respect and fistbumps!) Idk, obviously it is just a matter of opinion

I think the reason this episode sticks out more than any other is because they pushed a boundary that they hadn't pressed before. I agree that Bolin's metalbending teasing is becoming a bit tedious, but I didn't really notice anything off about Korra & Asami's interactions with the airship crew. I actually really liked the way they left(mutual respect and fistbumps!) Idk, obviously it is just a matter of opinion

I just wish they had more tension between them. They kidnapped/arrested them on orders of their queen and then they beat them up and stranded them. I get the need to work together, but I feel they got along too easily.

I just wish they had more tension between them. They kidnapped/arrested them on orders of their queen and then they beat them up and stranded them. I get the need to work together, but I feel they got along too easily.

Welp when you're stranded in the middle of giant desert with stuff that wants to eat you, I think you'll start to listen to the Avatar who is trying to keep you alive fairly quickly, even if you have orders from the queen.

Maybe that's just me though. ;-;

AAHHHH! Korra hate! It burnsss!!!!!!!!

No but in all seriousness, I have fallen in love with Korra's character and silently flipped shit through book 2 as people complained about how bad she was. Now, I don't want to say that Korra is better this season, because I liked her last season, but she seems to be exhibiting all the traits that the fans wanted from her. I am loving Korra even more through this book as we see her get untangled from the Makorra relationship, which I had begun to grow weary of towards the end of Season 2

Korra was awful through most of Season 2 because SHE LITERALLY JUST FORGOT EVERYTHING THAT SHE LEARNED IN SEASON 1 and it was just so frustrating the mako korra relationship was awful and argh it was intolerable

thankfully by the middle of season 2 she started to get back on track and since then she's been much better. >>

also now that it's an online thing they should totally just have korra and asami hook up cause the two have such a good relationship compared to what qualified as a romance between korra and mako

also now that it's an online thing they should totally just have korra and asami hook up cause the two have such a good relationship compared to what qualified as a romance between korra and mako

I only ship Korrasami as like best buds and not romantically. I honestly think that Mako and Korra have the same chemistry that Katara and Zuko had, so I am much more a Makorra shipper than I am Korrasami. 

[spoiler=Spoilers]

Seriously scared about the finale. Thinking they gonna kill someone else and I am not emotionally ready for that. 

Anyway, this newest episode wasn't as good as last weeks, but there was a cool amount of action in it. Even though the Red Lotus like completely dominated and it was incredibly one sided. 

Seriously wished we could have seen more from Kya. She fought Zaheer so well and even though she lost it was incredibly epic. Her fight with Ming Hua was not nearly as impressive. 

[/spoiler]

Agree it wasn't as good as last week (and I wasn't even as hot on that as most). It has the problem I've had all season, it doesn't feel like anything is happening. Also, you would think to keep someone near the phone.

As for the fight, I agree it felt too one sided. I get why it was, and you never want to see the heros get beaten, but this was pretty bad. At least last time the fight didn't have a proper conclusion. Tenzin came off looking badass though.

I also am scared for the final eps of the season.

Archived