Legend of Korra

Ren✧

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merged the seasons 3 and 4 threads so we have a single Korra thread.

I still need to finish season 3, since I haven't watched the online episodes, but… yeah, this news does not bode well for them. Is there really anywhere else the Avatar creators can go to? I don't think Cartoon Network or the Disney Channel would be interested in something like ATLA.

I still need to finish season 3, since I haven't watched the online episodes, but… yeah, this news does not bode well for them. Is there really anywhere else the Avatar creators can go to? I don't think Cartoon Network or the Disney Channel would be interested in something like ATLA.

Good idea. Should have done that myself. I think Cartoon Network would be interested. If they want to keep the tone they did with Korra it would fit in well on Toonami.

I don't know if that matters though since Book 4's going to be the last one anyways.

They'll do it online on Nick.com and then that's a wrap, as far as I see it.

Book 4 was the planned ending anyway. The only thing is if there's a future for the Avatar-verse. I wouldn't mind seeing a series set in the past, about Avatar Wan's life, or any of the Avatars, or really a non-Avatar. A lot of the normal people have interesting stories, and in Seasons 1-2 of Korra, she was the least interesting or engaging character on the show by far.

They don't something in the Avatar-verse for their next show, but the show got awards all over the place. I'm sure Bryan and Mike won't have much problems getting work.

As for where they could go, Cartoon Network, Netflix, or some sort of online thing might be good.

Heck, I feel Nickelodeon holds back some of the potential of the show. It's impressive to see how violent they can get away with while still skirting under TV-Y7 but... hearing an explosion after P'Li's head-armor thing would have added quite a lot to that moment, instead of being ambiguous and still kinda second guessing if you saw what you think you did.

There's also weird little dialogue quirks here and there. Hearing Lin angry and saying "It's got diddly squat to do with the mess you're in right now." and "Cut the garbage Tenzin" just seems really out of place for someone trying to be a rough cop. It's just small details like that and they quickly take me out of the experience. Not saying they need to curse or anything, but specific word choices detract from the mood.

Just my thoughts.

Book 4 was the planned ending anyway. The only thing is if there's a future for the Avatar-verse. I wouldn't mind seeing a series set in the past, about Avatar Wan's life, or any of the Avatars, or really a non-Avatar. A lot of the normal people have interesting stories, and in Seasons 1-2 of Korra, she was the least interesting or engaging character on the show by far.

They don't something in the Avatar-verse for their next show, but the show got awards all over the place. I'm sure Bryan and Mike won't have much problems getting work.

As for where they could go, Cartoon Network, Netflix, or some sort of online thing might be good.

Heck, I feel Nickelodeon holds back some of the potential of the show. It's impressive to see how violent they can get away with while still skirting under TV-Y7 but... hearing an explosion after P'Li's head-armor thing would have added quite a lot to that moment, instead of being ambiguous and still kinda second guessing if you saw what you think you did.

There's also weird little dialogue quirks here and there. Hearing Lin angry and saying "It's got diddly squat to do with the mess you're in right now." and "Cut the garbage Tenzin" just seems really out of place for someone trying to be a rough cop. It's just small details like that and they quickly take me out of the experience. Not saying they need to curse or anything, but specific word choices detract from the mood.

Just my thoughts.

Elaborating on what you said about non-Avatar characters, Iroh (Zuko's uncle, not the other one) has a past story that we have just been told about fragments of.

His journey to the spirit world that general Zhao mentioned before they attacked the North Pole.

His trip towards the Sun Warrior civilization when he pretended to kill the last dragon.

His transition between being a proud Fire Nation soldier feeling destined to conquer Ba Sing Se, to realizing the horrors that his nation caused the world and deciding to leave without caring about scarring his image as a legend. Passing through his son's death, how he met the other White Lotus members of that time, and even how he studied water benders to develop the lightning disruption technique.

Finally, his decision to leave behind his at last attained peaceful life as a tea shop owner and everyone close to him in order to make that final trip to the spirit world, including probably the good bye he must have given Zuko before parting, if any.

Me neither. I just like getting involved in conversations. But this is freaking awesome. Also, Aang's not gonna be happy. He had three books while his predecessor Korra has 4. Also, this may be a theory, but does anyone think that Korra is named after Koran, the Avatar that faced Kou, the Face Stealer?

TLA: 61 episodes

LoK: 52 episodes.

Her name is based on the name of the dog of someone the creators met that follows the naming convention of people form the southern water tribe..

Interesting. It figures Bolin would end up working with the not!Big Bad. That'll make for interesting dilemmas later on.

I don't like Mako's hair, he should spike it again. Same with Jinora's actually (I don't know why I'm having such an issue with hairdos all of a sudden).

Overall though, the episode was good. I wonder what's going on in Korra's head right now.

Korra I believe feels the need to grow stronger due to just scraping by on her last fight, and probably feels like she let everyone down.

Metal clan traded one family split for another, Maybe we need Toph back now.

As Kai said Bolin is just doing what he believes is good for the people.

Kinda wish they quit with the spoiled-spoon fed Royal Earth Family.

I think that she hasn't really given up, just realized that she's not really needed anymore, as the season finale kind of showed that everybody else could take care of the world, and well, it's three years after, and it seems to be going better, even if Kuvira's methods are...sketchy to say the least, it's at least shown that she can do something, where Kai and Opal failed pretty badly (like really, you couldn't take care of one guy?). I wonder why she would lie to her dad about being in the city though, that seems not very much like Korra, but I guess we'll have to find out in the next episode what's going on.

On another note, screw that Wu guy, from the moment I saw him, I wanted to hit him in the face.

More Varrick, yay!

Does it feel like Asami doesn't have much of a point in the show anymore?

Reall wish they showed what is so evil about Metalbending lady. They kept telling us she was the big bad, but she didn't seem horrible. Hell of a lot better than the price dude or w/e. Couldn't stand him.

When the airbenders had the food stolen they looked so stupid. You saw the plane, get up and cut the line before the guy even starts coming down. And you know, had you not fallen off, you could have tried to follow after them.

Over all, was still enjoyable. Curious to see where we go from here.

Archived